FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony on Tv

<<

Annalee

Post Fri May 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Re: Tony on Tv

ndunn wrote:I saw an interveiew on one of the small videos and what he said was that he spent Sunday and Monday in Indiana for Mothers day and Monday doing Tony business. Didn't sound like lying to me. He also said when he gets back to the office the appropriate people would gather and discuss the matter. He didn't sound as tho incident was the end of the world as the media was making it.

Thank you NDunn, you are so right!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri May 18, 2012 3:22 pm

I saw it and Tony's answer. Seemed fake to me too, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Tony ... but am not afraid to point out some of his less than stellar faults.

Tony was THERE .... he didn't fly out all by himself... he wasn't isolated in a cocoon.... he KNEW about it when it happened .... and after wards. Please. An owner NOT informed about this? Not in this world of instant info in your face.

He may have waited until he got to the shop to discuss it... but he knew it. To assume he did not know the details makes him an out of touch owner... and I refuse to believe that part.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri May 18, 2012 3:54 pm

None of us know what Tony did after the race. At the track he doesn't put his owner hat on (as he likes to say). Could he have been lying? Yes. But who cares if he was? Not my place to judge him.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri May 18, 2012 4:58 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:None of us know what Tony did after the race. At the track he doesn't put his owner hat on (as he likes to say). Could he have been lying? Yes. But who cares if he was? Not my place to judge him.

its a good thing I am here then.
*Slams gavel on desk*
Guilty!!!! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

jamo14

Post Fri May 18, 2012 5:07 pm

I know what he did right after exiting the car. The MRN radio reporter was interviewing him, then there's a loud cheer, then Tony says "That's what I love about Darlington, fights after the race. I don't know what's going on but I wanna go down there." Reporter says "It appears the 39 crew and 51 crew are in a fight I'm...we're gonna go down there and check it out." then Tony says "Let's go!"
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

azk8ster

Post Sat May 19, 2012 1:47 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:None of us know what Tony did after the race. At the track he doesn't put his owner hat on (as he likes to say). Could he have been lying? Yes. But who cares if he was? Not my place to judge him.

its a good thing I am here then.
*Slams gavel on desk*
Guilty!!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the LOL, Schmoop!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

smokinTA

Post Sat May 19, 2012 11:58 am

jamo14 wrote:I know what he did right after exiting the car. The MRN radio reporter was interviewing him, then there's a loud cheer, then Tony says "That's what I love about Darlington, fights after the race. I don't know what's going on but I wanna go down there." Reporter says "It appears the 39 crew and 51 crew are in a fight I'm...we're gonna go down there and check it out." then Tony says "Let's go!"

I heard that same interview! Tony as an owner or driver, will never cow down to the media. He will give them the information and opinions that HE wants to give them and only when he wants to give it. 8-)
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sun May 20, 2012 7:37 am

smokinTA wrote:
I heard that same interview! Tony as an owner or driver, will never cow down to the media. He will give them the information and opinions that HE wants to give them and only when he wants to give it. 8-)

Isn't that the quality that most fans of Smoke's finds endearing? I never liked when he was rude and downright mean, but his blatant honesty is a breath of fresh air in this NASCAR game of political correctness. If I wanted cookie cutter answers from a driver after a race I certainly would not be a fan of Tony's!!
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
Previous

Return to Tony