FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony finishes another disapointing third

<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Sat May 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Tony finishes another disapointing third

Not for the same reasons as Richmond. But to get beat by JJ and to lose the Southern 500 is disappointing. JJ was just to fast, and Tony didn't get going on that last restart.

I had to calm down by indulging in some adult beverages...

Anyway great run, hate that JJ won, rather any other car in the field win then him. Not going to watch any post race stuff. The HMS/ JJ love fest will be huge.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Sun May 13, 2012 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Annalee

User avatar

Posts: 5734

9286

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Location: Home of NASCAR

Post Sat May 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: Tony finishes another disapointing third

Tony had no clutch and no gas for the green white checkers! He did a great job! His gas light came on during the restart! For him to finish 3rd was amazing! You need to rethink your disappointment. Breaking news : there was a fight on pit road with Ryan Newman pit crew and Kurts. Don't know about what!?!
Image

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Sat May 12, 2012 11:46 pm

Re: Tony finishes another disapointing third

Woah there was a fight on pit road???

The 39 is probably mad that Kurt spun right in front of Ryan.

But anyway, it's the Southern 500, a crown jewel. It would have been great if Tony would have crossed this race off his list. It was a great finish all things considering, but he already has two wins, he might as well finished 20th from here on out he is in the chase.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

jamo14

User avatar

Posts: 1371

Images: 0
180

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:44 am

Post Sun May 13, 2012 1:02 am

Re: Tony finishes another disapointing third

Annalee wrote:Tony had no clutch and no gas for the green white checkers! He did a great job! His gas light came on during the restart! For him to finish 3rd was amazing! You need to rethink your disappointment. Breaking news : there was a fight on pit road with Ryan Newman pit crew and Kurts. Don't know about what!?!

^^^exactly, and Tony was grateful for that finish too because of the problems he faced.

That JJ guy is turning out to be a pretty good racecar driver...def has potential
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

Image
<<

Lizard

User avatar

Posts: 684

180

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Post Sun May 13, 2012 1:06 am

Re: Tony finishes another disapointing third

Well Tony finished where I picked him, I was hoping to be wrong but should have stuck with JJ winning instead of Jeffie.

Anyway considering where I thought the race was going to go when his clutch broke, 3rd is awesome and I'll take it any day over laps down.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

adny1030

User avatar

Posts: 95

8030

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Location: NY, NY

Post Sun May 13, 2012 1:14 am

Re: Tony finishes another disapointing third

So, a racer who starts off a race in the 17th position... has 42 other cars out there... comes in third- is disappointing. He beat 40 other racers- with no clutch for 65 or so laps. 40 other racers/race cars!!!!!!!

SS14- you start this tread- and then the second someone (who was correct and logical) puts up an argument/another position you back track. You change your way of thinking/statements/mindset more than tires get changed on a race car. Stop bed-wetting and stand by what you write. If you are unsure- don't write it until you are. And if you believe in what you write- stand by it!
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Sun May 13, 2012 1:16 am

Re: Tony finishes another disapointing third

adny1030 wrote:SS14- you start this tread- and then the second someone (who was correct and logical) puts up an argument/another position you back track. You change your way of thinking/statements/mindset more than tires get changed on a race car. Stop bed-wetting and stand by what you write. If you are unsure- don't write it until you are. And if you believe in what you write- stand by it!


Woah.

First off I didn't change my way of think. Third is a great finish. That is a fact. But it is disappointing that he didn't win. He is pretty much locked in the chase and it's all about winning at the time being to score more bonus points.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

adny1030

User avatar

Posts: 95

8030

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Location: NY, NY

Post Sun May 13, 2012 1:21 am

Re: Tony finishes another disapointing third

Smokeshow14 wrote:
adny1030 wrote:SS14- you start this tread- and then the second someone (who was correct and logical) puts up an argument/another position you back track. You change your way of thinking/statements/mindset more than tires get changed on a race car. Stop bed-wetting and stand by what you write. If you are unsure- don't write it until you are. And if you believe in what you write- stand by it!


Woah.

First off I didn't change my way of think. Third is a great finish. That is a fact. But it is disappointing that he didn't win. He is pretty much locked in the chase and it's all about winning at the time being to score more bonus points.


Read the name of the post YOU started... I need not say another word
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Sun May 13, 2012 5:00 pm

Re: Tony finishes another disapointing third

adny1030 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:
adny1030 wrote:SS14- you start this tread- and then the second someone (who was correct and logical) puts up an argument/another position you back track. You change your way of thinking/statements/mindset more than tires get changed on a race car. Stop bed-wetting and stand by what you write. If you are unsure- don't write it until you are. And if you believe in what you write- stand by it!


Woah.

First off I didn't change my way of think. Third is a great finish. That is a fact. But it is disappointing that he didn't win. He is pretty much locked in the chase and it's all about winning at the time being to score more bonus points.


Read the name of the post YOU started... I need not say another word

The is Tony finishes another disappointing third.

I have continued to say it is disappointing. I wish he had won it is a big race. But it is a great finish for him. Not sure where your going with this.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

beaverpond

User avatar

Posts: 4823

Images: 32
9653

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:56 am

Location: Bridgton,ME

Post Sun May 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Re: Tony finishes another disapointing third

SS14,

You make it sound like finishing 3rd is a bad thing, especially with a car that has no clutch and if you have ever driven a race car or stick for that matter, you would know how important that clutch is. During a restart that clutch is essential or getting through those gears is going to be very difficult to do. For him to finish third, I was impressed an holding my breath at the same time.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

ndunn

User avatar

Posts: 3303

9160

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm

Post Sun May 13, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Tony finishes another disapointing third

I had Tony to win and JJ for 3rd but I'll take the points no matter what. This got me out of the 1 point funk and maybe I'll move up a place or so. I don't really care how this matters to anyone else but I was glad Hendricks finally got the 200th win so the media will move on to something else. The world wasn't coming to an end but one would have thought so by the way SPEED was giving so much attention to the subject. I moved on to the computer where I could read what I wanted to find out. At least the computer is quiet.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3134

Images: 3
8170

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Sun May 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Re: Tony finishes another disapointing third

I'll take third, it's better than where Ryan finished and i'm not happy about that! :evil:
<<

onerockindoc

User avatar

Posts: 2497

Images: 1
9317

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Location: Houston, Texas

Post Mon May 14, 2012 6:45 am

Re: Tony finishes another disapointing third

The last thing I read in the chat room after the race was from Schmoopy. He said "you Tony fans don't know how good you have it".

I always hope for a 14 win but will take what is given depending on the circumstances. Class act Tony went to Victory Lane to congratulate all the HMS contingent.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8834

Images: 0
9357

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Mon May 14, 2012 8:05 am

Re: Tony finishes another disapointing third

i didnt realize how fun the tony threads were, i need to participate in them, i guess winning a championship and winning 7 of 15 races arent good enough that some are jaded by a 3rd place finish, it shouldnt matter if he wins, comes in 3rd or last, what should matter that you appreciate watching him drive,

btw doc, awesome avatar, whomever made that is a very talented JJ fan, opps i mean nascar fan :)
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

onerockindoc

User avatar

Posts: 2497

Images: 1
9317

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Location: Houston, Texas

Post Mon May 14, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Tony finishes another disapointing third

I guess Tony fans are the same as regular people we all encounter in our daily lives, some see the glass half full, others half empty.

My avatar was made especially for me by a hot stallion of a man. JJ fan or not!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
Next

Return to Tony

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER