FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Smoke Pit

<<

ndunn

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Re: Smoke Pit

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:If Tony will ever be someplace that you really don't want him to be....INVITE ME. I swear that things only get cancelled when I ATTEND. The Fan Appreciation Day at Eldora this Friday was cancelled. My friend and I are still going because we bought tickets for that night, but still... of all the dadgum luck. :x

What a bummer...I doubt if I could handle all this that has happened to you. NOT FAIR IS IT?
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:57 pm

I can't believe it, how could this happen? :cry: Oh well, next stop MIS they won't cancel the race....At least I hope not.....sorry

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:59 pm

As far as I know, Tony's still supposed to race in The Knight Before The Kings race Friday 7/13.
They usually let people into the pits after the race is over & Tony will sign some stuff.

Now I've never gone into the pits after a race when he's there, hubby wants to bug out as quick as possible.

But I went to the Office Depot in Florence, KY. & got my championship jacket autographed. Finally got a jacket signed. Though I haven't been chasing a driver for 13 yrs, it's been since 2005 for me. Either he's just out of reach that doesn't fit my time sched, or I think the weather dampens something (outside thing) or I get sick or something comes up & I just can't go. But dag gone I suffered the 100+ temp to get that autograph finally.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:11 am

Smoke14Wins wrote:As far as I know, Tony's still supposed to race in The Knight Before The Kings race Friday 7/13.
They usually let people into the pits after the race is over & Tony will sign some stuff.

Now I've never gone into the pits after a race when he's there, hubby wants to bug out as quick as possible.

But I went to the Office Depot in Florence, KY. & got my championship jacket autographed. Finally got a jacket signed. Though I haven't been chasing a driver for 13 yrs, it's been since 2005 for me. Either he's just out of reach that doesn't fit my time sched, or I think the weather dampens something (outside thing) or I get sick or something comes up & I just can't go. But dag gone I suffered the 100+ temp to get that autograph finally.

There is hope yet! That is AWESOME that you got that jacket autographed! Good for you!!!!! See perserverence does pay off! 8-)
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:12 am

ndunn wrote:
MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:If Tony will ever be someplace that you really don't want him to be....INVITE ME. I swear that things only get cancelled when I ATTEND. The Fan Appreciation Day at Eldora this Friday was cancelled. My friend and I are still going because we bought tickets for that night, but still... of all the dadgum luck. :x

What a bummer...I doubt if I could handle all this that has happened to you. NOT FAIR IS IT?

Nothing is fair in life... maybe I need to focus on the thrill of the chase. I must be missing something along the way which is why I need to keep "chasing"... LOL
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:13 am

Annalee wrote:I can't believe it, how could this happen? :cry: Oh well, next stop MIS they won't cancel the race....At least I hope not.....sorry

Oh well is right. I refuse to hold my breath for August. No more! LMAO. I think it best to just let life go on with out trying to force it down a path I am NOT meant to take. Must be a reason. It certainly isn't for lack of trying!
<<

gkbacb

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:51 pm

things will work out for you "mlww", its just when your about to give up, and least expect it, that's when you'll get to meet him and get an autograph, sometimes the harder we try to do something, the farther away it gets. i like to think of it as the Charlie Chaplin syndrome, you know you trying to pick up your hat, and you just keep kicking it farther away. Just stay positive and before you know it BAAM, you'll get what you want.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:13 pm

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:
Annalee wrote:I can't believe it, how could this happen? :cry: Oh well, next stop MIS they won't cancel the race....At least I hope not.....sorry

Oh well is right. I refuse to hold my breath for August. No more! LMAO. I think it best to just let life go on with out trying to force it down a path I am NOT meant to take. Must be a reason. It certainly isn't for lack of trying!

We can still dress you up with a sign!! :lol: I call this Murphy's Law.....

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:14 pm

Annalee wrote:
MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:

We can still dress you up with a sign!! :lol: I call this Murphy's Law.....

NO WAY LADY! LOL :ugeek:
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:18 pm

gkbacb wrote:things will work out for you "mlww", its just when your about to give up, and least expect it, that's when you'll get to meet him and get an autograph, sometimes the harder we try to do something, the farther away it gets. i like to think of it as the Charlie Chaplin syndrome, you know you trying to pick up your hat, and you just keep kicking it farther away. Just stay positive and before you know it BAAM, you'll get what you want.

I think you nailed it on the head because that is EXACTLY what is happening. The harder I try, the farther away it gets! So now AnnaLee has the "Tony Effect" and you have the "Charlie Chaplin Syndrome". Wonder what type of meds we can come up with to remedy these ailments? Might be fun to try! :twisted:

With that being said, TSR did leave me a voicemail this afternoon apologizing for cancelling due to poor attendance. (Wow) We get a complimentary gift bag Friday at Eldora and a reminder (like someone else on here reminded me) that they open the pits up after the race. I thought that was nice of them to do. At least they didn't just cancel and bail on us. I'm still going because they did confirm Tony is racing that night and I already bought tickets... so, ROAD TRIP on Friday. My friend and I are just going to take our time going down and find some antique shops. It's not a busted trip!
Previous

Return to Tony