FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony settles for third

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:50 pm

Tony settles for third

Most frustrating third ever. NASCAR throws a caution over a bottle, the pit crew loses the lead off of pit road, and Tony spins his tires. I guess what we can take from this is that Tony lead over 100 laps, had the race won, and if not for NASCAR would have won.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:12 am

Re: Tony settles for third

Really , I am thrilled Tony did so well. I thought he would be racing the start and parks. His car was incredible. I was so afraid he wouldn't do well after practices and qualifying. I know it wasn't what he wanted and the pit crew made a mistake but they usually do very well and things just happen. They will do better. :? ;)
The caution on the last laps was thrown over a stupid water bottle, that according to Steve wasn't even on the track racing part. It was on the top mixed in with the marbles. The official after the race brought the bottle to Tony to supposedly show him what the caution was thrown for. It is what it is! :x :x .
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

Smokesprincess

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:14 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:Most frustrating third ever.

Amen...and add all the drama with the 99......My poor Smoke...looks like Monday is not going to be a good day at SHR...
But 3rd or not HE IS ALWAYS A WINNER in my book......On to Dega.. 8-)
The greatest thing in life is doing what people say you cannot do! (Unknown)
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:44 am

Here's the article at Nascar.com http://www.nascar.com/news/120429/tstewart-pit-road-struggles-richmond/index.html that really seems to point to how much Zippy is still needed in his role at SHR. He really seems to play a key role in Tony's on camera reactions. I know someone else had posted the question about how key is a driver/cc relationship. Well, this article seems to confirm the fact that perhaps Zippy really is key to Tony finding that control over his emotions. I really didn't hear Addington named as the one keeping Tony under control. I thought it was a great race last night and disappointed or not, Tony ran like a champ.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

cslonewolf

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:06 am

Tony was not screwed by NASCAR!!!!!! If anyone was that would have been Carl Edwards. Tony's restarts were bad all night, thats what cost him that race, not the ill timed caution, or his crew. If Tony was running second or third any one of you would have been bitchin if the yellow wasn't thrown for that "stupid plastic water bottle". Tony needs to admit that he screwed that up no one else.
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:13 am

That's a good article. Tony has every right to be upset. The pit crew has no excuse not to have come out first off of pit road. Tony may have had bad restarts, but if he was the leader on the last restart, he could have held controlled it. The whole 99 thing was confusing, fox was (incorrectly) saying he was the leader, when Tony was actually the leader, so Carl did jump the start, and Tony made it look worse for him.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

smokinTA

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:33 am

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:Here's the article at Nascar.com http://www.nascar.com/news/120429/tstewart-pit-road-struggles-richmond/index.html that really seems to point to how much Zippy is still needed in his role at SHR. He really seems to play a key role in Tony's on camera reactions. I know someone else had posted the question about how key is a driver/cc relationship. Well, this article seems to confirm the fact that perhaps Zippy really is key to Tony finding that control over his emotions. I really didn't hear Addington named as the one keeping Tony under control. I thought it was a great race last night and disappointed or not, Tony ran like a champ.

Good article! I know the media is biased towards Ford and Flipper, but Good Golly Miss Molly! You really want to pi$$ off Tony, put him in a Ford. Did anyone notice off to the right of this article, Tony is listed in 3rd place in a FORD :shock:
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

im4tony

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Well Congrats to Tony for being 3rd even though he wasn't happy. Someone said it in an above post, Tony spun his tires and that made a huge difference too. I think Nascar just wanted a more interesting finish.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

smokinTA

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Another spin:

And then there's the last caution.

Tony Stewart said in his interview that a water bottle caused the last caution. That's right. A water bottle. Dale Earnhardt, Jr., in an interview with Wendy Venturini also made a claim that he would be upset if a water bottle ruined "my chance at a win."

Well guess who reported the "deBriS" (notice BS is capitalized) on the back straightaway? What would make this story more interesting? According to multiple NASCAR writers on twitter, it was the 99 that called in about the "deBriS" on the back straightaway!

A make up caution? Draw your own conclusions.

...and another reason why I just do not like Flipper! :evil:

Full article here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1165 ... o-the-race
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Great Article!
On the scanner Tony was upset, rightfully so! That water bottle came from a car not the stands! Kyle admits he could have never caught Tony if it hadn't been for the caution.. I was surprised at Tony's restarts, he is the master of restarts. You could tell he had restart problems all night. But his car was incredible, they dialed it in and NO ONE could have caught him! Thanks Steve and Zippy for the Best Car he has had on short tracks in a long, long time!
I don't care for flipper either :x What I did think was funny when Carl looked in his mirror and first saw Tony coming, I can just imagine! A replay of Carl's Homestead nightmare!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Tony had bad pit stops all night. I think they showed he lost 2 seconds on 2 or 3 pit stops. That really is pathetic. He controlled his temper, but he's been pretty good about that for the last couple of seasons.

Ugh, now on to Dega... The 2nd largest crapshoot of the season :shock: :P :roll:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:58 pm

The debris question has been a conflict for years. Sometimes it looks suspicious and then others it's the real thing. I know why Tony got so upset but he'll get over it. I remember one race when Jeff Gordon was accused of tossing something out his window as the caution gave him the oportunity to win the race. Of course he won. But his Karma is paying for few things. As for flipper I'm confinced he can look a person square in the eye and lie like crazy. In one of the quick interviews he couldn't think fast enough and had to blow it off. I couldn't understand what the problem was with him. He did jump the start period. We've all seen that penalty before....
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

smokinTA

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:08 pm

ndunn wrote:... As for flipper I'm confinced he can look a person square in the eye and lie like crazy. ....

So, so true! Sure wish I could read those twitter feeds, but I don't follow any of the media. To me they are just a bunch of air heads that don't even proof their articles before posting them. I want to know who posted Tony in a FORD!
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Wins are so hard to come by, Tony may make it look easy. But they are still hard, he a great shot at being the points leader when the chase starts. I just hope this race doesn't stop that from happening. Like he said this is the best he's ran at Richmond in a long time (other then a 2nd place in his first race with SHR here he hasn't been more then a top ten car in the 14). Just need some consistency on pit road when the money stop comes. This is a championship team, so them losing the lead on the money stop is inexcusable.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:38 pm

you guys eat up the media crap.
Several drivers reported debris. Including Ryan Newman. I am actually sitting here laughing at the fact you guys are blaming Carl for the yellow. LOL

I know there is some Tony fans that recognize the problems with the 39 team, but for those tony fans that think differently, I am laughing at those of you that are mad because Tony lost a single spot in the pits. That will happen from time to time. Losing only one spot for Ryans team is a good pit stop for the #39.

Dont know how Tony's car was handling that last brief run, but if his car was as good as before. He doesnt spin his tires he would have gotten the lead back. If his car wasnt as good as before. Then he would have gotten passed by Kyle anyways.

BTW the yellow did suck for Tony & his fans. If I were a fan I would be upset over the yellow as well. (Although I would be smart enough not to blame Carl for it)
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to Tony