FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

6 spectators injured at New Paris Speedway......

<<

herbie14

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:03 pm

6 spectators injured at New Paris Speedway......

NEW PARIS, Ind. -- A stock car struck a wall during a race at a northern Indiana track, injuring six spectators.

WSBT-TV reported the accident happened just before midnight Saturday at the New Paris Speedway, about 25 miles southeast of South Bend.

New Paris Emergency Medical Services Chief Rick Rolston told the South Bend station that debris from the crash flew into the stands, injuring six people.

The injured were taken to Indiana University Health Goshen Hospital. Officials said none of the injuries appeared to be life-threatening.

Investigators at the Elkhart County Sheriff's Department and officials at the track didn't return phone calls seeking comment Sunday.
" I've got a cooler full of Schlitz and I'm not gonna stop drinkin till I get to the bottom." - Tony Stewart

Herbie
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: 6 spectators injured at New Paris Speedway......

Wow, that's awful. I hope everyone's ok
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:24 pm

well its good to hear the injures arent life threatening..
I miss you Frehley........
<<

39_newman

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:39 pm

I read that in the paper.

Been there many times. Surprised somethinglike that hasn't happened before. That's a very old track.

I know I went there for the first time about 57 years ago when the Hamphire's owned it. They still might.
No sky too high...
<<

herbie14

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:15 pm

39_newman wrote:I read that in the paper.

Been there many times. Surprised somethinglike that hasn't happened before. That's a very old track.

I know I went there for the first time about 57 years ago when the Hamphire's owned it. They still might.

My brother Donnie lived in New Paris for a few years before moving to Middlebury. He went to that track all the time. I never made it there myself....yet.
" I've got a cooler full of Schlitz and I'm not gonna stop drinkin till I get to the bottom." - Tony Stewart

Herbie
<<

39_newman

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:19 am

Hmmm, looks like I spelled Hampshire wrong...lol.

The first time I went there my Dad was part of a racing partnership. He built the engines and his good friend drove. The made all the local tracks. New Paris, Mottville, Warsaw, Plymouth and occasionally South Bend.

I've been in Elkhart County all my life except for two years working in AZ and four years in the Army.

I work in Middlebury.
No sky too high...

Return to NASCAR & Racing