Skip to content

CHASE BRISCOE – 2018 Bristol I Race Advance

Event:               Fitzgerald Glider Kits 300 (Round 7 of 33)
Date:                 April 14, 2018
Layout:            .533-mile oval

Chase Briscoe Notes of Interest

• Chase Briscoe will make his debut in the No. 98 Stewart-Haas Racing with Biagi-DenBeste (SHR) Ford Performance Mustang Saturday afternoon at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway.
  • As a member of the Ford Performance Driver Development Program, Briscoe also will race the SHR Mustang April 28 at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway, May 26 at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway’s 1.5-mile oval, Sept. 29 on Charlotte’s roval and Oct. 20 at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City. Briscoe has an additional 12 Xfinity Series races with Roush Fenway Racing in 2018, as well as several sportscar races.
  • Briscoe will be joined in the Bristol field by SHR teammate Cole Custerin the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang.
  • The 98 Ford makes its fourth appearance of2018at Bristol. Aric Almirola finished 35thFeb. 17 at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway, Kevin Harvick won Feb. 24 at Atlanta Motor Speedway and last weekend finished 19that Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth.
  • Briscoe has made two starts in Xfinity competition. He finished 15thon Feb. 24 at Atlanta and 11thlast weekend at Texas.
  • Briscoe started 15thand finished 12thin his lone Bristol race in the Camping World Truck Series on Aug. 16, 2017.
  • In 2017 Truck Series competition, Briscoe earned four poles and won the season-ending Ford EcoBoost 200 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Briscoe’s 10 top-five finishes and 14 top-10s enabled him to make the playoffs, where he finished sixth in points and scored the series’ rookie of the year and most popular driver awards.
  • Briscoe won six races and the 2016 ARCA Racing Series championship.
  • The 23-year-old Mitchell, Indiana nativeis a third-generation driver. His grandfather Richard Briscoe is a legendary Sprint car team owner, and his father Kevin Briscoe raced Sprint cars for more than 20 years and won more than 150 feature events.
  • Briscoe’s first time behind the wheel of a racecar came in 2001 in a Quarter Midget. In 37 starts driving 410 Sprint cars, Briscoe racked up eight top-fives and 17 top-10s, including a win in the last race of the season, where he broke Jeff Gordon’s record as being the youngest driver (13) to win a 410 Sprint car race.
  • For the third year, a chemical compound called VHT has been added to the inside portion of the Bristol track surface to enhance the lower racing groove.

Chase Briscoe Quotes:

What are your thoughts on Bristol?

“I’m excited for Bristol, just because it’s a short track and you can really move around and race. It’s one of the places that gives you options where you can run the bottom or go to the fence. You can just race. I’m obviously excited about that and to get a chance to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing. Growing up in Indiana, growing up racing Sprint cars, Tony (Stewart) was my idol. So, to be able to say I am driving for Tony Stewart is pretty unbelievable and I’m excited to make it all happen.”

Does your experience at half-mile tracks like Winchester (Ind.) Motor Speedway and Salem (Ind.) Speedway help you at Bristol?

“They are a little similar to Bristol and, without the grip stuff they put down at Bristol, they would all be really similar. But, the grip stuff they put down really changes everything. There are probably no tracks that compare to Bristol as well as Winchester and Salem. I have always run well at those two tracks, so hopefully that will correlate to running well at Bristol.”