FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:58 am

Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

She qualified fifth and spun out on the first lap. Brad Sweet spun out the same exact time too. She would come back and was running eighth and spun out again. She was on hey way back passing Brad Sweet, got loose and spun out. This time she hit the wall.

Tough day, she was going for it though.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 2875

Images: 3
700

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

Sorry,i just have to ask,going for what?
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4153

945

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:46 pm

Re: Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

you know the funny thing is if she wasnt Danica & some other new driver, everyone (& I do mean everyone) would be saying the driver is in over their head. Doesnt know what they are doing Blah blah blah.
Yet with it Danica, we hear she might win the thing, she is doing great, learning faster than expected blah blah blah.

Perspective is a funny thing!
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:02 am

Re: Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

Schmoopy1000 wrote:you know the funny thing is if she wasnt Danica & some other new driver, everyone (& I do mean everyone) would be saying the driver is in over their head. Doesnt know what they are doing Blah blah blah.
Yet with it Danica, we hear she might win the thing, she is doing great, learning faster than expected blah blah blah.

Perspective is a funny thing!

I don't know about that. Alot of reporters were making fun of her on twitter. Though they stopped when all the Danica fans told them to shut it.
Hey Kurt Busch wrecked by himself twice on Sunday!

Perspective is a funny thing after all!
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:03 am

Re: Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

wolfgang wrote:Sorry,i just have to ask,going for what?

When she hasn't spinning she was at least an eighth place racecar. She isn't settling anymore for decent finishes. She is trying to win.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 2875

Images: 3
700

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Re: Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

Schmoopy1000 wrote:you know the funny thing is if she wasnt Danica & some other new driver, everyone (& I do mean everyone) would be saying the driver is in over their head. Doesnt know what they are doing Blah blah blah.
Yet with it Danica, we hear she might win the thing, she is doing great, learning faster than expected blah blah blah.

Perspective is a funny thing!

Danicas NW team mate doesn't even get an honerable mention who is where in points and what's his name,doesn't he drive the #88 and how old is this kid,#### i guess long as Danica is all that,it doesn't matter.PERSPECTIVE-got it! :mrgreen:
<<

futura64

User avatar

Posts: 530

405

Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:12 am

Location: Central Texas

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:52 am

Re: Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

Please, please enlighten us all WG. Just exactly how is it Danica Patrick is able to control how much or how little media coverage Cole Whit receives?
BudmaninTx
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 2875

Images: 3
700

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

futura64 wrote:Please, please enlighten us all WG. Just exactly how is it Danica Patrick is able to control how much or how little media coverage Cole Whit receives?

Can't go there,you got offended last time i did. :lol: Then again why does the media follow Dale Jr.like they do and why is he the most popular driver with only 19wins in Cup and two NW championships? I'll be the first to admit i like Jr. and always have,but until there is something to talk about i get sick of the media on him too. ;) Danica loves the media attention,Jr.not so much.Since we were talking about NW and Jr.does own the team,i was only pointing out Cole Whit gets little to no attention.
Last edited by wolfgang on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Re: Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

No driver controls what the media does.
The media makes people hate drivers because of over saturation.
That is why Jr and Danica have haters. Makes it easier to hate Jimmie Johnson too. Even Kyle Busch.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:06 am

Re: Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

wolfgang wrote:
futura64 wrote:Please, please enlighten us all WG. Just exactly how is it Danica Patrick is able to control how much or how little media coverage Cole Whit receives?

Can't go there,you got offended last time i did. :lol: Then again why does the media follow Dale Jr.like they do and why is he the most popular driver with only 19wins in Cup and one NW championship? I'll be the first to admit i like Jr. and always have,but until there is something to talk about i get sick of the media on him too. ;) Danica loves the media attention,Jr.not so much.Since we were talking about NW and Jr.does own the team,i was only pointing out Cole Whit gets little to no attention.


For first - Jr. is two time NW champion..

For second - it is simply more fans is more attention, more haters is more attention, more talking about driver is more attention for driver.. Crybabies never understand, when they cry more, media make more attention.. I dislike JJ and Dale jr., but I am not acting like child, because I am not crying about them. For me it is childish and wasting time.. And no, she dislike attention..

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Yet with it Danica, we hear she might win the thing, she is doing great, learning faster than expected blah blah blah.



Seriously it is true, compare her performance with Witt's performance, before Darlington he was much better (except Daytona, Las Vegas and Talladega).. He had much better qualifications and much better races.. Especially at short tracks he was much better.. From Darlington, she beats him in four qualifications (Darlington, Iowa, Charlotte and Dover) and he only one.. Yes he still beats her in races, but now they fight for positon.

I think experiences from Darlington's Cup race help a lot.. Also experiences from Prelude help her.. Yes she spin three times, but firstime she was trying to race with loose car..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4153

945

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

that is an interesting outlook to consider, but two things for me.
One I dont use plate races to judge drivers. Unless you are raking luckiest/unluckiest drivers. so that doesnt hurt your points.
As far as qualifying well. One driver comes to mind. Loy Allen Jr.
Its is about the racing, & I dont doubt she has improved since the start of the season, but that isnt the points being made. Listen to the absurd media & she is awesome! She is not even close to winning a race (barring fuel & rain shortened) Yet even drivers are falling into the man she is awesome. Not that I ever put much stock into Logano's thoughts, & well tony does own one of her cars.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 2875

Images: 3
700

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:26 pm

Re: Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

palino_s wrote:
wolfgang wrote:
futura64 wrote:Please, please enlighten us all WG. Just exactly how is it Danica Patrick is able to control how much or how little media coverage Cole Whit receives?

