FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

#14 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Team Penalized For Infractions

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:55 pm

#14 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Team Penalized For Infractions

NASCAR has issued a penalty as a result of rules infractions committed during last weekend's events at Daytona International Speedway. The #14 team in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4J (any determination by NASCAR officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules detailed in Section 20 of the NASCAR Rule Book); and 20-2.1J (unapproved open vent hose inside of the car). The violation occurred during post-qualifying inspection July 6. As a result, crew chief Steve Addington has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Aug. 22. Car chief Jeff Meendering has been placed on NASCAR probation until Aug. 22. Driver Tony Stewart and owner Margaret Haas have been penalized with the loss of six championship driver and six championship owner points, respectively.(NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications).
STATEMENT The following is a statement from Greg Zipadelli, competition director at Stewart-Haas Racing, regarding today's penalty levied by NASCAR against the team's #14 Sprint Cup Series entry driven by Tony Stewart for a post-qualifying rules infraction July 6 at Daytona International Speedway: "While we respect and accept NASCAR's decision, we want to be clear that there was no malicious intent. In a rush to replace a cracked rear windshield that happened during tech inspection prior to qualifying, we jostled a cooling hose that was behind the seat. We understand NASCAR's position and will abide by its decision."(7-10-2012)

Pretty little penalty. But usually in these situations there are no further penalties. Why did NASCAR decide to penalize points now This isn't the first time someone's qualifying speed has been disallowed and points were not taken away. This is the first time if any other time, that Tony has been penalized points for something to do with the car.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Re: #14 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Team Penalized For Infracti

Well.....This is a great news day for SHR.....not.......Don't know who left the hose clamp off, but who ever it was should be wearing around his neck so he doesn't forget it again......like a string around your finger! :P
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:02 pm

good thing he won then
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:06 pm

jamo14 wrote:good thing he won then

Ikr.

Austin Dillon was also docked more points. That is the third time this season the 3 team has been penalized.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Annalee wrote:Well.....This is a great news day for SHR.....not.......Don't know who left the hose clamp off, but who ever it was should be wearing around his neck so he doesn't forget it again......like a string around your finger! :P

Personally, I think he should be sitting on it for the week :twisted:

Even worse, he's tied for 5th with Cupcake now. We all know how important each and every point is. Less 6 points last year and we'd be calling Flipper "Champion". Ugh :x
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Well, if NASCAR wants to start playing hardball... they better do it equally with each and every competitor and team out there! Wow, 6 points... that's huge.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Zippy made a statement: "While we respect and accept NASCAR's decision, we want to be clear that there was no malicious intent. In a rush to replace a cracked rear windshield that happened during tech inspection prior to qualifying, we jostled a cooling hose that was behind the seat. We understand NASCAR's position and will abide by its decision."
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:37 pm

That's Zippy being politically correct. I just hope this doesn't effect the chase for Tony. :(
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

SpeedBeagle

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:11 am

1.) There are only 8 more races until the Chase starts. I really don't see any one driver dominating those 8 races.

2.) It's summer. Need I say more?

3.) Tony is always strong at New Hampshire, Watkins Glen, and Atlanta. He should pick up more top five finishes- if not wins- before the Chase.

4.) Once the Chase starts, those 6 points are irrelevant. Points are reset based on wins.

5.) If the Chase started today, Tony would be tied with Brad Keselowski for 1st in the points.
go fast, turn left
<<

gkbacb

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:19 am

i would bet that if Tony didn't win, and finished outside the top 20, he wouldn't have gotten a points penelty, they started in back and came to the front, NASCAR's probably telling themselves, because Tony won that he has to be penelized even more than starting in back, as it was all too easy for him to drive to the front

Return to Tony