FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The Dinger Is Suspended

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: The Dinger Is Suspended

Smokeshow14 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:When nothing else changes yes it can be in some circumstances. There are more issues than just the CC.

The way the media was spinning it (I know you love to say that) it sounded like AJ should have been able to break out and perform close to Kurt's level. So I would say that AJ has actually been making Kurt look good.

AJ is a guy who did not lead a lap in a season once. That is pretty bad.

And I disagree about there not being better free agents last season. Brian Vickers, David Reutimann and David Ragan were all available. But open wheelers stick together. And Vickers cost himself rides when he was being an idiot last year.

yeah, the good ol' media! I like calling them "the so called experts" LOL
Lets look at your list here.
I think you seen the best Ragan has when he was in the 6 car. Think Penske would want better.
Rooty I think his age is fighting him here. Another servicable Driver but older.
Vickers I would agree is the better driver listed here, but like you said at the end of last season he had turned off a lot of owners with his late season stuff that was going on.
Dinger is a servicable driver that had potential (remember the media pushing that too). Penske signed him to a one year contract as there wasnt a lot of time when the suddeness that Kurt situation took place.
I think Penske made the right move. None of us would have thought Dinger would have a drug issue the next season.

You may be right about Ragan. But what about Reutimann. He didn't get the ride because he is old IMO. Ragan did have a meeting with Penske and he even thought he was getting the ride.

I think it boiled down to the media pushing that AJ has potential, not being alot of time, and AJ being an open wheeler that got him the ride. And since then AJ has done his dammest to make Roger regret it.

And the media knows all!

if you have a servicable guy that is old, or a servicable guy that has potential, in any sport they would go with the latter.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:03 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:if you have a servicable guy that is old, or a servicable guy that has potential, in any sport they would go with the latter.

I think Reutimann could have been more than a servicable driver. He was the driver that got MWR up and running.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:if you have a servicable guy that is old, or a servicable guy that has potential, in any sport they would go with the latter.

I think Reutimann could have been more than a servicable driver. He was the driver that got MWR up and running.

I agree, & mikey screwed him over. Now he is on the downside of his career & still only a servicable driver. He may never get a top ride again. maybe he can drive for Finch once Busch bails on that team.
Once Mikey got the team going in the right direction, the better drivers started coming over to MWR & Mikey basically (IMO) put Rooty's career out to pasture.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:

I agree, & mikey screwed him over. Now he is on the downside of his career & still only a servicable driver. He may never get a top ride again. maybe he can drive for Finch once Busch bails on that team.
Once Mikey got the team going in the right direction, the better drivers started coming over to MWR & Mikey basically (IMO) put Rooty's career out to pasture.

I agree. That was a low ball to fire Reutimann with only three races to go. It is a shame that he didn't get to reap the the rewards of all his hard work that he put into MWR back when Mikey and Dale Jarrett were missing races and he was qualifying in every time.

That made me like Mikey a little less. And Mark Martin too.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:18 pm

still not impressed with the 56, as usual he is doing his free fall in the points and maybe once a year contends for a race
I miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:41 pm

I'm not impressed with any of them,they all bore the #### out of me! :lol:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

tonycrazy

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:32 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:OVER????? How can you say that so soon?? We don't even know what went down or even what "substance" it was that showed positive. We REALLY need to give AJ the benefit of the doubt before he's tossed under the hauler here. C'mon man, don't judge so harshly so soon. 8-)

Ya what he said

tc

Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing