FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Jo Long beats the Celebrities :)

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:59 pm

Jo Long beats the Celebrities :)

Johanna Long with her Rag tag team beat the highly Funded teams of the more known Celebrites we know as Danica & Pastrana. Not a single word had been whispered about her or her top 20, so I thought I would take the responsiblity to point this out to the Tabloids known as (insert name here)mania!
(you know she could use some limelight to attract sponsors too!)

Congrats JoLo!!! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Jo Long beats the Celebrities :)

she is doing great, i noticed her a few weeks ago, becomin a fan, as my avatar shows, she has only raced in 5 races, and is 30 points behind danica, who ran 7, i used danica as a refference point since she is a female.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:55 pm

Well now that MJ has recognized her she is sure to be on her way to becoming a media darling. Make it rain for her MJ.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:30 pm

you know it, i dont jump onto many drivers...........
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Johanna is doing a good job considering the equipment she is in. 2010 Snowball derby winner (though she had to spin out Landon Cassil to do it). I'd like to see how she would do in a better ride, but I feel there is a reason why no top owner has given her a chance.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:51 pm

a reason??? the girl isnt even 20 and she is out performing regulars, even the princess..........
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Jennifer Cobb-I love her! :mrgreen:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

Lizard

Post Tue May 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:Johanna is doing a good job considering the equipment she is in. 2010 Snowball derby winner (though she had to spin out Landon Cassil to do it). I'd like to see how she would do in a better ride, but I feel there is a reason why no top owner has given her a chance.

First what MJ said, second because she is and wants to be a driver not a poster girl.
And if it was a guy the whole "she had to spin out" would not even be mentioned; she executed a move it's a part of racing.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Annalee

Post Tue May 01, 2012 5:01 pm

Ryan Blaney and Johanna Long are the future of NASCAR. Both are in underfunded race teams and can finish as well as they did, just think what would happen if they had real sponsorship and Hendrick engines. ;)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue May 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Lizard wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:Johanna is doing a good job considering the equipment she is in. 2010 Snowball derby winner (though she had to spin out Landon Cassil to do it). I'd like to see how she would do in a better ride, but I feel there is a reason why no top owner has given her a chance.

First what MJ said, second because she is and wants to be a driver not a poster girl.
And if it was a guy the whole "she had to spin out" would not even be mentioned; she executed a move it's a part of racing.

It has nothing to do with her sex, anyone who spins another driver out for a win in wrong unless that is some sort of pay back. Cassil had passed her cleanly and she wrecked him. Not that I am holding that against her. John King wrecked Johnny Sauter to win the trucks race at Daytona Johanna wishes she had Danica's resume.

I didn't realize that a 20th place finish in the nationwide series was something special. She is a good little driver and with more seasons will get better, but don't let your hate of Danica make Johanna out to be something she isn't yet.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue May 01, 2012 8:11 pm

just keep in mind buddy tony has taken people out, every driver does it if they wanna win, you tend to give facts if they suit you, no one said this is a danica/ jo thing, and if you wanna make it out to be that, danica should be setting the world on fire compared to jo, but she isnt, only time danica has a good finish is fuel milage, and as i stated before, jo has only been in 5 races and is 30 points behind danica who has run the full 7, so that in itself is saying she is out performing danica :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue May 01, 2012 8:51 pm

michaeljohn wrote:just keep in mind buddy tony has taken people out, every driver does it if they wanna win, you tend to give facts if they suit you, no one said this is a danica/ jo thing, and if you wanna make it out to be that, danica should be setting the world on fire compared to jo, but she isnt, only time danica has a good finish is fuel milage, and as i stated before, jo has only been in 5 races and is 30 points behind danica who has run the full 7, so that in itself is saying she is out performing danica :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thats my bad MJ.
I made it a Danica/Jo thing. It wasnt that Jo Long finished 20th. It was she beat out the celebrity Hype teams (not just Danica but Pastrana too) with her peanut funded team. The media hypes of these teams, so I figured I would hype up JoLo. her team has no business beating those highly funded teams (barring wrecks & such) so I might point this out everytime she does it, from now on out. it is not hating on Danica. It is hating on the hype machines. Although. A top 20 with that 70 team is worthy of noting on its own. The hype machines makes a big deal how well Danica does 3 laps down finishing in the late 20's. So the Schmoop's Hype machine can big deal a top 20 for the tiny 70 team.

So MJ this is my fault. I will take full responsibility for pointing out the little team that could, just beat the celebrities. So all the JoLo haters (did you like the spin on that) can be mad at me when she out performs the celebrities.

Stay tuned, we could have a new thread as early as next week :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue May 01, 2012 10:36 pm

you spoke the truth Sch..... only one person disagrees with it, here, he wants to compare a driver who has 10 years more experience behind the wheel, but if he chooses to use that as his argument, it will defeat him, were talking about a under funded team, going against JRM, and HMS power, head to head, danica has a 19th avg place finish, while Jo has a 21st, so for all the experience this person speaks of, she is under performing....
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue May 01, 2012 11:02 pm

michaeljohn wrote:just keep in mind buddy tony has taken people out, every driver does it if they wanna win, you tend to give facts if they suit you, no one said this is a danica/ jo thing, and if you wanna make it out to be that, danica should be setting the world on fire compared to jo, but she isnt, only time danica has a good finish is fuel milage, and as i stated before, jo has only been in 5 races and is 30 points behind danica who has run the full 7, so that in itself is saying she is out performing danica :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Where to be start with this

Yes all drivers have taken out another driver, doesn't make it right.

I personally like Johanna Long, I've been taking note of her long before most members here have. I am not even saying that Danica is "so much" of a better driver then her. Just this Danica hate crap is getting old and lame. Everyone seems to really hate because of what the media created, not her. Is it unjust that Johanna gets Long gets no screen time while Patrick does? Absolutely. But that is ESPN for you. All networks are biased.

Danica is not setting the world on fire by no means, but she is still learning. Plus JRM is no where close to where they need to need performing wise and they know it. Johanna has more stock car experience then Danica as well. But to say she is out performing Danica is funny. Don't forget some of the issues Patrick has faced this year getting wrecked at Daytona, blowing up at Auto for starters. So the fact that she is 30 points behind her means much (after Bristol Brian Vickers was 17 points behind Kasey Kahne so Vickers better then Kahne???). There really isn't a difference from 20th to 21st. Danica is still pretty much a raw rookie, but unlike Johanna has unreasonable expectations set on her.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Lizard

Post Fri May 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:

thats my bad MJ.
I made it a Danica/Jo thing. It wasnt that Jo Long finished 20th. It was she beat out the celebrity Hype teams (not just Danica but Pastrana too) with her peanut funded team. The media hypes of these teams, so I figured I would hype up JoLo. her team has no business beating those highly funded teams (barring wrecks & such) so I might point this out everytime she does it, from now on out. it is not hating on Danica. It is hating on the hype machines. Although. A top 20 with that 70 team is worthy of noting on its own. The hype machines makes a big deal how well Danica does 3 laps down finishing in the late 20's. So the Schmoop's Hype machine can big deal a top 20 for the tiny 70 team.

So MJ this is my fault. I will take full responsibility for pointing out the little team that could, just beat the celebrities. So all the JoLo haters (did you like the spin on that) can be mad at me when she out performs the celebrities.

Stay tuned, we could have a new thread as early as next week :mrgreen:

Actually, Schmoopy I take full responsibility because I made a comment in regards to the fact that Johanna Long would rather be known as a driver and not a poster girl. I forgot that pointing out facts gets someone called a hater.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart

Return to NASCAR & Racing