FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

mayfield.........

<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu May 03, 2012 5:51 pm

Re: mayfield.........

i know i have no pity for the man, even if your a mid-level driver on the cup level you can make a decent living, but like SS brought up the whole talking about Ray E and Erin, that was the start of his decline, there are millions of people who go to work everyday to make a buck and they accept it, but there are some that cheat their way through life and eventually get busted in the long run, so again, drugs never help, and taking short cuts only make things rougher.
<<

Lizard

Post Thu May 03, 2012 9:42 pm

I just have to say this SHOCKED me:

ARCA owner interested in Mayfield: If suspended NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield can avoid jail time, he could have a job back behind the wheel of a racecar later this year. ARCA team owner Roger Carter said Tuesday that he wants to put the embattled Mayfield in one of his cars. He hopes to field a car for Mayfield in the June race at Pocono Raceway, but Carter is not sure if Mayfield can compete that soon in the Midwest-based stock-car series. Carter currently operates Carter 2 Motorsports and has a long history of involvement in racing, including with the Sadler Brothers Racing team that put Mayfield in a Cup car for the first time in 1993. An ARCA spokesman said that because Mayfield has not applied for an ARCA license, the sanctioning body has no comment. Carter said that ARCA officials want to see how Mayfield's legal issues turn out before making a decision. He said he doesn't blame ARCA for hesitating to approve Mayfield, especially considering its relationship with NASCAR. ARCA runs as a support series at many NASCAR events on the same weekend. Carter said he won't cause controversy if Mayfield isn't allowed to race. He said he's talked with Mayfield and told him that he would have to submit to an ARCA drug test and be willing to take a drug test administered by the team.(Sporting News)(4-4-2012)
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu May 03, 2012 10:48 pm

I'd love to see Jeremy race again. If he can avoid going to jail, I hope that happens. I heard about that roughly a month ago.

One thing I don't get is why meth? Meth is the poor man's cocaine. Cocaine would have make more sense (make no mistake he should not do nor anyone should ever do either drugs).
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri May 04, 2012 8:16 am

actually crack is the poor mans choice for a quick fix, the high last 10-15 mins, where as meth lasts up to 8 hrs,
drugs dont discriminate, rich or poor, color of skin
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat May 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:I'd love to see Jeremy race again. If he can avoid going to jail, I hope that happens. I heard about that roughly a month ago.

One thing I don't get is why meth? Meth is the poor man's cocaine. Cocaine would have make more sense (make no mistake he should not do nor anyone should ever do either drugs).

Cocaine over meth,tell that to many of the 1%er motorcycle clubs i'm sure they'd disagree,ever ride a motorcycle for hours on coke vs. meth,good luck.Personally,i haven't tried either way,but i'll take ones word for it. :mrgreen:
<<

duffygoofy

Post Thu May 10, 2012 10:46 am

He just got fined One Million Dollars cos his dogs attack the Mailman.
Hes getting into more trouble and that will cost him big time.
ImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Thu May 10, 2012 1:56 pm

I didn't know that in North Carolina that the fine for a dog biting a mailman was one million dollars. I have two cocker spaniels, that I don't think would harm a fly, but you never know. :( yikes! Guess this state's legislature has got to raise some money some way to cover all the stupid spending they seem to do. Ex. ... The Tea Pot museum.... :roll:

It just gets deeper and deeper for Jeremy Mayfield.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu May 10, 2012 2:38 pm

A Forsyth County (N.C.) Superior Court judge has ordered Mayfield to pay $1 million to a postal carrier who was attacked in 2011 by Mayfield's five dogs.

According to court accounts, Mary Bolton was delivering the mail on April 21, 2011, and had a package too large to fit into the mailbox. She drove onto the property (which had "No Trespassing" and "Beware of Dog" signs visible) but was attacked by the dogs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-fr ... 36842.html
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

duffygoofy

Post Thu May 10, 2012 2:58 pm

He also called 911 .They also put the dogs to sleep.
ImageImage
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu May 10, 2012 3:11 pm

I find it sad to believe she got away with getting money for that. That's the purpose of "no trespassing" Beware of dog" signs. To alert people not to come on the property without contacting the house hold for delivery or arranging delivery to a neighbor. It's her own fault yet he gets stuck with the fine.

Here, if there's beware of dog posted, the delivery person (mail or UPS or such) doesn't deliver, they'll take it back & either call or send a post card that you have to come pick your package up because they tried to deliver it once. Or if a neighbor is out, sometimes (not always) they'll leave the package with the neighbor.

My neighbor is an accident waiting to happen, she doesn't have beware of dog posted. But the regular delivery people know she has one so they're cautious if the dogs are inside or out when he/she makes a delivery.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Annalee

Post Thu May 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Well,Beav, that's exactly where I live!! I asked the mailman who comes everyday, what the fine for a dog bite was? As my two puppies are wagging their tails and jumping all over him. They like him cause he brings them treats. He said if you can prove your dog has had rabies shots and is licensed in the county at the very most one thousand dollars. He started laughing and knew what I was going to ask him. Joe the mailman, who knows the victim postal worker, and the whole story, said there was much more to this story than the dog bite!! I will find out what happened! Joe had a lot to deliver today but he said he would tell me tomorrow. To be continued...............
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu May 10, 2012 4:18 pm

Boy, all of a sudden I wish I was his mail lady.....the most famous people who have lived on my route were James Drury(the Virginian) and Steve Elkington(the golfer)
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu May 10, 2012 4:28 pm

I have read three other stories and not a one of them refer to this as a fine, but a law suit. Big difference.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

smokinTA

Post Thu May 10, 2012 4:53 pm

This whole thing sounds pretty weird to me, I had a German Shepherd that bit someone once and they did sue me. I turned it over to my Home Insurance Company - done! That's why you buy home insurance.

My Shane was quarantined for a week or two, (just about killed ME) but I visited him every night and brought him steak bones and treats. He was doing his job. Someone was on my property uninvited and that someone did not heed the warning signs. The bizarre thing was, Shane didn't break any skin on the perpetrator, just put his jaws on his arm and then let go. :roll:
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

Annalee

Post Thu May 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Well , the Mayfields didn't show up to court because they couldn't afford an attorney. As for the postal carrier she had an attorney ( ambulance chaser) who went for the big bucks, bad news for her is there is NO money! Nothing. Everything has been auctioned of any value and there is nothing left. Good news she is back working and doing fine and Joe gave her some dog treats to give to her new customers.
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing