FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Shrub's Place

<<

Nut

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:39 pm

Shrub's Place

So here is the place to come and gloat or whine about Shub's wins, domination and yes...acting out.. :lol:
Shrub started off great with a win in the trucks at Phoenix...then even better with the DOMINATION of the Nationwide race there!
Now..he goes for the tri-fecta!!! GO SHRUB!!!!!
It Is What It Is...
<<

peanut1439

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: Shrub's Place

Kyle Busch Dominates Truck Race At Phoenix

By Reid Spencer
Sporting News NASCAR Wire Service
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Win the race off pit road. Win the race.

After taking the lead under caution on Lap 44 of Friday night’s Lucas Oil 150 at Phoenix International Raceway, Kyle Busch led the final 107 to post his second win at the 1-mile track and his 25th in the Camping World Truck Series.

Busch beat polesitter Clint Bowyer to the checkered flag by .291 seconds, as Bowyer tightened the margin on the final lap.

Ron Hornaday Jr. was third, followed by Johnny Sauter and Austin Dillon.

As full-time Sprint Cup drivers, Busch and Bowyer aren’t collecting points in the truck series. Consequently, seventh-place finisher Matt Crafton left Phoenix with a one-point lead over Clay Rogers (16th Friday) in the series standings.

“We had a really good truck, but I was scared there at the beginning,” said Busch, who ran second to a dominant Bowyer at Phoenix in November. “I was like, ‘Man, it’s going to come down like last fall — Clint’s going to walk the dog on this one.’

“But (crew chief) Eric (Phillips) made some changes to this thing that really brought it to life.”

Bowyer faulted himself for not being able to overtake Busch on six restarts in the final 50 laps of the race.

“Whichever one of us had clean air, we were about a 10th (of a second) to a 10th and a half better,” Bowyer said. “For me — and I’m not making any excuses; I was screwing up big-time on the restarts — I’m just not used to a) not having any power and b) I was hitting the rev what sounded like about 5,000 less rpm than it should have been.

“I was just messing up. It’s the difference between a Corvette and an Impala—maybe a Volt. … That’s that electric car.”

Bowyer dominated the opening green-flag run, leading the first 41 laps before Chase Mattioli blew his right front tire and scattered debris in Turn 3. After pit stops, Busch was first off pit road and held the top spot through four more cautions, the last of which (and fifth of the race) was caused by a wreck off Turn 4 involving defending series champion Todd Bodine, David Starr and Dusty Davis.

Busch led the field to a restart on Lap 120, having held the point for 76 consecutive laps. Timothy Peters’ spin in Turn 2 on Lap 123 slowed the race for the sixth time.

In the late going, the trucks had difficulty running more than three laps without a caution. Brendan Gaughan spun and backed into the wall in Turn 2 on Lap 128 to bring out the seventh yellow flag.
Last edited by peanut1439 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

peanut1439

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:20 pm

Kyle Busch Leads Every Lap In Phoenix Nationwide Win

By Reid Spencer
Sporting News NASCAR Wire Service
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Kyle Busch held off a frenetic challenge from Carl Edwards in the closing laps of Saturday’s Bashas’ Supermarkets 200 at Phoenix International Raceway and collected his 44th NASCAR Nationwide Series victory.

Having won Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at the 1-mile track, Busch will try for a weekend sweep Sunday in the Subway Fresh Fit 500 Sprint Cup event.

Busch became the only driver to sweep races in NASCAR’s top three series at the same track on the same weekend when he accomplished the feat last August at Bristol.

Edwards, who finished .514 seconds behind Busch, made a contest of the race over the final 20 laps, running side by side with Busch for extended stretches as the race neared its end.

Busch became the first driver to lead every lap of an event in one of NASCAR’s top three series since Dale Earnhardt Jr. accomplished the feat July 4, 2003, in a NASCAR Nationwide series race at Daytona.

Danica Patrick finished 17th, three laps down, and posted her third straight top-20 result in the series.

As Busch continued his domination in the desert, the fortunes of 2010 series champion Brad Keselowski continued to ebb. On Lap 105, Keselowski blew a right front tire and clobbered the Turn 4 wall to bring out only the second caution of the race.

Keselowski, who had finished 102 consecutive Nationwide races before falling out of last week’s Drive4COPD 300 at Daytona, suffered his second straight DNF.

“All I know is that we blew up a right front tire, and I ended up throwing the car into the Turn 4 wall,” Keselowski said.

Goodyear provided a softer right-side tire for all three series this weekend, one designed to enhance grip. The tire was chosen based on tests conducted at Richmond.

