FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony settles for third

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: Tony settles for third

Schmoopy1000 wrote:you guys eat up the media crap.
Several drivers reported debris. Including Ryan Newman. I am actually sitting here laughing at the fact you guys are blaming Carl for the yellow. LOL

I know there is some Tony fans that recognize the problems with the 39 team, but for those tony fans that think differently, I am laughing at those of you that are mad because Tony lost a single spot in the pits. That will happen from time to time. Losing only one spot for Ryans team is a good pit stop for the #39.

Dont know how Tony's car was handling that last brief run, but if his car was as good as before. He doesnt spin his tires he would have gotten the lead back. If his car wasnt as good as before. Then he would have gotten passed by Kyle anyways.

BTW the yellow did suck for Tony & his fans. If I were a fan I would be upset over the yellow as well. (Although I would be smart enough not to blame Carl for it)

Not sure who is blaming Carl for the caution though he was one of a few drivers to report debris. All drivers do this.

Yes we are mad that he lost a spot on pit road. It was the lead during the money stop. It was included in a string of things that cost him the race. I understand it wasn't nearly as bad as Ryan's crew was all night. I followed Ryan's progress a bit and his pit crew SUCKS but Tony's pit crew is still inconsistent. Losing a spot on pit road isn't bad, but if it is the lead on the money stop it is.

Tony's car was a rocketship before then. Kyle said that Tony deserved to win the race hands down that Tony was putting a tenth on him a lap. Tony wasn't particularly strong on restarts, and not being the leader after his crew lost him a spot on pit road made it worse.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:48 pm

if i was kyle i would say the same thing, bottom line, tony was spinnin his tires all nite on restarts, if that was such a problem, it should have been fixed, hundreds of races have been decided by a caution flag, it is just how it goes.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Well, I don't think Carl caused the last caution. And, if nothing else, the fans got what they wanted... drama, drama and more drama.

It was a good race, Tony did great and I for one noticed that quite a few championship caliber teams had problems on pit road last night, NOT just Tony's team. Tony's problem with spinning the tires to at almost every restart was not good either! There was controversy, cautions, emotion, and some dang good racing. No one should be complaining about it, but we all should be talking about it and just excited for next week! It's going to make for an interesting 'Dega race next weekend and now I'm really really looking forward to being at Darlington too! It should be well worth the money I'm spending to travel down there!
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:Kyle said that Tony deserved to win the race hands down that Tony was putting a tenth on him a lap. Tony wasn't particularly strong on restarts, and not being the leader after his crew lost him a spot on pit road made it worse.

And lets not forget that his crew and even Tony said they were better on LONG runs. Sorry, but do the math... if you're better on long runs, a caution comes out with 12 laps to go and you pit for fresh tires... my guess is you are going to suck. I think that played a huge part in it as well.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

smokinTA

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:you guys eat up the media crap.
Several drivers reported debris. Including Ryan Newman. I am actually sitting here laughing at the fact you guys are blaming Carl for the yellow. LOL

I know there is some Tony fans that recognize the problems with the 39 team, but for those tony fans that think differently, I am laughing at those of you that are mad because Tony lost a single spot in the pits. That will happen from time to time. Losing only one spot for Ryans team is a good pit stop for the #39.

Dont know how Tony's car was handling that last brief run, but if his car was as good as before. He doesnt spin his tires he would have gotten the lead back. If his car wasnt as good as before. Then he would have gotten passed by Kyle anyways.

BTW the yellow did suck for Tony & his fans. If I were a fan I would be upset over the yellow as well. (Although I would be smart enough not to blame Carl for it)

Hey Schmoopy, really feel bad for you and the all the #39 fans out there. Reading some of your posts last night was sometimes painful…and some were quite hilarious. The wrappers, the whole hot dogs, heck, even the hot dog stand was thrown on the track along with a cat or two. (Smokie, you missing any? :( )

I do want to Thank You for all the race updates you gave, I really appreciated that. :)

We Tony fans are upset and we’re posting our frustrations just like you do yours. I don’t like the media for the most part, I only pay attention to a small handful and I, for one, do not buy into the cr@p they write. I did locate some interesting tweets, though.

I discovered that you can research tweets from the race last night. Below is a sampling of what I found.

