FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HAPPY 4TH TO ALL RACECAR FANS!

<<

chevy39fan

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:37 am

HAPPY 4TH TO ALL RACECAR FANS!

My chosen profession has me working today. Not a big deal. :D

Don't want to get preachy but feel like saying. Not really concerned if you agree with me or not. As we celebrate our Independence I see that we have become a nation of Dependents through our countless social programs. Not mentioning who's fault that is. Both sides of the isle have encouraged this sort of behavior. Is it our learning institutions? Just one mans observation. Not sure how the modern day American feels they are "owed" anything from the hard working tax payer? Many past Presidents like the Kennedy's have coined the phrase:"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country!" Need I say more.......... :?

Please be productive in your life time. Our country has enough "moochers" from all over this world including our very own born and raised in the USA! It sickens me but I won't loose any sleep from it. This is NOT the America so many have died for. It just seems so many hate this great country. :? I can remember when we had prayer and said the pledge of allegiance every school morning. But as with everything. If it offends someone, it is removed.......ridiculous! :roll:

Hey, you can believe in gravel and chicken wire for all I care. That's your right! Please find a way to love America again. Our forefathers and countless deceased/current military are depending on it! :)
Attachments
3010067161.jpeg
LIBERTY!
3010067161.jpeg (85.09 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Last edited by chevy39fan on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:06 am

Re: HAPPY 4TH TO ALL RACECAR FANS!

I have always felt and still do feel that we are owed nothing. We do owe our children as we brought them into this world. If we do our job right and educate our children to be independant them we have fulfilled that part we were meant to finish. The rest is up to each one to find their way on their own. If we need help we can ask for it but it isn't assumed that we can leave our destiny up to someone else. Take advantage of what is put before you and enjoy each step you take. As the saying goes "It isn't the end we look forward to it's what comes along the way". This is probably one of the most interesting Holidays we have. It isn't the fireworks we thank it's those who came before us and sacrificed for the future of this country. I hope we don't let the ancestors down.

A thank you to ALL who have ever served in the military and to those who are active military for taking a part of their lives to give us the freedom we enjoy. We will never beable to thank them enough.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

chevy39fan

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:34 am

ndunn wrote:I have always felt and still do feel that we are owed nothing. We do owe our children as we brought them into this world. If we do our job right and educate our children to be independent then we have fulfilled that part we were meant to finish. The rest is up to each one to find their way on their own. If we need help we can ask for it but it isn't assumed that we can leave our destiny up to someone else. Take advantage of what is put before you and enjoy each step you take. As the saying goes "It isn't the end we look forward to it's what comes along the way". This is probably one of the most interesting Holidays we have. It isn't the fireworks we thank it's those who came before us and sacrificed for the future of this country. I hope we don't let the ancestors down.

A thank you to ALL who have ever served in the military and to those who are active military for taking a part of their lives to give us the freedom we enjoy. We will never be able to thank them enough.
Well said ndunn! I have found my equal in intelligent commentary! :D

I served as an American Army soldier many years ago. I full well know we can't ever do enough for our armed forces men/woman!
<<

jsw14

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:02 pm

AMEN to that........Image

I also served in the Army (69-70) 538th Corps of Engineer's. But the real massage is, "Being INdependent"
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

chevy39fan

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:07 pm

jsw14 wrote:AMEN to that........Image

I also served in the Army (69-70) 538th Corps of Engineer's. But the real massage is, "Being INdependent"
Thank you for your service JSW14!

I concur on the Independent........
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:37 pm

Happy 4th Of July!

Hubby was just in the National Guard 6 years around 20 yrs ago
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:55 pm

The world would be such a better place if there were more people who thought like you all! I don't know how in such a short time we got into this mess, my biggest fear is not being able to get ourselves out. Not so much for myself, but generations to come. I have lead a very sheltered life,born into the military and married military, I lived all but a few years on a military base. I was secure in the knowledge I lived in the greatest country in the world, with people who would put their lives on the line in a moments notice, to protect and defend the country I loved so much.

The thing I miss most about living in the civilian world, is that every evening at 5:00pm they lowered the flag, played the National Anthem, followed by Taps. Everything came to a complete standstill, you faced the flag pole, put your hand over your heart and respected the flag, our country, and the men and women who fought and died for her. Everyone did this, not because they had to but because they wanted to. We don't have that any more and that is what scares me the most.
To day celebrate the flag, the people who died for her and our beloved country! Say a prayer for the country we loved, that we will wake up and return to what we knew and loved. United we stand, divided we fall.
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

chevy39fan

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Smoke14Wins wrote:Happy 4th Of July!

Hubby was just in the National Guard 6 years around 20 yrs ago
Tell your hubby I thank him for his service! :D
<<

chevy39fan

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:47 pm

Annalee wrote:The world would be such a better place if there were more people who thought like you all! I don't know how in such a short time we got into this mess, my biggest fear is not being able to get ourselves out. Not so much for myself, but generations to come. I have lead a very sheltered life,born into the military and married military, I lived all but a few years on a military base. I was secure in the knowledge I lived in the greatest country in the world, with people who would put their lives on the line in a moments notice, to protect and defend the country I loved so much.

The thing I miss most about living in the civilian world, is that every evening at 5:00pm they lowered the flag, played the National Anthem, followed by Taps. Everything came to a complete standstill, you faced the flag pole, put your hand over your heart and respected the flag, our country, and the men and women who fought and died for her. Everyone did this, not because they had to but because they wanted to. We don't have that any more and that is what scares me the most.
To day celebrate the flag, the people who died for her and our beloved country! Say a prayer for the country we loved, that we will wake up and return to what we knew and loved. United we stand, divided we fall.
Well said/written Annalee! :D

I remember being at Fort Benning, Georgia when it was 5:00PM. The entire base came to a stand still. I felt so much pride and important as a soldier. Many will never experience that in their life time unless they have served. :D
<<

im4tony

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:04 pm

right now after reading all your posts I am proud to know all of you in this post. Thank God there are younger people than myself who feel the way I do. Let's rear a generation to fend for themselves and take responsibility for their actions.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:29 am

USA!
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:18 am

Hope everyone had a great & SAFE 4th of July :!: :D :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:52 am

This was my favorite thread ever started on SHR. People wrote their true feelings and let people know they can and will stand up and be counted. If we can't then it's a sad state of affairs. It takes each and everyone of us to follow through so that the next generations will have something to love and take care of. There is something I am ashamed of and that is what we did to those who served in VietNam. My brother served two tours and I don't remember having any peace until he came home. Just to think Americans didn't appreciate the fact he spent 4 years of his life in the Air Force and part of it in a war zone just what were they thinking. He didn't start the war he helped to finish it. Thank goodness we have people who know what the 4th of July means. It is not who can set off the loudest pyrotechnics it's those who care about this country.

I had to be away from the computer before I could finish my thoughts. I want to thank all the military for the time they spent for this country. It doesn't matter where your duty was or what your job was it's the fact you spent your precious time for others. Everyone who served will never be paid back for the time they spent or ther wounds they suffered or the friends and family they lost. We can be there for support any way we can and it will be appreciated.

Annalee I just reread this thread and I want to thank you for the fact you told us what happens on a military base at 5 PM. I had never heard of the practice as I never knew anyone who had lived on a miltary base. It sounds like something we should all do once a day ourselves. Just stop and refleck on what we have to appreciate.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

chevy39fan

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:28 pm

im4tony wrote:right now after reading all your posts I am proud to know all of you in this post. Thank God there are younger people than myself who feel the way I do. Let's rear a generation to fend for themselves and take responsibility for their actions.
I guess maybe it is a generation gap that these attitudes of "I am owed" may have come from sadly? :?

I never saw anything wrong with prayer in school or saying the pledge of allegiance. If you ask me, "political correctness" is bull @#$%! That's just a fancy word for censoring. It was all brought about by lawyers and whinny people.

My father always said,"If you get something for free....someone else had to pay for it!" NOTHING IS FREE EVER!

Sorry, I'm getting to political on here. :D
<<

chevy39fan

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:45 pm

ndunn wrote:This was my favorite thread ever started on SHR. People wrote their true feelings and let people know they can and will stand up and be counted. If we can't then it's a sad state of affairs. It takes each and everyone of us to follow through so that the next generations will have something to love and take care of. There is something I am ashamed of and that is what we did to those who served in Vietnam. My brother served two tours and I don't remember having any peace until he came home. Just to think Americans didn't appreciate the fact he spent 4 years of his life in the Air Force and part of it in a war zone just what were they thinking. He didn't start the war he helped to finish it. Thank goodness we have people who know what the 4th of July means. It is not who can set off the loudest pyrotechnics it's those who care about this country.

I had to be away from the computer before I could finish my thoughts. I want to thank all the military for the time they spent for this country. It doesn't matter where your duty was or what your job was it's the fact you spent your precious time for others. Everyone who served will never be paid back for the time they spent or their wounds they suffered or the friends and family they lost. We can be there for support any way we can and it will be appreciated.

Annalee I just reread this thread and I want to thank you for the fact you told us what happens on a military base at 5 PM. I had never heard of the practice as I never knew anyone who had lived on a military base. It sounds like something we should all do once a day ourselves. Just stop and reflect on what we have to appreciate.
I'm not afraid to admit how emotional I at times become myself ndunn. It's only because I do care. I have worn a soldiers uniform and was willing to lay down my life for my family back home. Thankfully, I never was sent into combat. I was very lucky! ;)

I don't mean to sound so dramatic because this is such an emotional topic for many. Life goes way beyond a Nascar race. Nascar is entertainment.

Ryan understands how important his sponsorship is with the U.S. Army. It's not just the race or money. It's knowing that he represents a sort of brotherhood that is currently in combat. People are dieing. It's very serious and emotional.

Thank you for not being afraid in showing your true feelings. We all can respect that! :D
Next

Return to The Lobby