FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Gibbs Toyota's........

<<

Annalee

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Gibbs Toyota's........

I don't know what has happened to the Toyota's at JGR. Tonight, both Nationwide Gibbs cars are out of the race, because of parts failure. Now Kurt is about to fall apart. Cup cars aren't much better. Kyle had 3 DNF's, Denny had 2 and Joey just wrecks them and anyone else he can find on the track. There doesn't seem to be any common problem, all are different. They need to get there act together cause they are dropping like rocks in the points system.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Gibbs Toyota's........

I was sure thinking the same thing. I thought TRD had given them some sort of assurance that engines were ok.

I hate this for Kyle....tonight and tomorrow night. How can you start a race knowing you more than likely will not finish it because of faulty equipment.

Still gonna wear my M&M's earrings tomorrow night and bring the 18 some luck
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:05 pm

I know! I have taken both Kyle and Denny off my picks tonight!! I want to put Kyle back on but ....You think your earrings will help? Have they worked before? I have changed my picks 5 times, this will be 6. Even went with for Kurt for awhile :roll: I just don't know?!?

I #Support Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Well I've only had the earrings for about a month but to be quite honest so far they suck!!

I had picked kyle to win tomorrow night but I'm rethinking as well. Gonna go with my main man Smoke---got to.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:27 pm

more bad news for you Kyle fans.
He is on my money team so now you must beware of the Schmoopy Curse!!!
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:06 am

Thanks Schmoopy, I took Kyle off and went with Tony, too! I have never seen so much in equipment failure for one team and it doesn't seem to get better and it isn't always the same part. That is what is so puzzling and the fact that MWR with the same engine, winning races. This doesn't add up. :roll: :?:

I #Support Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:56 am

The Schmoopy curse will not get me tonight. I don't trust the Gibbs engines. Kyle, I wish you well my friend but as they say....I'm with Smoke
Bob Marley
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:18 pm

From what I heard, TRD not only assured JGR, but their sponsors. JGR needs to go back to using their own engines. It doesn't matter that the failures were due to different parts, it's the same end result. They're obviously trying things but they need more testing before using those engines in races. I'm sorry, but Kyle's 3 failures in a row is just not acceptable. I have to give him a ton of credit though. If I were him I'd have been going off in the interviews he's done after those engine failures. He's kept his cool though so kudos to him.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:30 pm

I THINK ..... TOYOTA SPEAKS WITH A FORKED TONGUE!!

I #Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:59 pm

Rochelle wrote:From what I heard, TRD not only assured JGR, but their sponsors. JGR needs to go back to using their own engines. It doesn't matter that the failures were due to different parts, it's the same end result. They're obviously trying things but they need more testing before using those engines in races. I'm sorry, but Kyle's 3 failures in a row is just not acceptable. I have to give him a ton of credit though. If I were him I'd have been going off in the interviews he's done after those engine failures. He's kept his cool though so kudos to him.

well Kyles last problem, if he went off, he would have had to go off on his teammate (Logano) for taking out the rest of JGR. So it was probably best he just screamed at his crew & not to the reporters. Although I would have loved to see Kyle throw Joey under the bus.
ImageImageImage

Return to NASCAR & Racing