16h Joe Menzer ‏ @OneMenz Kyle Busch just beat Tony Stewart off pit road and will take the lad at Richmond. Stewart had bad pit stop. #nascar

16h Joe Menzer ‏ @OneMenz Lap 386 of scheduled 400, caution out for debris in Turn 2. Money stops coming up. #nascar

16h Joe Menzer ‏ @OneMenz Leader Stewart just put Carl Edwards a lap down. What had been a mundane race sure heated up with all that confusion. #nascar

16h Joe Menzer ‏ @OneMenz With three cars on the lead lap and as the only car that pit, the 99 could not come off pit road the leader. Every driver knew 14 leader

16h Jim Utter ‏ @jim_utter @cmckee99 spotter do not have direct communication with nascar officials via radio, sorry

In reply to chris mckee
16h Jim Utter ‏ @jim_utter Oh also, it was the 99 that reported the debris that brought out the final caution.

16h Jim Utter ‏ @jim_utter @wbahner there was only one team confused

Bob Pockrass ‏ @bobpockrass Caution for debris ... Edwards gets free pass. #nascar

Bob Pockrass ‏ @bobpockrass Carl wants #NASCAR to throw the caution and put him back as the leader if they made a mistake.

@RCR31JeffBurton @AllWaltrip @mattyocum Carl throws his water bottle out on track practically every week.& jpm ran over it 1 race. Legal?

See, my frustrations stem from poor sportsmanship (and of course, cheating). Carl was definitely a poor sportsman last night! He is so not the media darling that he is portrayed to be and it really irritates me that he tried to play so naive.

Flipper knew darn well he was not the leader and he got his just deserves. Instead of racing Tony for the lead and finish 1st or 2nd, he ended up 10th. Gotta love it! :mrgreen:
Last edited by smokinTA on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

Smokesprincess

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Yes it was frustrating and Yes I am sure Tony was ####...but that is Tony, his passion for the sport comes out. And as his fan we feel for him and if you ever raced and could taste the win, and lose no matter what the reason... it is a very hard pill to swollow. I am very proud of his efforts last night and IMO I do feel like we have a championship team and like everything we just need to tweek a little and we will be in the chase, mark my words. I have had quite a number of "discussions" about the race last night and today and I will tell you what the one thing I have said all day.

"If he comes in 1st...3rd...or 43rd....he is still a winner he still can race the #### out of ANYTHING you put him in and he has the titles to prove it. Few men have accomplished what he has and few men will!"

Ok I'm off my soapbox.... :D
The greatest thing in life is doing what people say you cannot do! (Unknown)
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Least we had a new winner and Jr. made things a a little exciting for a breif moment! Harvicks crew really sucked,so i wouldn't feel so sorry for Tony,is what it is.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:46 pm

wolfgang wrote:Least we had a new winner and Jr. made things a a little exciting for a breif moment! Harvicks crew really sucked,so i wouldn't feel so sorry for Tony,is what it is.

Harvick wasn't in contention in the end. Tony was. There is a difference. As Tony Stewart fans were not happy when a chance at another victory gets taken away.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:03 pm

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:Kyle said that Tony deserved to win the race hands down that Tony was putting a tenth on him a lap. Tony wasn't particularly strong on restarts, and not being the leader after his crew lost him a spot on pit road made it worse.

And lets not forget that his crew and even Tony said they were better on LONG runs. Sorry, but do the math... if you're better on long runs, a caution comes out with 12 laps to go and you pit for fresh tires... my guess is you are going to suck. I think that played a huge part in it as well.

...finally, someone who ACTUALLY paid attention to the race. Fact is, the bad pit stop didn't cost him nor did him spinning the tires on restarts...the caution, and timing there of did. It took 10-15 laps for Tony's car to "come in" on new tires...did all night. How many restarts did Carl slowly pull away from Tony for about 10 laps or so...then around 15 or so the interval would stabilize, then by 20 laps he'd start reelin'em back in and take the lead back? Even if was a perfect pitstop and restart, Kyle woulda' been around him in 2-3 laps...tops.

Now, same things happen(bad stop/restart) with the caution coming 30 or more laps out...the F-ups STILL wouldn't have mattered 'cause Tony woulda' had time for the car to come back in and run down WHOEVER was out front...SWACK SWACK... ;) :mrgreen:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

LeslieO

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:17 am

Ooh, I need to stop reading those tweets. I had just talked myself into a much more calm outlook on the race. (But glad you posted them, smokinTA.) I told myself, heck, tons of races get decided by caution flags, don't even think about whether it was a "needed" caution or not, just calm down. And, there were other factors...the bad pit stop at the caution, etc. I've finally gotten myself to stop responding to that with "Wouldn't have mattered if not for that questionable caution!" by repeating "That's racing...things happen". Tony had the car to win, he was going to win, but then....things happened. It's happened to him before, it's happened to every driver before. Everyone will survive. Still stinks though. (Wanted to use a much stronger word there ;) )

This is not to say he shouldn't have been upset with the pit stops. That is a problem and needs to be addressed. (And no, his pit problems are not near what Ryan's are. I am very frustrated with that situation also.)

I didn't even think about the fact that I'd picked Kyle to win and was going to get back on track with a decent number of points until Sunday afternoon. :lol:
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:03 pm

I believe a lot in Karma! What goes around comes around, and it will come back and bite you! Ex. -Homestead!!

I love my scanner, I heard all the confusion about "Whose the leader", between Robert and whoever is Carl's spotter. That was all drummed up by someone on Carl's team. Hiring Steve Addington had a lot of people wondering why?!? I know why, he is decisive and he is on top of things all the time. He came on the scanner, and told Tony he WAS the leader and that they were playing games. If you don't think Carl and that group doesn't "(play games)",I have a "Bridge to Sell" you. My scanner is my new favorite toy, you hear things as they really happen, not like the announcers or NASCAR want you to hear. Those tweets came from people listening in on the scanners! Thanks for posting them Smokin TA! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:18 pm

Annalee wrote:I believe a lot in Karma! What goes around comes around, and it will come back and bite you! Ex. -Homestead!!

I love my scanner, I heard all the confusion about "Whose the leader", between Robert and whoever is Carl's spotter. That was all drummed up by someone on Carl's team. Hiring Steve Addington had a lot of people wondering why?!? I know why, he is decisive and he is on top of things all the time. He came on the scanner, and told Tony he WAS the leader and that they were playing games. If you don't think Carl and that group doesn't "(play games)",I have a "Bridge to Sell" you. My scanner is my new favorite toy, you hear things as they really happen, not like the announcers or NASCAR want you to hear. Those tweets came from people listening in on the scanners! Thanks for posting them Smokin TA! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Actually I heard that the 14 team said the officals told their spotter that Carl was the leader as well. Where as Addington took charge & told Tony no matter what Tony was the leader. So Tony didnt have to be confused with Nascars fubar. I wondered if the 99 team was misleading the meida as well, until Tonys team backed up the accustation of what the official at the spotters stand said.
So to me it sounds like Nascar trying to cover their #### instead of the 99 team.
Which either way he still left to early.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:03 pm

Schmoopy, I find it interesting that everyone else racing knew who the leader was but Carl. If Carl thought he was the leader why was he in the outside lane? The preferred lane of choice on restarts at Richmond is the bottom. :roll: :?: besides he left the pits right behind Tony! Carl is not that stupid.

I heard Robert on the scanner ask the official and that is when Steve came on said no Tony is the leader and he has chosen the bottom lane. I did not hear the official say Carl you are the leader! It is amazing what you learn on a Scanner.

I #Support Smoke
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Carl was jumping the start everytime he was up there and i wondered why it took officials so long to finally make the call? Tony was in the lead before the caution came out and as i recall,you maintain the postion you're in when the caution comes out. Larry Mac said,the electronic score monitor counted little eddie in the lead because he passed Tony during the caution? Tonys' pit stop was about two seconds slower than Kyles and Kyle also had a better pit position. The caution was brought out by a plastic water bottle,but to be sure it wasn't glass was the reason for the caution.The bottle had been glass and someone cut a tire,i guess i could see it,but if it were glass,i'd have to believe it would already be broken would'nt yah think? Regardless of the out come of the race,i don't think Tony should be so cridical about his pit crew,maybe he should swap with #39 team.LOL The reason i brought up the #29 was to compare,no Harvick was not a threat at the end cuz just about everytime he went in the pits,he lost positions,Tony only lost one,he spun the tires on the restart and chit happens! Tony still would not have won the race even if he came out of the pits first,the caution is what killed him.Regardless of the out come,i liked the restart and i also liked the NW race even better with Kyle and Denny.When JJ dominates a race,alot of people don't like it,i personally don't like it no matter who is doing it,i guess i just don't get how some people roll or maybe i do. :mrgreen:
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:03 pm

Tonight on RACEHUB they said it was a Coors can, but the official from the Debris truck brought a water bottle to Tony after the race ended. And in the post race interviews at the media center Tony thanked his Pit Crew and Steve for the best car he has ever had at Richmond.
I thought RCR had pit crew try outs about 2 weeks ago, maybe they will find some replacements for Kevin. He certainly needs some.

I #Support Smoke
PreviousNext

Return to Tony