FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica finished 12th

<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Danica finished 12th

Two laps down. But Austin Dillon put all but seven other cars a lap down. Solid race and finish overall.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

onerockindoc

User avatar

Posts: 2534

Images: 1
10544

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Location: Houston, Texas

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:58 am

Re: Danica finished 12th

Yeah, but I'll bet the rest of the field, especially Kurt is wondering what might have been had the 3 car had met all templates and specifications.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4537

8305

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:26 pm

Re: Danica finished 12th

I always wonder, where the racing level is that stops taking wins away for rule breaking.
At all lower levels I have been around, you lose the win if you fail post race inspections. Even in the travelling series, they lose the wins & forfeit the points. Yet in nascar you keep the win & you just take a most likely 25 pt penalty. (after earning 48, well in cup points anyway)
So I wonder where the line in the level of racing is where it goes from points & win removal, to a slap on the wrist & here's your trophy.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: Danica finished 12th

Just because Austin failed inspection should not take away from the great race he had. It will but it shouldn't. I think most know that the kid can drive and very well at that. He deserved the win in my book.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8952

Images: 0
10183

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:39 pm

Re: Danica finished 12th

Smokeshow14 wrote:Just because Austin failed inspection should not take away from the great race he had. It will but it shouldn't. I think most know that the kid can drive and very well at that. He deserved the win in my book.

interesting quote, im sure if it was the 48, people would be screaming to high heaven to have the win and points taken away, personally i dont care, nascar is inconsistent with their rulings, they do need to step up and change some of their rules around....
I miss you Frehley........
<<

onerockindoc

User avatar

Posts: 2534

Images: 1
10544

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Location: Houston, Texas

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Danica finished 12th

I don't think anyone is going to take anything away from his ability. But it does indeed affect the way I think about the organization no doubt.

If NASCAR is going to penalize and not take away the win make the penalty substantial and meaningful....send a message and discourage the cheating plain and simple.

Austin Dillon wins....but with an asterisk in my book
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8952

Images: 0
10183

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: Danica finished 12th

onerockindoc wrote:I don't think anyone is going to take anything away from his ability. But it does indeed affect the way I think about the organization no doubt.

If NASCAR is going to penalize and not take away the win make the penalty substantial and meaningful....send a message and discourage the cheating plain and simple.

Austin Dillon wins....but with an asterisk in my book


i know this has nothin to do with nothing, but outside of the JJ diecast that might be sitting, i do keep my austin dillion truck and brad k 2011 miller dodge, so that says alot coming from me
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4537

8305

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Re: Danica finished 12th

the question I raise has nothing to do with any particular driver, but racing in general.
I dont think what was wrong with the car affected the outcome, just like in the lower series. Often times an infraction was an accident or from the racing itself, also wouldnt have changed the winner.
My question is simple.
At what level of racing, does the concept of taking wins & points away change.
(I have never reached that level)
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Re: Danica finished 12th

michaeljohn wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:Just because Austin failed inspection should not take away from the great race he had. It will but it shouldn't. I think most know that the kid can drive and very well at that. He deserved the win in my book.

interesting quote, im sure if it was the 48, people would be screaming to high heaven to have the win and points taken away, personally i dont care, nascar is inconsistent with their rulings, they do need to step up and change some of their rules around....

The 48 has a past. But all the RCTR nw races did fail pre qualifying inspection this year too. I just think whoecer crosses the start finish line wins no matter what.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Re: Danica finished 12th

onerockindoc wrote:I don't think anyone is going to take anything away from his ability. But it does indeed affect the way I think about the organization no doubt.

If NASCAR is going to penalize and not take away the win make the penalty substantial and meaningful....send a message and discourage the cheating plain and simple.

Austin Dillon wins....but with an asterisk in my book

How do we know that something didn't happen to the car during the race? Do we even know that it gave them an advantage? What if it actuallt hurt him? Your boy Kyle had a similar issue post race once. Got a tiny pe alty too.

A win is a win.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:11 pm

Re: Danica finished 12th

Schmoopy1000 wrote:the question I raise has nothing to do with any particular driver, but racing in general.
I dont think what was wrong with the car affected the outcome, just like in the lower series. Often times an infraction was an accident or from the racing itself, also wouldnt have changed the winner.
My question is simple.
At what level of racing, does the concept of taking wins & points away change.
(I have never reached that level)

Its all about the money.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3234

Images: 3
8280

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Re: Danica finished 12th

michaeljohn wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:Just because Austin failed inspection should not take away from the great race he had. It will but it shouldn't. I think most know that the kid can drive and very well at that. He deserved the win in my book.

interesting quote, im sure if it was the 48, people would be screaming to high heaven to have the win and points taken away, personally i dont care, nascar is inconsistent with their rulings, they do need to step up and change some of their rules around....

Especially since this is the third time this year they've made a so called mistake with the #3 car now at Daytona and it appears grandpa will stop at nothing to make the grandkiddies look good while the Cup teams suffer!
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !

Return to Danica

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER