FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I'm flying here...

<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon May 28, 2012 7:58 am

I'm flying here...

I just got some wonderful news and I had to share it with all of you just because I know how much you love the man.

I set myself a goal to meet Tony this year and I just found out I get to! I won the bid on an auction for the NASCAR Foundation to ride in the parade lap vehicle with Tony at Michigan International Speedway on 6/17/2012.

I'm so dang excited I can barely stand it. I actually cried while reading the email from the Foundation last night.

I GET MY 5 MINUTES TO MEET MY HERO! Only a true NASCAR fan could understand how exciting this is. So anyway, I'll get to ride with my favorite around my home track. Life is good! :shock:
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon May 28, 2012 8:06 am

Re: I'm flying here...

:shock: FANTASTIC :!: :!: :D :D :D

We'll be looking for you at MIS! 8-)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

im4tony

Post Mon May 28, 2012 8:18 am

Oh what a thrill. I have wanted to meet the "MAN" and have never had an opportunity. I have been close. That was one goal I have had every year but just not in the cards I guess. But I won't give up.
Congratulations and I know exactly how you feel.

Now you will have to post how it was when you met him. Have to tell all now....

Have fun
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon May 28, 2012 8:24 am

Bring your camera and take lots of closeups to post here :!: :D :D :D :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon May 28, 2012 10:30 am

HiddenHollow wrote:Bring your camera and take lots of closeups to post here :!: :D :D :D :D :D

Oh trust me. I'll get at least one! Hopefully my camera can compensate for the shaking I'll be doing due to the "Tony Effect"... LOL. I think that was AnnaLee's creation right? :) That is why I'm going alone. I can take one person with me and they can go down on the track but no in the vehicle but I've decided that I want to do this alone. I only live 45 minutes from MIS so I'll go do it, watch a few laps of the race and head home. That way, if nothing intelligible comes out of my mouth no one I know will witness it!!
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon May 28, 2012 10:33 am

im4tony wrote:Oh what a thrill. I have wanted to meet the "MAN" and have never had an opportunity. I have been close. That was one goal I have had every year but just not in the cards I guess. But I won't give up.
Congratulations and I know exactly how you feel.

Now you will have to post how it was when you met him. Have to tell all now....

Have fun

Where there is a will, there is a way!!

Don't give up! He almost ran my butt over at Darlington in the hospitality area and that was the first time I got to see him at the track. Plus, I think it was meant to be... I also had seat #14 in the stands and on the motorcoach to the track I was in row 14. A minute earlier or a minute later and I would have missed him! The trying to meet him part is the most fun!! Now, here's to perfect weather and no issues on 6/17.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon May 28, 2012 10:34 am

Hold on tight cause you may be struck with the " Tony Effect" and in a moving vehicle that could be disastrous. :lol: :lol: Have a great time! Plus practice what you want to say!!! I am telling you will get week in the knees and every intelligent thing you have thought of to say, leaves your brain and it is a pitiful sight. My husband thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen! But it is worth every minute.
Last edited by Annalee on Mon May 28, 2012 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon May 28, 2012 10:36 am

Annalee wrote:Hold on tight cause you may be struck with the " Tony Effect" and in a moving vehicle that could be disastrous. :lol: :lol: Have a great time!

Here's to hoping I'm not afflicted with it! I think I'll have to have a stiff drink before I go. LOL And thanks. I'm just so dang excited I can barely stand it.
<<

NASCARNan

Post Mon May 28, 2012 1:20 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :D

Please post pictures and let us know how your experience went. I would be flying high too!

ENJOY!!
NASCAR Nan
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon May 28, 2012 5:10 pm

Annalee wrote:Hold on tight cause you may be struck with the " Tony Effect" and in a moving vehicle that could be disastrous. :lol: :lol: Have a great time! Plus practice what you want to say!!! I am telling you will get week in the knees and every intelligent thing you have thought of to say, leaves your brain and it is a pitiful sight. My husband thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen! But it is worth every minute.

Practice what I say.... yup! I've been doing that all day... "Hello, my name is Sondra"... so far so good! Couple more weeks and I should be able to say it in my sleep! LMAO!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon May 28, 2012 7:01 pm

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:
Annalee wrote:Hold on tight cause you may be struck with the " Tony Effect" and in a moving vehicle that could be disastrous. :lol: :lol: Have a great time! Plus practice what you want to say!!! I am telling you will get week in the knees and every intelligent thing you have thought of to say, leaves your brain and it is a pitiful sight. My husband thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen! But it is worth every minute.

Practice what I say.... yup! I've been doing that all day... "Hello, my name is Sondra"... so far so good! Couple more weeks and I should be able to say it in my sleep! LMAO!

Something like, "Hello, my name is Sondra and I'm so blad to finly mate you..." :lol: :lol: :lol:

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon May 28, 2012 8:46 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
Something like, "Hello, my name is Sondra and I'm so blad to finly mate you..." :lol: :lol: :lol:

ROFLMAO! OMG, you guys are making me even more nervous. Just signed my background check. You have to submit to at least a criminal and DMV background check just to take the lap. Wow, they mean business!
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon May 28, 2012 10:27 pm

:shock: I'm not gonna ask the winning bid :shock:

Happy for you. Hope you have a blast, know you will :)
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

azk8ster

Post Tue May 29, 2012 1:11 am

That is so beyond totally amazing, i am SO excited for you! Michigan is the only track I've been to besides Phoenix, wish I could get there again, especially since race day this year would be my Dad's 80th birthday if he were still alive. I'll tell Poppy to aim his angel powers to the 14 team for you!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue May 29, 2012 7:54 am

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:
HiddenHollow wrote:

ROFLMAO! OMG, you guys are making me even more nervous. Just signed my background check. You have to submit to at least a criminal and DMV background check just to take the lap. Wow, they mean business!

;) On second thought, bring a video camera and then post the video on YouTube. That way we can also HEAR your conversation with him! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
Next

Return to Tony