FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So I always thought

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:45 am

So I always thought

HMS was the Dark side, not JGR?
I feel like I might have missed something when it comes to JGR & Roush.

Roush against HMS is well documented.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:59 am

Re: So I always thought

maybe they call JGR the dark side cuz tony doesnt drive for him no more, so that makes JGR the enemy, just a guess............

HMS is the evil empire!!! they are NY Yankees, Boston Celtics, Pittsburgh Steelers and Montreal Canadians of motorsports, and i love it.........
<<

im4tony

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:07 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:HMS was the Dark side, not JGR?
I feel like I might have missed something when it comes to JGR & Roush.

Roush against HMS is well documented.

That is only because Roush doesn't like Toyota (foreign makers) There is a big article about him on Nascar.com and his reaction to Matt's decision. If I can find it again, will post
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:20 am

The article is on Jayski...... If what Jack is saying about the "dark side" is true, I have always heard that is what Ford would say about Chevrolet.. Having said that, it could mean that Andretti is sticking with Chevrolet like he has on his Indy cars, probably HMS support or Matt could be going to a Chevy team...ie SHR, RCR, ECR if that is what has happened, I think MS is right on 4 teams for SHR in 2013... I also had heard Mr H, really liked Matt , and we all know he can make things happen......JMO :idea: :?:
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:44 pm

Jack hates Toyota. Fords may be his car of choice, but he doesn't have a problem with other makes of American cars. He hates Toyota because it's based in Japan. Personally, I don't have a problem with it. The dealers based in the U.S. employ thousands of Americans both at the dealerships and the manufacturing plants. Seems a bit hypocritical since so many of the American car makes are built in Canada and Mexico.

For him to still personally like Matt but won't wish him well with his new team speaks volumes.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:11 pm

Annalee wrote:The article is on Jayski...... If what Jack is saying about the "dark side" is true, I have always heard that is what Ford would say about Chevrolet.. Having said that, it could mean that Andretti is sticking with Chevrolet like he has on his Indy cars, probably HMS support or Matt could be going to a Chevy team...ie SHR, RCR, ECR if that is what has happened, I think MS is right on 4 teams for SHR in 2013... I also had heard Mr H, really liked Matt , and we all know he can make things happen......JMO :idea: :?:

well if he was talking Chevy, HMS does have the best Chevy engines right now, but already back a ton of cars. ECR does have that open wheel connection with Ganassi. Dont know if that would be good or bad for Andretti.
Gonna be an interesting Silly season.
Still say Matt is going to JGR, with the thought of Andretti as a long long far away second thought.
Dont really see Matt going to any of the others talked about.
Since it is silly season talk, another thought that is way out there is, Matt starts his own team with someone not mentioned yet. (Like an evernham or someone with some ownership exp.)
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:16 pm

Rochelle wrote:Jack hates Toyota. Fords may be his car of choice, but he doesn't have a problem with other makes of American cars. He hates Toyota because it's based in Japan. Personally, I don't have a problem with it. The dealers based in the U.S. employ thousands of Americans both at the dealerships and the manufacturing plants. Seems a bit hypocritical since so many of the American car makes are built in Canada and Mexico.

For him to still personally like Matt but won't wish him well with his new team speaks volumes.

I saw a toyota commercial recently saying it was more of an american vehicle than Ford. Forgot how they pointed it out. American employees or built in the US or whatever, but I just remember thinking wow. the War is on between those two makes.
Toyota didnt say more than all the american cars (Chrysler or GM), but just called out Ford directly.
ImageImageImage

Return to NASCAR & Racing