“Our team never saw this tire until we got to the track this weekend,” Keselowski said. “It’s a combination of the new tire and the new (Nationwide) car, and that was the recipe for disaster.”
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:47 pm

You didn't have to invite me Nut....I was already here with you. That orange Combos car looks mighty pretty today
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

xgsteel

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:36 pm

Kyle Busch Leads Every Lap In Phoenix Nationwide Win

Dang - I knew there was a reason I didn't bother to watch!! :idea:
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:51 pm

It's a real struggle for me NOT to post something in here. I'm fighting the temptation. :evil:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Biff

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:54 pm

looks like you caved to temptation
What are you looking at butthead?
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Biff wrote:looks like you caved to temptation

Not really... I didn't post what I was thinking. I showed great restraint. ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

xgsteel

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:28 pm

Ohh go ahead - we'll cover our eyes! :shock:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:03 pm

my observation is not a dig, but until he stops diddling around in the minor leagues he wont win a cup tittle, he is a good talent and anything less in the minors is a waste of time, at best he is driving around 4 or 5 good drivers, so he should win, i find it odd that the media glorifies all the wins he gets in the 3 divisions, but yet when it comes to other drivers, they barely mention all the wins they may have, so to me that 200 win deal is a bogus thing.
i would like to see him stop and concentrate on his cup ride.............
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Sorry nut,but i have to admit,i liked the move Jeff put on Kyle to get the lead and neither driver are my favorites.The other hand,i can appreciate each drivers talents.JJ didn't win again today so it was a good day in Cup.
<<

daniluvs14

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:26 am

i missed the end of the race cause hubs took me for ice cream.. lol

@nut.. thanks for doin this thread for KyBu.. i for one thought that nationwide race was funny.. no matter how hard anyone else tried there was NOBODY that could have beaten him that night.
i was like.... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! lol
IT FEELS LIKE I HAVE BEEN DRIVING IN CIRCLES ALL DAY

TONY...BRISTOL 2009
<<

Nut

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:54 pm

I gotta say, I'm thrilled that Austin's boy,Jeff Gordon, won that race. Even if he put the moves to Shrub to get it..it had been too long for a driver as good as him.
MJ..you are right about Kyle focusing on cup and not the others..but, it is fun watching him in the other series until he brightens up about it.. ;)
It Is What It Is...
<<

peanut1439

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:32 pm

Jeff Gordon beats Kyle Busch at Phoenix to snap 66-race winless streak

Kyle apologizes to Edwards

All in a day’s work for Joe Gibbs Racing’s Kyle Busch, who finished second to Jeff Gordon in the Subway Fresh Fit 500 at Phoenix International Raceway.

Busch is the only driver to sweep three NASCAR events in a single weekend, a feat he accomplished last year at Bristol Motor Speedway. After winning the Nationwide and Camping World Truck series races here at PIR, Busch was primed to turn the trick again in the waning stages of the 312-lap Cup race.

Running second on the final restart on lap 290, Busch quickly dispatched leader Tony Stewart. Stewart, who had taken two tires on his final pit stop on lap 283, was then passed by Gordon. It took Gordon 14 laps to run down Busch, which the Hendrick Motorsports driver did by passing him along the inside at the start/finish line on lap 304.

Once Gordon cleared Busch, it was clear who’d be celebrating in victory lane.

“There’s always that one car that’s got to ruin the whole weekend, and it had to be the 24 car,” Busch said, adding, “I think he was on a mission today, that’s for sure, and when Jeff Gordon has a good car and he has the opportunity to beat you, he’s going to beat you.”

Early in the race, on lap 59, Busch sent prerace favorite Carl Edwards to the garage early after veering down into the No. 99 Ford along the backstretch. It wasn’t intentional, he said, but Busch was clearly conciliatory afterward.

“I made a mistake today and I’ve admitted that,” Busch said. “He was mad, for sure, and he was frustrated, definitely.”

That was for certain but Edwards tempered his comments after seeing a replay of the incident.

“I thought at first he was just frustrated and he turned left to get back in line and he didn’t know I was there, but I watched the tape and I think he really did get loose,” Edwards said. “He hit me hard and I was left with nothing. I got rammed to the infield.”

Jeff Burton, who had a good view of the incident, didn’t believe it was premeditated on the part of Busch.

“That wasn’t intentional. He was just really, really loose before all that happened. The back of the car was around and he was trying to get it saved up. To me, I don’t think it was anything intentional at all,” Burton said.

The run-in came a day after Busch and Edwards raced each other hard but clean down the stretch of Saturday’s Nationwide race. Busch wasn’t sure if payback would be be coming in the future from Edwards.

“Hopefully we can get past this and go on,” he said. “I know it’s early in the year and all that stuff, but it doesn’t matter even if was late in the year. It was just a mistake on my part.”

Busch left Phoenix with the lead in the Sprint Cup standings by three points over his brother, Kurt, who finished eighth today.

The runnerup finish for Kyle Busch marked his eighth top-10 in 13 Cup races at PIR.
<<

peanut1439

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:22 am

I watched the show on Style (Fast & Fabulous) last night about Kyle & Sams wedding and it was an awesome hour. I hope it's repeated for you all to see it.
I have a new respect for Kyle & the kind of man he really is. It was personal & very sweet at times. At first I thought Samantha was a little spoiled & bossy , but as the show went on, I realized it was her dream wedding & was perfect for them. VERY GOOD SHOW !!!! It needs to be on Speed so all can see it.
Next

Return to The Lobby