FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Radio hosts are cluless about race fans

<<

palino_s

Post Sun May 27, 2012 4:02 am

Re: Radio hosts are cluless about race fans

Schmoopy1000 wrote:T All because Al Unser Jr. didnt make the field one year.

That was Roger Penske's the worst day of his life.. His team didnt make the field.. It was in 1995, both Al Unser jr and Emerson Fittipaldi didnt qualify..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

ndunn

Post Mon May 28, 2012 8:44 pm

I haven't paid much attention to Indy racing in years because everything was such a chicken way of doing things. It was the deal over Indy and Cart that I think lost alot of attention. Now my memory is faint when it comes to some old news but was it Penske that started Cart just to irritate George and cause one big commotion? I really want to know if I'm right or wrong. Thanks.....
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon May 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Tony George is part of our problem in nascar also.
He was the one that wanted the top 25 locked into the Indy 500 & only the last 8 spots have to qualify in. All because Al Unser Jr. didnt make the field one year.

Now we have a top 35 rule :(

That son of a Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

ndunn

Post Mon May 28, 2012 9:15 pm

ndunn wrote:I haven't paid much attention to Indy racing in years because everything was such a chicken way of doing things. It was the deal over Indy and Cart that I think lost alot of attention. Now my memory is faint when it comes to some old news but was it Penske that started Cart just to irritate George and cause one big commotion? I really want to know if I'm right or wrong. Thanks.....

I just went online to find out about CART & INDY and wow is that sport ever commplicated. I doubt if the left hand knew what the right hand was doing. Penske was involved and so was Dan Gurney and others. I don't know how they kept track of what was going on.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

jamo14

Post Mon May 28, 2012 11:54 pm

yeah ndunn, there was plenty of blame to go around over that deal. it almost happened in the early 80s, luckily they waited over a decade before splitting up cause there were some memorable races back then.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing