FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Throw SHR in the mix for which team Kenseth is going to?

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Throw SHR in the mix for which team Kenseth is going to?

Now with Army leaving, things don't look great for Ryan as far as staying here. And while the media says Kenseth is going to JGR (I think so too). They have been wrong before. Everyone said that Carl Edwards was going to JGR.

I could really see Kenseth coming to SHR. With the Army leaving he approaches Tony with some sort of sponsorship package.

If Ryan does end up leaving I could see Matt Kenseth or Kurt Busch replacing him.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:21 pm

Re: Throw SHR in the mix for which team Kenseth is going to?

Difference between Carl & Matt's scenario's is in the eleventh hour Ford jumped in to keep Carl from signing with JGR.
Matt already has a deal in place. Her has already signed. Which means the eleventh hour has already passed on Matt. Which means it isnt SHR.
Because if it was, then it would be really prick of Tony, to string Ryan along saying they are working out a deal with him, when they already signed Matt & was never bringing Ryan back. I cant see Tony being that big of a (Beeep)
So I am pretty sure it is JGR & what happened with Carl cant happen with Matt because Matt has already signed a deal.
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Difference between Carl & Matt's scenario's is in the eleventh hour Ford jumped in to keep Carl from signing with JGR.
Matt already has a deal in place. Her has already signed. Which means the eleventh hour has already passed on Matt. Which means it isnt SHR.
Because if it was, then it would be really prick of Tony, to string Ryan along saying they are working out a deal with him, when they already signed Matt & was never bringing Ryan back. I cant see Tony being that big of a (Beeep)
So I am pretty sure it is JGR & what happened with Carl cant happen with Matt because Matt has already signed a deal.

NOPE, NOPE, NOPE.....Kenseth to SHR with Matt Borland as Crew Chief. The powers that be were awaiting the Army's final decision......We'll wait BUUUUUUT, you'll see I'm right :P :P
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

tonycrazy

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Agreed Schmoopy.......

According to Krissies tweets....and a sirius radio interview w/ Ryan....it seems they r working on a deal for Ryan...it just had to be sealed....i really dont think he is goin anywhere...... but for arguements sake....if someone else came in to replace him it would be that they already had a sponsor....like Danica....she is there due to Go Daddy....otherwise she'd be out the door instead of Ryan....

tc

<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:58 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:

NOPE, NOPE, NOPE.....Kenseth to SHR with Matt Borland as Crew Chief. The powers that be were awaiting the Army's final decision......We'll wait BUUUUUUT, you'll see I'm right :P :P[/quote]

MW, I think you are right!! Hmmmm... Could it be a fourth car !?!? Time will tell :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:37 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Difference between Carl & Matt's scenario's is in the eleventh hour Ford jumped in to keep Carl from signing with JGR.

How do we know though that Matt hasn't signed with SHR? Things can be kept under wraps in NASCAR.
It wouldn't be a screw job to Newman. That is just business. Which is why Tony said Ryan is allowed to look at his options.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:46 pm

people thinking matty going to shr is a pipe dream, boreland wont come out of retirement, because that is a step down from the job he has now.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:49 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:

How do we know though that Matt hasn't signed with SHR? Things can be kept under wraps in NASCAR.
It wouldn't be a screw job to Newman. That is just business. Which is why Tony said Ryan is allowed to look at his options.

it would be a screw job, because as he is allowed to look elsewhere, SHR has said they are working on resigning him & if you believe SHR tweets, they say for the record SHR is only negoitating with one driver to sign & his name is Ryan Newman. So if Matt was already taking his ride like you would like to debate, then it would be a screw job to lead Ryan to believe his ride is his, when it isnt.
He would be like the next rooty. Scrambling at seasons end to find a seat.
Of course none of this matters because Matt isnt coming to SHR.
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:57 pm

michaeljohn wrote:people thinking matty going to shr is a pipe dream, boreland wont come out of retirement, because that is a step down from the job he has now.

~~~~SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAPPS MJ~~~~ See, I CAN do that, I'm not a "kid" :P :P

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude, sometimes it ain't about the money. I've taken $20,000 a year pay cuts because I was MISERABLE. MAYBE Borland is getting bored with his cushy desk job. I for one can understand that logic. I couldn't stand my $60,000/yr desk job. Gimme $40,000 and I'm the happiest I've been in a LOONNNNNNNNNNGGGG time......... 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
color]
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:17 pm

michaeljohn wrote: boreland wont come out of retirement, because that is a step down from the job he has now.

I agree with that. He has a good thing going right now.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:

it would be a screw job, because as he is allowed to look elsewhere, SHR has said they are working on resigning him & if you believe SHR tweets, they say for the record SHR is only negoitating with one driver to sign & his name is Ryan Newman. So if Matt was already taking his ride like you would like to debate, then it would be a screw job to lead Ryan to believe his ride is his, when it isnt.
He would be like the next rooty. Scrambling at seasons end to find a seat.
Of course none of this matters because Matt isnt coming to SHR.

Its July so it isn't like he would be let go with three races to go.

Roush said that they were working on a contract for Matt and we saw what happened.

And never say never. That makes you no different than the media :P.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Lets put it another way.......... You wanna Bet? :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:35 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote: boreland wont come out of retirement, because that is a step down from the job he has now.

SS14, Now, I'm not doggin' you 'cause you're young.......Borland may be bored with his cushy desk job. It isn't always about the money. I've taken $20,000/year pay cuts because I was MISERABLE. If I have to re-work my finances to compensate for the loss of $$, I'll do it in a "skinny minute" if it meant I could be happy at my job and L@@K FORWARD to going to work every day. Someday when you're older and have been in that kind of position, you'll relate more to what I'm saying. I promise you that if you take a poll, asking people HERE if they've ever left a cushy job because they were miserable, you'd get a surprising number of people that said "YES".
color]
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:45 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:

SS14, Now, I'm not doggin' you 'cause you're young.......Borland may be bored with his cushy desk job. It isn't always about the money. I've taken $20,000/year pay cuts because I was MISERABLE. If I have to re-work my finances to compensate for the loss of $$, I'll do it in a "skinny minute" if it meant I could be happy at my job and L@@K FORWARD to going to work every day. Someday when you're older and have been in that kind of position, you'll relate more to what I'm saying. I promise you that if you take a poll, asking people HERE if they've ever left a cushy job because they were miserable, you'd get a surprising number of people that said "YES".

I get what your saying and it makes sense. I have in a situation last year where I was at a job that I was making really good money. But I was miserable. Then I quit for a job that paid less. But I enjoyed the work more.

But from what I have heard it sounds like being a crew chief is a more stressful job than to be the VP of competition. All that travel on the road gets to you. He gets to spend more time with his wife and kids and have a life outside of racing. At his age that is probably what means the most to him.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Lets put it another way.......... You wanna Bet? :mrgreen:

I don't even think Kenseth is coming to SHR. Just putting the idea that he could out there.
RIP Dan Wheldon
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing