FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The biggest issue with NASCAR's banned substances

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:27 am

The biggest issue with NASCAR's banned substances

Everyone knows Alcohol is one of the worst drugs out there. People die of alcoholism every year and struggle with being alcoholics. It does a lot of damage to your body.

But it is everywhere and accepted. Budweiser sponsors Kevin Harvick, Miller lite Brad Keselowski, and the Coors light sponsors the pole award. Hard liquor is in the sport too as Crown Royal now sponsors the Brickyard 400. Crown, Jack Daniels and Jim Beam used to be on cars. Beer and NASCAR are hand and hand.

Yet if a driver smokes a little pot (not saying AJ did it but being that pot has no real effects on a person that is the most likely drug he did if he did any illegal drug). They are treated like drug addicts, sent to rehab and lose their jobs. If AJ did smoke pot he will be fired from Penske, but that probably wouldn't kill his career. It would hurt it though.

Or is the drug-testing really just a sort of anti-competition rule? Drivers are only permitted to use addictive, dangerous, driving-safety-impairing substances if NASCAR can make money from them.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:59 am

Re: The biggest issue with NASCAR's banned substances

bottom line alcohol is legal....

and there is no comparison from drinking a beer or doin a line of coke, something like coke can kill ya instantly, ask len bias, not to mention the scum that deal drugs, they dont care if you get high, just as long as they get their money, and at least miller, bud, coors, spend millions on campaigns to drink responsible...
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:04 am

Weed should be legal too IMO. It is decriminalized in a few states though. Weed is the most harmless drug you will find. Also the majority of Americans have tried it. #### Barack Obama was a stoner back when he was living in Hawaii.

Well yeah coke is awful and if he did Brittany he is done. I have seen friends of mine did Brittany and got addicted. It is a very bad drug. But get this, Alcohol kills more people than Coke and Heroin.

To me the issues with drug dealers is an easy fix. If people just would stop buying, then drug dealers wouldn't make any money and have to stop. People make the choice to go buy an eight ball. The drug dealer doesn't come and force you to buy it.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:45 am

Doesn't this country have enough problems without legalizing junk drugs? Perhaps time would be better spent finding a cure for the disease of the week. I'm not for booze either. I don't have to drink to enjoy my life. I don't have to drink or smoke dope or sniff something to deal with anything that is depressing or whatever. Personally I don't care what you do but please if your loaded with something that affects your mind stay off the roads and stay away from children. They don't need to see a drunk or hyped up drug user.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Bottom line is Alcohol is legal. Nascar doesnt make the laws. BTW Alcohol is excepted by America, society & all other sports banned substances.
One thing though. Drivers arent suppose to drink any alcohol with in 24 hours of racing a Nascar race, so it is still prohibited. its not like Nascar okay's drunk driving on the track.

Besides before making Nascars banned substances into a political thing. Keep in mind. They make rules for their emploees to abide by, & these employees get paid million's of dollars to work for Nascar.

They are not victims, if they fail to follow the rules.

Leave the politcal side of it out of our sport. We dont need another Brian France around here.

Sports can ban legal substances, but they cant unban illegal substances.
If you are caught with an illegal substance in you are are breaking more than just a rule. So really nascars hands would be tied. (if it was as simple as weed)
I really dont get this complaint.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:24 pm

i guess he picked weed, because out of all the illegals that is one with less harm, gives ya the munchies, so i guess in turn make ya fat, haha,

aj decided for the b test and depending when it is taken, they will get the results in 5 days..
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:56 pm

Weed out of all drugs is the most harmless. You just get hungry. If AJ smoked weed I hope NASCAR doesn't make him go to rehab (that would be ridiculous).

I just find funny that not only NASCAR, but sports in general advertise just a harmful drug like alcohol. But if someone smokes a little weed they are a drug addict. Shouldn't be the case.

BTW weed is decriminalized in 17 states.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:59 pm

michaeljohn wrote:i guess he picked weed, because out of all the illegals that is one with less harm, gives ya the munchies, so i guess in turn make ya fat, haha,

aj decided for the b test and depending when it is taken, they will get the results in 5 days..

Is that how you gained weight????? :P :P :P
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:05 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:i guess he picked weed, because out of all the illegals that is one with less harm, gives ya the munchies, so i guess in turn make ya fat, haha,

more weight to knock you around with..........
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Smoking Bud on your day off is healthier than getting drunk...
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:34 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
midwesternsmoke wrote:

more weight to knock you around with..........

WELLLL then, you'd better eat a few more biscuits......I'm in better spirits than you and my endurance will make yours BOOOOO HOOOOO for about a week. :shock: :shock:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:40 pm

i may not be as cheerful as you but remember im stoned half the day anyway from my meds so i wont feel a thang, and once that leg gets cleaned out, time for you to take a 60 minute ride wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Return to NASCAR & Racing