FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Jimmy Spencer on tony's comments

<<

gkbacb

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:07 am

Jimmy Spencer on tony's comments

did anyone watch racehub on tuesday the 19th, man Jimmy spencer was tough on Tony, about what he said regarding Jr's win, i think Tony was right
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Jimmy Spencer on tony's comments

I think that was mostly just kidding, Jimmy Spencer and Tony are really good friends. :)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:18 pm

this week im on the tony bandwagon, i dont think he said nothing wrong, big deal, jr won a race.
<<

lmalley

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:59 pm

I think Tony is sick and tired of the media treating Jr. like he's Elivs! Heck, Jr. doesn't want to be treated like that either. There are 42 other drivers, Tony included, who have provided some darn,
fine, racing since Jr. last won. Anyone remember "5 time" or Homestead last year? Jr. does have
impossible shoes to fill, but that is amplified ridiculously by the media. Anyway, my guess.
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:53 pm

I don't believe in the fact Dale has to fill anyones shoes especially his fathers. It's time he was called by his name Dale also. Actually the kid has never had a life of his own and now it's time for him to insist on it. So he hasn't won a race until Sunday and my guess is he wasn't real happy about it either. But other good and even great racers have had a non-win few years. One is Jeff Burton. There was a time he was talked about a lot. I believe Jeff was on the way to the checkers not long ago when he ran out of gas and Tony won. I guess what we have to do is give a deaf ear to the media when they get carried away on a single subject and just tell ourselves what a "wacky bunch". Or listen to it all and gripe our brains out. Me, I'd rather ignore them.....
Last edited by ndunn on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:01 pm

Dang it MrE, every time I hear you say cajoons my beverage always comes out of my nose.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:51 pm

I had to DVR that one. I saw a previous interview and Tony looked happy for Jr there and said that Jr was so much faster than him that there was nothing that he could do.

I think he was just #### about being asked about Jr. Drivers don't like to be asked about another driver constantly. It might have been a little inappropriate for the time. But I loved it. It was funny. He is right in reality isn't a huge deal. But since it is Jr, it really is a big deal.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Finally got to watch it last night and my favorite line from Spencer was what if Danica ever wins in regards to Tonys' sarcasim towards Jrs.win. :o Tony and Jr.are friends and i believe Tony was more frustrated running second than he cared about Jrs.win at the time.Tony is asked alot about Jr.and personally i don't think it's fair-ask Jr.!
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

SmokeFan14

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:59 am

Just more useless drival from Mr. Excrement.
He sucked as a driver, and sucks as a commentator.
Never had any use for him in the past and highly doubtful I ever will.
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:08 pm

wolfgang wrote:Finally got to watch it last night and my favorite line from Spencer was what if Danica ever wins in regards to Tonys' sarcasim towards Jrs.win. :o

...yep, yet ANOTHER stupid statement...if Danica was to win, it would be her first(not her 19th. after four years of sittin' on 18)which would be significant alone, AND it would be the FIRST win for a woman in NA$CAR'S elite series, which WOULD be historic(whether anyone liked it or not). But then, Spencer's as effective a commentator as he was a driver.;)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?

Return to Tony