FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weather.............

<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Re: Weather.............

At this point, the year is half over and part of my wonders if the Mayans did in fact have it right with the whole 2012 end of the world thing. The weather this year has just been incredible....
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:43 pm

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:At this point, the year is half over and part of my wonders if the Mayans did in fact have it right with the whole 2012 end of the world thing. The weather this year has just been incredible....

MyLadyWhiteWolf: This weather is incredibley hot and humid in my end of town. Our lawns are gone and the gardens are choaking for the lack of water. I think the Mayans knew exactly what they were talking about. Hope you are taking it easy..........
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Our news tonight has increased the toll to 29 dead here in NC. It looks like a war zone. My good friends live behind the Air Force academy and don't know what they will come home to if anything at all. Count your blessings. Right now snow would look really good and I promise not to complain next winter when it's cold.
I am glad everyone here is okay, but you are right this world is crazy and the weather the same.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:28 am

Annalee wrote:Our news tonight has increased the toll to 29 dead here in NC. It looks like a war zone. My good friends live behind the Air Force academy and don't know what they will come home to if anything at all. Count your blessings. Right now snow would look really good and I promise not to complain next winter when it's cold.
I am glad everyone here is okay, but you are right this world is crazy and the weather the same.

We'll hold you to that!! ;) :lol: :lol:

Glad you are OK. Stay safe! :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

duffygoofy

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:46 am

Glad your safe Annalee!!
ImageImage
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:09 am

Annalee...you know of all people...I will hold you to that. I am bookmarking this page and post number just so you never ever forget. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Are you beginning to regret those words yet :?:
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:09 pm

I promise !!!

You know when it is cold you can always put on more clothes and move around or go to bed with a good book but trying to stay cool you can only take off so much.... :lol: :lol: And ice melts!! Clearing limbs and wind " Debris" (there is that word) in sweltering heat not fun... We just hired a professional tree trimer, hauler, and all around clean up crew.....money well spent!! Yeah!!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

kim92164

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:58 pm

We've had no electric since last Friday and may not get it until Saturday. I did have to get a little sassy yesterday with the mayor of the small town I work in when I heard him whining about his milk being spoiled because his electric had been off for 2 days. (Normally I don't talk back) But I'm thankful for the electric crews who are working 16 hour days in this 100+ heat. From reading some of ya'll's writings I see that even my loosing all my food in my fridge is minimal to what others are going thru. Ya'll are in my prayers.
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Yup, try doing this when it is anywhere between 10* above to 10* below zero and just are recovering from an icestorm. You don't get electricity back for two weeks, three weeks, or even a month. Which would you rather survive with excessive heat or below zero temps. There were millions without power when we had our icestorm back in '98. Say nothing for telephone, cable, utility poles, tree work, ect... that needed to be done as well. You can't fix one without fixing the other in some cases.
Image Image

<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:26 pm

ndunn wrote:
MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:At this point, the year is half over and part of my wonders if the Mayans did in fact have it right with the whole 2012 end of the world thing. The weather this year has just been incredible....

MyLadyWhiteWolf: This weather is incredibley hot and humid in my end of town. Our lawns are gone and the gardens are choaking for the lack of water. I think the Mayans knew exactly what they were talking about. Hope you are taking it easy..........

Isn't it awful? I ran to Grand Ledge this afternoon and when I started my car up the temperature (thermometer) thing said 100. I figured once I started moving it would go down, but it actually WENT UP to 103. WTH?? It's Michigan for cripes sakes!! I sure hope it rains pretty quick. Sitting on the grass at the fireworks tonight was like sitting on pine needles because it's dead, brown and beyond dry. Stay cool and don't go out unless you have to! 8-)
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:28 pm

Annalee wrote:Our news tonight has increased the toll to 29 dead here in NC. It looks like a war zone. My good friends live behind the Air Force academy and don't know what they will come home to if anything at all. Count your blessings. Right now snow would look really good and I promise not to complain next winter when it's cold.

Wow, I certainly am glad we're not getting the storms like you guys are, the heat is enough. It's a helpless feeling when so many are suffering and there is nothing we can do. I just hope this 'hot spell' moves on out pretty dang quick or I'm going to be heading to Florida just to get cool.
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:17 am

We had some long lasting thunderstorms with some lightening strikes. We had decided to move up some of our fireworks display...actually the whole thing got bumped up by more than two hours.

I swear that mother nature was not impressed that we were trying to out do her. We managed to finish up at just the right time. We went from battling rain, thunder, lightening, to also battling really strong winds and down pours of rain. It was coming down so hard, you could no longer see from the porch to the firepit, where were setting off the fireworks.
Image Image

Previous

Return to The Lobby