FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NASCAR Trackpass Scanner sensoring??

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon May 28, 2012 1:05 am

Re: NASCAR Trackpass Scanner sensoring??

the few times Ryan cusses it comes through as a cuss word. I havent heard of him being censored yet.
& danica cusses every weekend (sat. races)
ImageImageImage
<<

adny1030

Post Mon May 28, 2012 1:13 am

Tony finally came back on near the end of the race and had as couple of f words... It was too odd tonight how earlier in the race it just disappeared... 2 times... and one for a long time.. as you knew a long list was coming your way... could have just been technical issues but it was odd the way it happened
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon May 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Maybe this new sensoring stuff is NASCAR's attempt to get the fans coming back to the track... you want to hear what they really are saying? Get your butt to the track! It's a thought!
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon May 28, 2012 5:11 pm

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:Maybe this new sensoring stuff is NASCAR's attempt to get the fans coming back to the track... you want to hear what they really are saying? Get your butt to the track! It's a thought!

Well if that is the case, I want my $29.95 back. I was promised coverage all season. In my opinion that means all race, too. I'm still going with the moving target theory. It makes me feel better. LOL
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

adny1030

Post Mon May 28, 2012 8:33 pm

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:Maybe this new sensoring stuff is NASCAR's attempt to get the fans coming back to the track... you want to hear what they really are saying? Get your butt to the track! It's a thought!

How would I hear what Tony is saying in his car at the track? For $100 I want full coverage that is not censored and that is consistent. There have been too many technical flaws IMO.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon May 28, 2012 8:50 pm

adny1030 wrote:

How would I hear what Tony is saying in his car at the track? For $100 I want full coverage that is not censored and that is consistent. There have been too many technical flaws IMO.

Well, I take my handy-dandy scanner and listen in while sitting in the stands. Trust me, it's not sensored. I've heard more than I bargained for from a few drivers.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

adny1030

Post Mon May 28, 2012 11:44 pm

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:
adny1030 wrote:

Well, I take my handy-dandy scanner and listen in while sitting in the stands. Trust me, it's not sensored. I've heard more than I bargained for from a few drivers.

I am going to assume (so high probability that I could be wrong) that you are using a regular radio scanner, someone like myself is complaining about what NASCAR is marketing and charging for. You would hear straight off of the radio waves (science I could never wrap my head around). Some of us due to things like geography, family and other things can't attend races but happily pay for the privilege to listen in and get some insight and some laughs. Don't charge us fees and censor it or make it so technically flawed that is it not working to how it is promised to.

If NASCAR is really concerned that a product like RaceView keeps people away from the track I would suggest that they do some research. Gut instincts (plus some professional knowledge in this field) would say that those who purchase subscriptions also attend races and are quite possibly high dollar consumers. There would be virtually no subscribers who choose a subscription in lieu of attending live events. It is an added benefit that boosts both the bottom line and the relationship between the fan and NASCAR.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue May 29, 2012 7:13 pm

I don't know how you got a scanner into the racetrack....At Charlotte and Bristol they check every thing you carry in?!? Whether you are sitting in the suites, terraces or general seating. With scanners being sold at the tracks it is not allowed.

I think I am going to call the people at NASCAR.com Raceview and scanner, and see what is up. I thought just like you did Nana, it was just cutting in and out. Hmmmm.....See what they say. :roll:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Tue May 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Annalee wrote:I don't know how you got a scanner into the racetrack....At Charlotte and Bristol they check every thing you carry in?!? Whether you are sitting in the suites, terraces or general seating. With scanners being sold at the tracks it is not allowed.

I think I am going to call the people at NASCAR.com Raceview and scanner, and see what is up. I thought just like you did Nana, it was just cutting in and out. Hmmmm.....See what they say. :roll:

Well, perhaps Bruton Smith has someone outlawed it but the ISC tracks do not prohibit it. I know I took my personal scanner to Bristol in 2009 with no problems so perhaps its a new policy. As for Darlington, MIS, Homestead, Daytona (of course all ISC tracks)... as long as I am wearing the scanner around my neck or on my belt loop, every one of the security check points have seen it and there were no problems. In fact, I just checked a few of the websites (Charlotte & Bristol included) and scanners are NOT listed on the prohibited items section and in fact MIS encourages people to bring their own scanners on their website.

MIS has at least a couple trailers selling scanners but I have NEVER seen it listed as a prohibited item.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Tue May 29, 2012 7:48 pm

adny1030 wrote:

I am going to assume (so high probability that I could be wrong) that you are using a regular radio scanner, someone like myself is complaining about what NASCAR is marketing and charging for. You would hear straight off of the radio waves (science I could never wrap my head around). Some of us due to things like geography, family and other things can't attend races but happily pay for the privilege to listen in and get some insight and some laughs. Don't charge us fees and censor it or make it so technically flawed that is it not working to how it is promised to.

If NASCAR is really concerned that a product like RaceView keeps people away from the track I would suggest that they do some research. Gut instincts (plus some professional knowledge in this field) would say that those who purchase subscriptions also attend races and are quite possibly high dollar consumers. There would be virtually no subscribers who choose a subscription in lieu of attending live events. It is an added benefit that boosts both the bottom line and the relationship between the fan and NASCAR.

My statement about fans getting their butt back to the track was an attempt at sarcasm. I was suggesting that perhaps NASCAR is sensoring it in order to draw fans back to the track. It was under no way supposed to be a slam against those who are not able to make it to a few races a year. I would certainly be just as upset if I purchased a subscription and it turned out to be less than what I expected.

I've been taking my personal scanner and headset to the track for the last 15-years with absolutely no problems. I don't sneak it it either. The security check points see it always.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue May 29, 2012 8:38 pm

All I know is that when we checked in at Charlotte they had two guys take their scanners back to their car and would not let them go in with them. At the All Star race they were checking everything and unless it was a camera, cell phone, iPod , etc., You couldn't take it in. Don't know why, but that's what happened. Just telling you what I saw, maybe they didn't get the memo! :lol:

Maybe the screener had a deal with the scanner guy..... :lol: :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed May 30, 2012 5:54 am

Annalee wrote:All I know is that when we checked in at Charlotte they had two guys take their scanners back to their car and would not let them go in with them. At the All Star race they were checking everything and unless it was a camera, cell phone, iPod , etc., You couldn't take it in. Don't know why, but that's what happened. Just telling you what I saw, maybe they didn't get the memo! :lol:

Maybe the screener had a deal with the scanner guy..... :lol: :lol:

Than it must be something new or only at Bruton's tracks. I think I'll email some of the non-ISC tracks and see what they say. Now I'm curious. I think that's 100% BS. We spend enough to come to the track and I even bought a scanner with the NASCAR logo on it to make sure it worked. They will lose my business if they stop me from bringing in my scanner. The phrase F'in Idiots comes to mind.
<<

bugeaters

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:01 pm

I have Direct TV Hotpass & they also censor some driver comments, which is b.s. Depending on who's featured, I always watch Jr., Happy or Smoke when available. Each one has dropped the f-bomb & shortly after, their radios go silent for a short period of time. What's interesting is they haven't had Kurt on for a long time...wonder why! :D
spit on it, suck it up & go
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing