FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony finishes 25th

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon May 28, 2012 12:46 am

Tony finishes 25th

Here I thought he was go to go after practice! Down to 9th in points. So glad he has two wins already.

SHR has been off on the 1.5 mile tracks lately. BK hitting him on pit road did exaggerate his night's woes though.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon May 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Re: Tony finishes 25th

How did you like the little pit road incident between Tony and Keslowski? Found that to be completely fascinating. The best part was Brad's attempt to get a message to Tony and his team wanted nothing to do with it. If I was Brad I would be trying everything to let Tony know I was sorry.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon May 28, 2012 6:58 pm

I don't think Tony will carry a grudge over the incident. But I agree with you, if I were Brad, I would look up Tony and... :mrgreen:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon May 28, 2012 7:19 pm

Brad already apologized and took the blame,then so Brad stated Tony took the blame,regardless who was at fault, it was just a racing accident that could have been avoided.Just sucked for both of them as Brad may have had a shot to win and Tony wasn't having a such a great day to start with.
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon May 28, 2012 7:24 pm

Good - then the incident is behind them both.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Mon May 28, 2012 10:23 pm

As much as I hated to see the two cars collide on pit road, Tony's car control slide ways incredible. I have never seen anyone move a car sideways like that on pavement, that could be handy when parallel parking! :lol: :lol:
Glad to see cooler heads prevailed. :)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

bilbo16

Post Tue May 29, 2012 11:29 am

A slip to ninth is no laughing matter. It is time to get serious, going to Dover brings back bad memories from last season, SHR is better than recent performance. Where is Zippy, has he forgotten all he knew about Chevy before getting in bed with the TOYS?
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue May 29, 2012 12:38 pm

Yeah, Dover has not been good for Tony in recent years. Avg finish - 21st. :?

I hope Steve & Zippy can come up with something better than they had at Charlotte the past 2 weeks.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue May 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Steve won with Kurt Busch at Dover last fall. I think he'll make an improvement for the 14 team at Dover this time around. He certainly did at Bristol.

I just wonder what the deal is right now. Someone said that Tony said on the radio that he feels something is just wrong with the cars. Like they are being built wrong back at the shop. There were three races Tony should have won. He won two of them and other he was going to win if not for a b.s caution.

But he does have two wins, and we might have been a little spoiled as he doesn't come on normally until the summer. Though I really want to see him win the Daytona 500, Southern 500 and Coca Cola 600 one day. If he had any luck he would have both the Daytona 500 and Coke 600 in 2008.

I think he could get a top ten at Dover. If Addington can rediscover what Tony had when this was one of his best track at the beginning of his career he could possibly win.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Tue May 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Annalee wrote:As much as I hated to see the two cars collide on pit road, Tony's car control slide ways incredible. I have never seen anyone move a car sideways like that on pavement, that could be handy when parallel parking! :lol: :lol:
Glad to see cooler heads prevailed. :)

Talk about impressive is absolutely right! That was awesome to watch! No wonder Ryan said he feels safer in a car with Tony driving... woohoo. I do find that kinds of control to be a huge turn on and again, I can't believe I just said that but it's the truth. You can be the homliest person I know, but you control a powerful machine like that and I think it's sexy. There, TMI, sorry... :oops:
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue May 29, 2012 1:27 pm

BK's spotter told him the 14 was there but it was too late.

I like how desperate he was to apologize. Shows Tony track presence mimics Dale Earnhardt's.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

LeslieO

Post Tue May 29, 2012 2:12 pm

This might have been fast for a Coca Cola 600 time-wise, but it felt like the longest one I've watched...ugh. Sure it felt that way for Tony, too. Not really looking forward to Dover especially coming off a week like this. I really wonder how Tony would have finished if not for the pit incident. He was starting to move forward before that, but I didn't have the feeling there was a lot to be happy about with the car. I was unfortunately distracted through some of the race, though.

The pit deal stunk in that it certainly didn't help Tony's night, but I did enjoy how it turned out. Brad's reaction shows that not only is there respect for Tony out there, but a good healthy dose of 'fear'. It was pretty cool to watch Tony's car control crab-walking it back into the stall. (And I'll admit to absolutely agreeing with you LadyWhiteWolf :oops: ;) ) And best of all, it didn't turn into a 'thing' at all...both drivers were reasonable in their reactions. Overall my reaction to it, though, was something along the lines of what I did when it happened, which was mutter something I'd be fined for saying here and throw the remote. :lol:

I am very glad Tony has the two wins, and he has been strong in other races, but I don't have the best feeling overall about the season so far. I know it's still early, but I just feel there is too much inconsistency in the cars from week-to-week. You're always going to have some off weeks, and some weeks that turn out bad just from pure ol' "that's racing" bad luck, but there have been too many "bad" weeks IMO. Maybe my standards are too high, especially for a team with a new crew chief. I don't know.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue May 29, 2012 4:22 pm

What bothers me most about Tony's cars of lately, is the adjustability or lack of it. When he explains to Steve what is wrong with the car and Steve does his magic, the car doesn't seem to respond the way it should or responds exactly opposite of the adjustment. Then they take a big swing at it and nothing is right. Hope they can fix it. It reminds me of the problem Tony and Darian had before the chase last year. :(. Oh well on to Dover!!

Bad Brad really likes Tony, and was truly sorry he ran into him! Could be a little R E S P E C T....... ;)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HRR

Post Wed May 30, 2012 2:52 pm

In light of things that have gone on in the last two weeks.. that 600 race was just boring. After the AllStar race, I knew Tony would not have a car to even make a run in the big dance. As my friends always say, Tony was getting JJ's winning cars last year from Hendrick , that is why he was winning so many races.. lol... maybe Hendrick is not selling him the good stuff... or maybe they are Jeff's old cars from last year is what the problem is. Who knows...but to go from dominant in the mile and a halfs last year, to junk this year.. does not sound right. Night and day.. I think adding a third car to the team was a bad idea... that is just for starters. Too much hype around Danica.. Tony, can win and drive anything with wheels..but, as of late, something is just night right... question is.. what is not right with these new cars? If you look back to the beginning of the season, Smoke and SHR looked like they were starting where they left off last year, Tony should have at least 5 wins already, according to the stats at the beginning of the year. Dega and Darlington.. should have been his big wins this year..but fell short. Bristol.. major improvement..Daytona..nah.. but Charolette should have been a track that should have had more time invested into. How could his car be as bad as the part time drivers and teams that night? That is not SHR look..but who am I ... I don't drive these cars.. but, sometimes I wonder.. to go from being a force to be dealt with to sub par.. is far from comprehensible. Seeming that Steve always had the answer for Kyle's cars at CMS.. it just did not add up to me. On to Dover.. I hope this is not going to be another boring race.

Return to Tony