FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

<<

Lizard

User avatar

Posts: 684

180

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Post Tue May 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Re: A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

palino_s wrote:
Lizard wrote:You don't get and I cannot make you understand, so I give you are right Danica is the best driver ever and we should all just bow to her.


Danica ISNT the best driver, she never been and she will not be.. Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon are best drivers in NASCAR..

I think you dont believe me, but I am also Tony's big fan.. But I remember some bad Tony's action, because he was temper hot head.. Danica also is temper hot head..

Believe or not Danica and Tony have some similarities in behavior - both temper hot heads, both spicy and sarcastic, both sometime said stupid thing and both say what think..


You stated the whole reason why she gets on my nerves, Tony backs up his attitude with skill. Danica backs up her attitude with being an media darling. Since I have been a Tony fan since back in the dirt track days BELIEVE me I know his tude, but he has the talent to back it up and learned the hard way that he needed to change things. Personally I think if Senior had not died Tony would be an even better driver because Senior would be there to put him in place when necessary. I forget, I think it was Darlington where Tony went off on Zippy during practice and Senior started pelting him with tire pellets. Tony need a bit more of that from someone who had the talent.
Thing is with Danica she just has the tude, but lacks the skill to back it up. I have tried and will try, but she is starting to be like she was in Indy and that is why I couldn't take her anymore.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 2860

Images: 3
685

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Tue May 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Re: A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

palino_s wrote:
wolfgang wrote:There's no chance in being gullible here,it was clear the #12 had a RF tire going down and if you watch how Danica reacts to it,it appears much differant than it would if most anyone else was behind the #12.The lack of experiance maybe,i'd go more with the fact she's there for entertainment only. :mrgreen: Sorry,i agree Sam isn't the greatest stock car driver and he has been involved in several instances before because of that,but not this time.The only thing i see is the same old Danica i seen in the IRL and Nascar will not step in anymore than the IRL did.The Kyle and Ron incident was alot differant than this,but i will say Sam is much further ahead in points than Danica and showing considerable improvement.Danica has had alot of bad luck this year,so i couldn't say we've seen her best yet,after all,she did once finish in the top five one year in the IRL,over her teammates,one being Marco and we all know how well he drives. :lol: Well if you say Sam has more experiance in Nascar,ok i'll go with that,but we don't want to compare IRL now do weeeee?


wtf? Once again Sam said he had 2 laps flat tire.. That mean he made 5 miles on 190+ without problems? I do not believe he had flat tire.. I know she is learning.. And about Sam - Montoya and Allmendinger show more improvement than Sam..

I do not compare IRL, because we talks about NASCAR, but if talks about her former teamates second her teamate was Tony Kanaan former champion..

Yes,the tire was going down and wasn't flat at that point.Yes ,Tony was Danicas teammate as so was Marcos Andretti.Montoya is the biggest joke in Nascar,ay! Paul Tracey would have brought alot more color to Nascar,but he didn't care for it.Tony Stewart is the only one so far from the IRL that has impressed me,to be honest.
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 2860

Images: 3
685

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Tue May 08, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

This is great either side you take,this board has been dead for a looooong time! :lol:
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Tue May 08, 2012 11:03 pm

Re: A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

Lizard wrote:
palino_s wrote:
Lizard wrote:You don't get and I cannot make you understand, so I give you are right Danica is the best driver ever and we should all just bow to her.


Danica ISNT the best driver, she never been and she will not be.. Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon are best drivers in NASCAR..

I think you dont believe me, but I am also Tony's big fan.. But I remember some bad Tony's action, because he was temper hot head.. Danica also is temper hot head..

Believe or not Danica and Tony have some similarities in behavior - both temper hot heads, both spicy and sarcastic, both sometime said stupid thing and both say what think..


You stated the whole reason why she gets on my nerves, Tony backs up his attitude with skill. Danica backs up her attitude with being an media darling. Since I have been a Tony fan since back in the dirt track days BELIEVE me I know his tude, but he has the talent to back it up and learned the hard way that he needed to change things. Personally I think if Senior had not died Tony would be an even better driver because Senior would be there to put him in place when necessary. I forget, I think it was Darlington where Tony went off on Zippy during practice and Senior started pelting him with tire pellets. Tony need a bit more of that from someone who had the talent.
Thing is with Danica she just has the tude, but lacks the skill to back it up. I have tried and will try, but she is starting to be like she was in Indy and that is why I couldn't take her anymore.


Danica kinda has to be a media darling. If a guy say something and takes a stand they are considered cool, a leader, brave, smart etc.

But if a woman says something like Tony, then she is considered a ####. And that is a FACT. Just the society we live in.

Can't gauge Danica's talent in a stock car just yet. She has only done this since 2010. If she hasn't improved by 2015 then that is another thing.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Wed May 09, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

MikeT

User avatar

Posts: 7

185

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:10 am

Post Wed May 09, 2012 9:28 am

Re: A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

Pretty funny complaints when she does nothing now complaints when she does.

Mike
I'm with Smoke.
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Thu May 10, 2012 1:57 am

Re: A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

Lizard wrote:
palino_s wrote:
Lizard wrote:You don't get and I cannot make you understand, so I give you are right Danica is the best driver ever and we should all just bow to her.


Danica ISNT the best driver, she never been and she will not be.. Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon are best drivers in NASCAR..

I think you dont believe me, but I am also Tony's big fan.. But I remember some bad Tony's action, because he was temper hot head.. Danica also is temper hot head..

Believe or not Danica and Tony have some similarities in behavior - both temper hot heads, both spicy and sarcastic, both sometime said stupid thing and both say what think..


You stated the whole reason why she gets on my nerves, Tony backs up his attitude with skill. Danica backs up her attitude with being an media darling. Since I have been a Tony fan since back in the dirt track days BELIEVE me I know his tude, but he has the talent to back it up and learned the hard way that he needed to change things. Personally I think if Senior had not died Tony would be an even better driver because Senior would be there to put him in place when necessary. I forget, I think it was Darlington where Tony went off on Zippy during practice and Senior started pelting him with tire pellets. Tony need a bit more of that from someone who had the talent.
Thing is with Danica she just has the tude, but lacks the skill to back it up. I have tried and will try, but she is starting to be like she was in Indy and that is why I couldn't take her anymore.


Because she is media darling? Are you kidding me? No, media talks about drivers, who have many fans..

I remember one race in 1996.. It was Rockingham, 2nd race of Busch series and his 2nd NASCAR start.. Tony failed qualify.. Why? Because in this point he was BAD. But he was learning and improving his skills and he is now three time Cup champion..

Danica has 30+ NASCAR starts, she is learning and improving her skills.. But I remember - Tony also was mediocre after his 30+ NASCAR starts..
Last edited by palino_s on Thu May 10, 2012 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Thu May 10, 2012 3:05 am

Re: A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

wolfgang wrote:
palino_s wrote:
wolfgang wrote:There's no chance in being gullible here,it was clear the #12 had a RF tire going down and if you watch how Danica reacts to it,it appears much differant than it would if most anyone else was behind the #12.The lack of experiance maybe,i'd go more with the fact she's there for entertainment only. :mrgreen: Sorry,i agree Sam isn't the greatest stock car driver and he has been involved in several instances before because of that,but not this time.The only thing i see is the same old Danica i seen in the IRL and Nascar will not step in anymore than the IRL did.The Kyle and Ron incident was alot differant than this,but i will say Sam is much further ahead in points than Danica and showing considerable improvement.Danica has had alot of bad luck this year,so i couldn't say we've seen her best yet,after all,she did once finish in the top five one year in the IRL,over her teammates,one being Marco and we all know how well he drives. :lol: Well if you say Sam has more experiance in Nascar,ok i'll go with that,but we don't want to compare IRL now do weeeee?


wtf? Once again Sam said he had 2 laps flat tire.. That mean he made 5 miles on 190+ without problems? I do not believe he had flat tire.. I know she is learning.. And about Sam - Montoya and Allmendinger show more improvement than Sam..

I do not compare IRL, because we talks about NASCAR, but if talks about her former teamates second her teamate was Tony Kanaan former champion..

Yes,the tire was going down and wasn't flat at that point.Yes ,Tony was Danicas teammate as so was Marcos Andretti.Montoya is the biggest joke in Nascar,ay! Paul Tracey would have brought alot more color to Nascar,but he didn't care for it.Tony Stewart is the only one so far from the IRL that has impressed me,to be honest.


If you have flat tire or your tire is going down, you have puncture.. Sometimes tire slow down, because tire has small puncture, air leaks slower and pressure is slower down.. But if you go faster, air leaks faster and pressure is faster down.. If you losing pressure from tire car is going slower..

For example - Jeff Gordon had flat tire in this year Martinsville's race.. He runs 10 or 15 laps (5 to 8 miles) on 95+ and his tire was going slow down.. Every lap he was slower and slower.. If is true - Sam was going 2 laps (5 miles) on 190+ without problem.. He was going on full speed, that means he didnt problem with losing pressure in his tires.. But his tire was going slow down, because air from his air tire was leaking slowly.. And dont forget he was very fast.. If this true Sam broke some laws of Physics and he also have better tire management than Jeff Gordon..

Problem of open wheelers in NASCAR is they went straight to Cup.. But NASCAR is very different from IndyCar (formula one and etc..).. Open wheel driver must learn to new driving style and new type of car.. Tony was learning 3 and half years (first three in busch serries).. Tracy never raced full season.. Montoya isnt joke, his boss is joke.. Ganassi is average team.. Juan doesnt finish his transition, because he doesnt forget some habits from open wheels race..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Lizard

User avatar

Posts: 684

180

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Post Thu May 10, 2012 10:44 am

Re: A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

Look this is one of those that it's time to agree to disagree because there is no way to make someone see what is there when they just don't want to see it.

If Danica had the talent to go with the attitude she would be looked at differently, fact is she didn't have it Indy and she doesn't have it in NASCAR(time will tell if she can learn, but since she is starting with her attitude again I am losing hope).
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

futura64

User avatar

Posts: 530

405

Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:12 am

Location: Central Texas

Post Thu May 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

Aw now Lizard, I disagree. Hey, I'm an old codger. I followed Foyt all through his racing career, was a big fan of his. Then when he and all those guys he raced with retired, I started following Earnhardt in Nascar. They both had certain traits in common that I found appealing. They had attitudes. They were/are both independent and firey. They will/would give an honest answer about what they truly think/thought, and they weren't/aren't willing to take any crap from anybody.

After Earnhardt died, I no longer followed racing at the big time levels. Just simply didn't watch the stuff. There was nobody I was interested in looking at. Shoot, I didn't even bother to turn the TV on for the Indy 500 in 2005. Hadn't watched it in years. Then I heard about this little AMERICAN girl who had done so well in it. That got my attention. Admittedly at first it was out of curiosity and the novelty of it. But then the more I paid attention, the more appealing she became to me. ####, I actually started going to Indycar races because of her. Now, I've just gone to my first ever Nascar race recently because of her.

What is it about her I find appealing? No, not the sexy part, I got kids her age. What appealed to me was her feisty attitude, her candor and her unwillingness to take anybody's crap. Sound familiar? Is she a good driver? Sure she is. No one gets to the levels she has driven without a lot of talent. Will she ever become a great driver? Probably not, those types come along very, very seldom. Doesn't matter though. She has already blazed a trail others are following, whether they will admit it or not. She's already in plenty of record books. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy watching and rooting for her, along with several million other of her fans as long as she wants to race, and I'll keep showing up now and then to watch her when she races down here in Texas.
Last edited by futura64 on Thu May 10, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BudmaninTx
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Thu May 10, 2012 3:40 pm

Re: A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

Lizard wrote:Look this is one of those that it's time to agree to disagree because there is no way to make someone see what is there when they just don't want to see it.
posting.php?mode=quote&f=13&p=36269
If Danica had the talent to go with the attitude she would be looked at differently, fact is she didn't have it Indy and she doesn't have it in NASCAR(time will tell if she can learn, but since she is starting with her attitude again I am losing hope).


Danica began raving at age ten and won hundreds of go kart races and won championships.
At age 16 she got picked up by a team and moved to england. She raced against Formula One champion Jenson Button for three years. She raced Formula Fords, and finished second in the British Ford festival, the highest finish any female has had there.

From 2003 to 2004 she raced in Formula Atlantics. She never won. But she was a consistent podium finisher and finished 3rd in points in 2004.

In 2005 she became the first woman to lead in the Indy 500. She became the second woman to win a pole. She finished 12th in points, was rookie of the race in the Indy 500, and rookie of the year.

In 2006 she improved to 9th in points. In 2007 she finished 7th.

Now for 2008 when she became the first and thus far only female to win a race in any major circuit racing series. She finished sixth in points.

2009 was her most consistent season. She finished fifth in points ahead of all her teammates and any non Penske/Ganassi driver.

2010 and 2011 she finished 10th in points. Those were the season when she was racing part time in the nationwide series. Any driver who does that isn't going to be at their best. Tony didn't win the season he raced in the nw series and the IRL, Sam Hornish Jr only won once in his last season in the IRL as he was racing in some nw races too.

Her Indy 500 starts are fourth, eighth, eighth, 22nd, third, sixth, and tenth. That's an average finish of 7.2.

All drivers who make it to the top are talented. Danica is no exception. She has shown her talent in the past. I don't get how you see her IRL career. She had an overall good career. Roger Penske said that if she was in one of his cars or Chip's cars that she won have been a consistent winner. Fact is in the IRL if you are not in a Penske or Ganassi car you will not win (Penske has won the first four race this year). When she came to Andretti Autosport they were falling behind those two teams even further. Aside from Kanann people outside of Penske and Ganassi have either two or one wins (Marco Andretti has two wins, Graham Rahal has one, Justin Wilson has two, Ryan Hunter Reay is the exception he has three wins, Mike Conway has one win, Ed Carpenter has one win).
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Thu May 10, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8090

Images: 0
4833

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Thu May 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

as far as laying facts and figures out to prove a point, it really wont help anything, if someone doesnt like a driver, nothing will change it, i can sit hear and harp on what JJ did for the last 10 years, but 95% of this site could really gives a horses hole, they will still dislike him for whatever reason, and nothing can change that.

personally i dont have anything against her, i do have a problem with ESPN or FOX shoving her down our throats when she has not done anything in nascar, at time her attitude rubs me the wrong way, but thats my hang up, and im aloud to feel that way, i think this topic can be revisited at the end of the year and the topic of whether she can drive in the NW series can be discussed.
Image
<<

adny1030

User avatar

Posts: 95

230

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Location: NY, NY

Post Thu May 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Re: A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

michaeljohn wrote:as far as laying facts and figures out to prove a point, it really wont help anything, if someone doesnt like a driver, nothing will change it, i can sit hear and harp on what JJ did for the last 10 years, but 95% of this site could really gives a horses hole, they will still dislike him for whatever reason, and nothing can change that.

personally i dont have anything against her, i do have a problem with ESPN or FOX shoving her down our throats when she has not done anything in nascar, at time her attitude rubs me the wrong way, but thats my hang up, and im aloud to feel that way, i think this topic can be revisited at the end of the year and the topic of whether she can drive in the NW series can be discussed.



Perfectly said!
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Thu May 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Re: A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

It's not a matter of liking a driver. But I feel everyone should respect all these drivers. I don't like JJ, Kyle or JPM. But I would never diss their driving skills (even JPM he is one #### of a driver better then most just lacks common sense).

When you make it to the top of whatever field your in wither it's Cup, NFL, IRL, MLB etc you've accomplished what most dream of. If your able to win a race, you've proven that you have what it takes. It's too early to judge Danica in NASCAR. She doesn't even a full season of NW under her belt. Perhaps it's because we live in a time of instant gratification. NASCAR racing is hard. And she is figuring that out. She'll be fine. I don't like how she is being rushed to Cup. Tony is going to owe a few more seasons for her to really do anything.

Like JJ says "you don't have to like me, but respect me." I agree with him with that. And once again I don't even like JJ.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8090

Images: 0
4833

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Thu May 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

i dont even know if that is up to tony, something tells me godaddy will have the last word, but i do feel that she will be replacing ryan in the future, just the vibe i get, because there are so many conflicting reports on whether he has or has not a contract with SHR.
Image
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Thu May 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Re: A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

I couldn't see Tony letting Ryan go. Next to Bobby Labonte, Ryan is probably the best teammate Tony had. And I am sure Tony tops Ryan's list (Rusty Wallace, Kurt Busch, Travis Kvapil?).

And I think Tony knows Danica is going to struggle a bit off the gate, so he will need a teammate who can keep making him better.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
PreviousNext

Return to Danica

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER