FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

being Hijacked

<<

dfizban

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:22 pm

being Hijacked

Has anyone else had trouble with being rerouted to other site from here without clicking on anything? It seems to happen to me all the time in here now. Until it is fixed I probly won't be in here very often. It just isn't right. Thanks for listening. Dfizban.
Where there is Smoke there is a fire to win!!!
<<

Lasvegas39fan

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:32 pm

Re: being Hijacked

Wow haven't had that happen to me
<<

Biff

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:51 pm

is it happening on other sites also or just this one?
What are you looking at butthead?
<<

tonycrazy

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:58 pm

No problem here.....sorry ur having trouble!!

tc

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Nope, I'm not having that problem. Could be a piece of malware that has gotten on to your computer hijacking your web browser.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Better have the comptuer checked out, it does sound like some malware or trojan program & that's a problem. Need to get someone get rid soon. Check your phone book & make phone calls if you don't have any good virus service protection on your computer. Some places will come out to your home so you don't have to take it into a store to get checked out.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:51 pm

I would have to agree with Smoke14Wins, not having checked your profile...I can't recommend a specific company and I do know of different companies that do this type of work around the country.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

dfizban

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:25 am

The strange thing is this is the only web site I have trouble with that. I do have a good virus and a malware and spy ware programs also. I get so I hate computers more everyday. Actually It's more like hate Microsoft more everyday. Thanks for the input everyone. I guess I have to up date all my maleware and spyware programs.
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:00 pm

You have to look at what you are using. If you are using a free anti-virus program, it could be doing you more harm than good as some of these have spyware and adware built into them or it could be the e-mail program you are using. I know with Windows 7, it no longer has outlook express or windows mail, you kind of have to look for something else to support your e-mail and there are a lot of choices out there and some of them are not the most secure as I learned the hard way once. I use AVG and also have the AVG PC Tune-up. They work very well together, obviously being from the same manufacturer helps. I know there are other good ones out there, but I have had a lot of problems with Norton and MacAfee so I could never personally recommend them. I also usually buy the two year service agreement with all the bells and whistles because my computer spends a lot of time cruising the internet. With what I do, what my wife does with it, and what my daughter uses it for.
Image Image

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:49 pm

When I learned that Outlook Express was going away, I switched to Windows Live Mail. I has a very similar look and feel to Outlook Express once I changed some of the default views and display options. Making the transition wasn't that difficult.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:02 pm

There was Windows Mail (Windows Vista) and Windows Live Mail which came about somewhere between Vista and Windows 7. I know that when Live Mail first rolled out, there were a lot of issues with it. Now they seem to have a lot of them worked out. I use it for the RSS Feeds and not much else. I think all the problems I had with it in the beginning just left a bad taste in my mouth and therefore I really don't care for it all that much. I use Incredimail Premium and really like it. It does a lot of the same things that Windows Live Mail does without some of the headaches. My sister uses Windows Live Mail a lot and I let her use mine at Christmas and she found mine to be a lot more user friendly than hers. I think it is a matter of choice and to each his own.
Image Image

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:37 pm

beaverpond wrote:I think it is a matter of choice and to each his own.

I agree... "one size does not fit all." My wife is the big email user in our household and she was not keen on changing programs (she never is). I explained that eventually, we would have no choice but to change... to something else. It's been several months now and she has adapted nicely. I've had zero problems with WLM.

She is still using Microsoft Money 1999 and loves it. As long as I can continue to run it (it works fine under Win7 64-bit) I will. I've tried others, but she says "NO!"

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:06 pm

My parents had a HP laptop that was 32 bit Vista that they upgraded to Windows 7 and they had nothing but trouble with it and that is because they were in an area that is strictly dialup. So they gave it to us. They know that we are on Time Warner with Road Runner Turbo and wanted to see if we had a different result and we have had 0 problems with it. They had a friend who gave them a XP machine, so I helped set it up and they are happy with it.

This second laptop does not get a lot of use, but it is nice for my daughter if she does not need the internet right away for something. I have had to make some different upgrades to it to make it work with the printer we have because it is in tune with the 64 bit laptop. I also had to make some other adjustments as well.

Funny thing is that our family has a thing for HP. My parents, my sister, my brother, myself. It is the one thing we all have in common. My sister is the odd ball in the printer department though. She is the only one that does not have a Canon. I thought about buying her one so she would be like the rest of us. :mrgreen:
Image Image

<<

dfizban

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:56 am

Thank you all again for the help. I do belive I have it fixed. My spyware program was turned off. ( Grandson was having trouble doing something so he shut all my vrus and spyware programs off) That won't happen again. Thanks again all.
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:39 am

OOHHH, boy does that sound very familiar. My nephew did that to my parents computer once. I spent a week working on it after that. My father took his grandson aside and threatened to cut his fingers off if he ever messed with the settings on his computer ever again. My sister came in and wanted to know if there was a problem and my father said not anymore...we have come to an understanding and he looked at my nephew and said haven't we and he nervously said uh huh. My sister asked me what happened later and I filled her in. She said I don't think he will mess with it again and I said I don't think so. :shock:
Image Image

Next

Return to The Lobby