FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need help with a name...

<<

Annalee

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: Need help with a name...

Love MW's suggestions. I am not too creative but ..... Choo Choo Stop or Chew Chew Stop. I'll keep thinking! :)

My husband 's grandfather used to be a conductor on a train they called:
"Hoot, Toot and Whistle".
Your picture is a drive thru, with that theme in mind...".
Eat and Run,......... Gas and Go,....... Checkered Flag,...... Come and Get It......

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

jsw14

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:52 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:Find out the mile marker number and simply call it "Marker 180" or whatever # you're closest to.

Well if Trains are plentiful in northern ID, They Do have Depot's 8-)
I'll go with MW's idea on mile marker 101, 180 whatever the marker is :)

Depot 101, Depot 180...............!
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Daily Pick-up
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:11 pm

Trackside(notice the NASCAR reference) Tasties
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

jsw14

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:16 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:Trackside(notice the NASCAR reference) Tasties

I LIKE IT MW 8-) 8-)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

tlmerk

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:46 pm

We used to sell food (pizza, funnel cakes, etc.) at NASCAR events and Trackside Tasties would have been perfect when we did that!

Thought of a couple more... The Buzz In or Buzz Around? (As in buzz from coffee and it also sounds like you buzz in and out so it would be quick?) It's kind of corny especially if we use a bee as a logo but you do drive around it like a cul de sac.

The concession on the beach at Sandpoint is called the Snack Shack. Rob was in Safeway tonight and two girls were talking about a friend of theirs who got a job at the snack shack at City Beach. So after we were leaning toward that name... we decided No.

Interesting fact though: In Idaho, according to the Secretary of State's office--- you can't have sole ownership of a name. It used to be registered in the county but now Idaho has gone to just registering with the state and they don't care how many businesses are called Snack Shack for instance. Weird.

Question... Does Coffeeteria sound like it sells food too or just coffee?

There is no inside seating just some picnic benches outside because it's really meant to be a drive thru so I don't think we should have a cafe in the name. People who might look up ice cream for instance on their phones or Ipods might see us under google and drive out (it's a few miles from town, on a commute and recreation route though) and not like the fact we don't have inside seating. This may be the case for Coffeeteria too even though I love the name, since most cafeterias have seating I think?

Thanks again for the suggestions. We'll decide tomorrow so keep them coming if you think of any more. Love the ones you all have thought of so far. I'll let you all know what we decide. Any GGrs out this way or visiting, better stop in for a free coffee drink (just mention Tony, Ryan or SHR). :D
Last edited by tlmerk on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:48 pm

Snack Shop
Snack & Go
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

tlmerk

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:05 pm

PIT 'N GO???
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:09 pm

tlmerk wrote:PIT 'N GO???

How about "Idaho Joe"..... "Libation Station"
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:29 am

beaverpond wrote:SS14,

Try again with some of those names because timerk said she is trying stay away from coffee shop names because they will be selling a bunch of food items.

Oh

How about Pit Stop?
Four tires and fuel
Four meals and a appetizer
Must love donuts

$20 to whoever gets what I am making fun of with the last two suggestions :D .
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:21 am

Movies? Three men and a Baby and Must Love Dogs... or is that too easy? Does it have to do with Tony eating his Whoppers?

I'm still figuring out your Angelina Jolie comparison to JPM post on another thread! LOL Actually I DID understand that I think but maybe that's because when JPM first started driving in Sprints, I liked him-- for about 5 minutes.

I love Must love Donuts!

And my son's name is Joe so Idaho Joe's might be fun.

My newest favorite might be just the Pit Stop. I think my husband actually suggested that today and I thougth of arm pits, but then he's not a NASCAR fan but in reading that in this forum, the Pit Stop sounds great. We'll probably go for something more generic though in the end (if this name change quest ever ends!!) There's a slight possibility he may do catering as well (since he has a lot of experience catering.) Since the health permit is good for 2 businesses and they'll deem that as a "commisary" that you must have in order make food on site, we could actually do catering from that tiny place. ?? Just things we're trying to consider.

There are some hoity toities in this area and I'm not sure they'd want to cater their function from The Pit Stop! :D

You guys have really come through for me and I appreciate it. Sorry, if I am boring some of you, but I'll try to delete this thread when we get a name a name finalized. :D
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:00 am

tlmerk wrote:Movies? Three men and a Baby and Must Love Dogs... or is that too easy? Does it have to do with Tony eating his Whoppers?

I'm still figuring out your Angelina Jolie comparison to JPM post on another thread! LOL Actually I DID understand that I think but maybe that's because when JPM first started driving in Sprints, I liked him-- for about 5 minutes.

I love Must love Donuts!

And my son's name is Joe so Idaho Joe's might be fun.

My newest favorite might be just the Pit Stop. I think my husband actually suggested that today and I thougth of arm pits, but then he's not a NASCAR fan but in reading that in this forum, the Pit Stop sounds great. We'll probably go for something more generic though in the end (if this name change quest ever ends!!) There's a slight possibility he may do catering as well (since he has a lot of experience catering.) Since the health permit is good for 2 businesses and they'll deem that as a "commisary" that you must have in order make food on site, we could actually do catering from that tiny place. ?? Just things we're trying to consider.

There are some hoity toities in this area and I'm not sure they'd want to cater their function from The Pit Stop! :D

You guys have really come through for me and I appreciate it. Sorry, if I am boring some of you, but I'll try to delete this thread when we get a name a name finalized. :D

You got the Must love Dogs one. The other film I was making fun of is Four Weddings and a Funeral :) .

Watching JPM in F1 made me not like him pre NASCAR. I was so #### when he came over :evil: . And I like the way Angelia Jolie looks but not what comes out of her mouth :P.

Catering sounds like an awesome deal. I have a cousin who is a carter she loves it. I'd done catering events before always fun and always paid.

Here is another name for you to try
The Big meal
O Lunch where art thou?
No cafe for old men
:D
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:19 pm

I dunno' if you're still doin' this, but...

What About Chow?
Aesop's Tables
Java, The Hut
...I dunno' if you have a gas pump, but I always thought a good name for a place like that would be, "A Touch Of Gas"... :lol:

We have a nice(and successful) place here called Roy's Kwik Korner...just replace Roy's... ;)

A snowball machine would be AWESOME for summer, there are stands everywhere around here...thery're real "kid catchers"...adults enjoy 'em too... ;)

...best of luck. :D
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:28 pm

How about "Lunch Box"?
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:50 pm

The Lunch Box in Sandpoint will be the official name but we'll call it The Lunch Box on the sign, etc. YAYAYAYAYAY!!!

I had wanted The Lunch Box at Pend Orielle (the name of the Lake here) but by including Sandpoint in the title, hubby said we could be in the business directory which would be a plus. Mailing address is Sandpoint even though it's out of town.

Anyway.... Wanted to pass that on....

You guys are awesome!!!

Remember Roseanne worked at the Lunch Box on TV? Several Lunch boxes in Idaho but they're all in Southern Idaho until now.... So glad this is over. Thanks again to everyone for the great name suggestions and the well wishes. Don't forget to stop by and see us if you're in northern ID.

Tracy
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby