FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WHAT HAPPENED

<<

39_newman

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:41 pm

WHAT HAPPENED

What was the outcome of Dillon's "too low car"...I never heard.
No sky too high...
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: WHAT HAPPENED

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR has penalized the No. 3 team in the Nationwide Series as a result of rule infractions discovered during post-race inspection last Friday at Kentucky Speedway.

The No. 3 car was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4J (any determination by NASCAR officials that race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20A-12.8.1C (body height requirements -- car failed to meet the minimum rear car heights) of the 2012 NASCAR rule book.

As a result, crew chief Danny Stockman Jr. has been fined $10,000, while owner Morgan Shepherd and driver Austin Dillon have been penalized with the loss of six championship owner and six championship driver points, respectively. In addition, Stockman and car chief Robert Strmiska continue to remain on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.

Not too much of a penalty but it did take the points lead from him
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

39_newman

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:12 am

Thanks for the update Rochelle.

You know...nothing against Dillon, but maybe if they would start taking away ALL the points received for the race involved that would make people be a little more consciencious.

I mean that for all teams.

They'd still get to keep the money, trophy and all but the points would really hurt.
No sky too high...
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:59 pm

I think they should give them the points they would have earned if they placed them behind the last car on the lead lap, and only receive the payout for that position.

I hate to say it but I'm already tired of the Dillon hype. :roll:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to NASCAR & Racing