Can't go there,you got offended last time i did. :lol: Then again why does the media follow Dale Jr.like they do and why is he the most popular driver with only 19wins in Cup and one NW championship? I'll be the first to admit i like Jr. and always have,but until there is something to talk about i get sick of the media on him too. ;) Danica loves the media attention,Jr.not so much.Since we were talking about NW and Jr.does own the team,i was only pointing out Cole Whit gets little to no attention.


For first - Jr. is two time NW champion..

For second - it is simply more fans is more attention, more haters is more attention, more talking about driver is more attention for driver.. Crybabies never understand, when they cry more, media make more attention.. I dislike JJ and Dale jr., but I am not acting like child, because I am not crying about them. For me it is childish and wasting time.. And no, she dislike attention..

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Yet with it Danica, we hear she might win the thing, she is doing great, learning faster than expected blah blah blah.



Seriously it is true, compare her performance with Witt's performance, before Darlington he was much better (except Daytona, Las Vegas and Talladega).. He had much better qualifications and much better races.. Especially at short tracks he was much better.. From Darlington, she beats him in four qualifications (Darlington, Iowa, Charlotte and Dover) and he only one.. Yes he still beats her in races, but now they fight for positon.

I think experiences from Darlington's Cup race help a lot.. Also experiences from Prelude help her.. Yes she spin three times, but firstime she was trying to race with loose car..

So you do pay attention,Jrs.two NW championships,ah ha,you are a closet fan! :lol: :lol: Was going to put 36 wins,but i knew someone would catch that. :lol:Think you dislike JJ cuz he wins alot. ;) Remember,it's not where you qualify,it's where you finish and Danica is getting better,but i don't see her as any rising star.Just my 2 cents.
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

Schmoopy1000 wrote:One I dont use plate races to judge drivers. Unless you are raking luckiest/unluckiest drivers. so that doesnt hurt your points.


WTF? I only wrote Whitt was much better than Danica except Daytona, Las Vegas and Talladega..

Schmoopy1000 wrote:As far as qualifying well. One driver comes to mind. Loy Allen Jr.
Its is about the racing, & I dont doubt she has improved since the start of the season, but that isnt the points being made.


Loy Allen jr.? One driver comes to my mind. Ryan Newman. Great in qualifications, many races was different story.. In IndyCar Danica was average in qualifications.. She is improvement especially at short tracks.. At Phoenix and Richmond Whitt was better and Danica was very bad.. Yes at Iowa and Dover she had bad luck, but both races was 1 second behind him when her tire blown or Hornish made dumb move.. She is improving or Whitt is worser and worser.. Yes she still needs to a lot learn.. Yes Cole is still better..

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Listen to the absurd media & she is awesome! She is not even close to winning a race (barring fuel & rain shortened) Yet even drivers are falling into the man she is awesome.


I am motorsport fan from 1994 (Formula One, IndyCar and NASCAR) and media said thousands and thousands stupid comments and what? Next day media maybe write something stupid about Ryan, another day reporter maybe say about JJ and etc.

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Not that I ever put much stock into Logano's thoughts, & well tony does own one of her cars.


And point is? Smoke and JJ was average drivers in NW.. They didnt deserve ride in Cup, but Gibbs and Hendrick gave them chance.. You never know, you never know..
Last edited by palino_s on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

wolfgang wrote:So you do pay attention,Jrs.two NW championships,ah ha,you are a closet fan! :lol: :lol: Was going to put 36 wins,but i knew someone would catch that. :lol:Think you dislike JJ cuz he wins alot. ;) Remember,it's not where you qualify,it's where you finish and Danica is getting better,but i don't see her as any rising star.Just my 2 cents.


Oh, I know JJ have 5 titles, I am a closest fan! :lol :lol I know Vickers was NW champions, I am a fan Vickers! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I forgot Harvick is twotime NW champion, I am his fan, because I remember it.. :shock: :shock:

I dislike JJ because he wins alot :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Hmmmmmmm, I am Smoke fan, I like Wonder boy and Iceman... Hmmm, why i like this champions? :ugeek: :ugeek: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................................???????????????????????????

Remember, I only wrote she is improve.. She still needs to alot learn.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Johnson and Stewart werent stars :shock: in NW and Jeff Gordon was wrecker :shock: in NW.. Now, all three are champions.. :shock: :shock:
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4153

945

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:58 am

Re: Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

Hey Paulino, I was actually liking your points. the point that whitt did better at the plate tracks doesnt mean squat to me. so whitt being better there didnt hurt your point about Danica vs. Whitt.
Think you took my post as an attack when it wasnt.
Qualifying doesnt mean anything to the actual racing. When Ryan came into the sport qualifying well, he was also winning races.
Loy Allen came in & would get poles but would be garabage right after the green flag flew. So Loy Allen comes to mind when I am pointing out that doesnt mean anything.

I dont agree with everything you think, but atleast you bring substance to a debate. (unlike some)

& yes I think she is improving, but no, I am not impressed as everyone else is with her.

You shouldnt compare how the media is with all other drivers compared to Danica or Dale Jr.

you know that is a 1000% different senario.

Bottom line is I dont think you should use qualifying as a barometer on how she is doing in "racing"

you are more than capable of making certain points without it.
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to Danica

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER