FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Ricky Bobby at "DEGA"....??...

<<

Annalee

Post Sat May 05, 2012 11:37 am

Ricky Bobby at "DEGA"....??...

Kurt Busch duplicated the fictional stock car of Ricky Bobby! Rather than have a blank car because of lack of funding, his girlfriend came up with this idea. Wish I could find a picture of it to post. Yesterday in the garage area, Kurt was channeling Ricky Bobby and was pretty funny.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat May 05, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Ricky Bobby at "DEGA"....??...

i know this is off topic a tad, but i noticed all these small teams like TBR, Front Row, are picking up sponsors and the 51 is struggling to do that, could it be that he bein kurt isnt that well liked and reason why they cant get a sponsor?

there are pics all over fb ill track one down
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat May 05, 2012 11:43 am

I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat May 05, 2012 12:20 pm

I think that's hilarious

There are a couple of pictures on Jayski. I'd post them but I don't remember how... :oops:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Lizard

Post Sat May 05, 2012 12:59 pm

From Jayski:

Getting permission to bring the movie car to life was no easy task. Busch's girlfriend, Patricia Driscoll, is the head of the Armed Forces Foundation and approached team owner James Finch with an idea to run a Talladega Nights car while raising awareness for her organization, which does charitable work with armed services members suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. Driscoll worked behind the scenes for two months to get approval for the car, which was far more complicated than you might imagine. After lower-level execs at Sony Pictures rejected the idea, Driscoll pulled some strings and finally got the studio's president on the phone. "He was like, 'Yes! This is an awesome idea. Let's do this!'" she said. But even after Sony approved, there were still others who had to sign on. For example:
• The picture of the cougar on the car is actually "Karen," the cougar who co-starred in the movie. Because Busch's car needed to use the photo, Driscoll had to get permission from Karen's handler - and the photographer who took the picture for the hood.
• Every company whose logo appeared on the movie car had to agree not to be on the real-life version.
• Will Ferrell's people had to agree to Busch's use of the car.
And finally, Finch had to agree as well. It took until Monday to get the team owner to sign off on the idea after some initial hesitation. Busch and his crew plan to drop lines from the movie over the team radio all weekend, which will include referring to crew chief Nick Harrison as "Lucius Washington." Driscoll joked about Busch's often-vitriolic radio communications by saying it was the one time where he would actually WANT fans to listen.

Why do I get the idea that there are some lower exec's at Sony who are saying, darn we could have gotten credit but were stupid(reminds me of M&M's saying no for ET and Reese's Pieces saying #### yes).

I think they are trying to get creative to draw positive attention to Kurt and get sponsors to notice as well.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat May 05, 2012 9:29 pm

That's a cool looking car.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Smokesprincess

Post Sun May 06, 2012 9:30 pm

My Favorite Movie of ALL TIME!!!!!!!! I luv seeing it...not much of Kurt fan..but every time we saw it the kids and I kept reciting lines....SHAKE & BAKE...lol hey I made that for dinner.....lmao :lol: :lol:
The greatest thing in life is doing what people say you cannot do! (Unknown)

Return to NASCAR & Racing