FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

change comin to bristol

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:38 pm

change comin to bristol

just read on nascar.com that bristol is getting rid of the progressive banking and going back to what it use to be, personally im glad, i thought it was better racing.
Last edited by michaeljohn on Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: a new bristol going back in time..........

michaeljohn wrote:just read on nascar.com that bristol is getting rid of the progressive banking and going back to what it use to be, personally im glad, i thought it was better racing.

are they just straightening the progressive banking, or are they gonna move it back up to 36 degrees?
Because if they are just getting rid of the progressive banking, then it wont be like the old bristol, because they flattened it down from the original banking when they redid it.
It was the highest banked race track before. Where now it isnt.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: a new bristol going back in time..........

i re-read it and they are grinding down the top groove, it wont be 36 degrees, but it will be about 30 degrees, im guessing from the picture.
<<

smokeshowJOE

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Re: change comin to bristol

I think this pretty much sounds the death knell for stock car racing in North America. The "sport", read "those who profit from the racer-tainment", is severely strapped for fans. According to Bruton's self-serving poll the fans want wrecks. It won't be long until the remainder of his, and following suit, ISC's, tracks will "re-configure" for "more exciting racing". :( I wonder how long it will take before the first track "re-configuration" resembles 7+1? :roll: Maybe some loops, ala Hot Wheels......steel cages, ala WWE......fan voting, ala "reality" TV......points awarded for "most YouTube views".....

RIP, racing.
_ . . | . || . _ | . . _ . | . . . . _ | _ . . _ | _ _ . |
_ . . _ . | . . . . .
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:42 pm

There was no way they were going to get it back to it's former glory. I feel it's going to be similar to Bristol's former glory but not the same. They took one the best tracks in the sport and have mutated it. The new Bristol wasn't bad, just not what fans expect from Bristol. Those who say that the fans who prefer the old Bristol want to see more wrecks are wrong. The old Bristol had beating and banging, it put drivers out of their comfort zone and created excitement. The fans just haven't responded to this Bristol. Who can blame them NASCAR adversities beating, banging, rubbing and intense racing. The best races at Bristol were ones like when Jeff Gordon bumped Rusty Wallace in the spring and fall races, Kurt Busch bumping Jimmy Spencer for his first career win, Kurt bumping Matt for his first win with Penske, Kyle Busch and Jeff Burton racing to the line in the last race on the old surface, the list goes on. JJ wasn't so good on the old surface so there is a plus.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

austin024

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:There was no way they were going to get it back to it's former glory. I feel it's going to be similar to Bristol's former glory but not the same. They took one the best tracks in the sport and have mutated it. The new Bristol wasn't bad, just not what fans expect from Bristol. Those who say that the fans who prefer the old Bristol want to see more wrecks are wrong. The old Bristol had beating and banging, it put drivers out of their comfort zone and created excitement. The fans just haven't responded to this Bristol. Who can blame them NASCAR adversities beating, banging, rubbing and intense racing. The best races at Bristol were ones like when Jeff Gordon bumped Rusty Wallace in the spring and fall races, Kurt Busch bumping Jimmy Spencer for his first career win, Kurt bumping Matt for his first win with Penske, Kyle Busch and Jeff Burton racing to the line in the last race on the old surface, the list goes on. JJ wasn't so good on the old surface so there is a plus.

Is every post you make gotta dis Jj in some sort of way?

I am who I am, If you dont like me. You Can kiss my ####
<<

BevAnn

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:54 pm

...but I really like Hot Wheels. :?
You ain't nobody unless you've been boo'ed sometime - Bob Dylan

Return to NASCAR & Racing