FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What's with all the fat jokes?

<<

Annalee

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Re: What's with all the fat jokes?

SS 14, you are on to something! He's in control! ;)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Lizard

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:54 pm

It does bother me when he gets ripped on for being fat, because he is not. Yes, he had a couple of years where he was carrying a bit more beer gut but I think that was in his final years at JGR and he was not happy with how he was performing, the change to Toyota and Coach and JD not allowing him to race whenever he wanted to outside of Cup. Tony is never going to be the fitness freak like Carl or JJ and he readily admits it which makes him an easy target. Tony's workout regiment is more of racing as much and as often as he can, which has obviously been working for him the last few years. I think it shows a lot of strength in who he is that he can say what he says, but I do sometimes wonder if it is a reaction to say it before someone else does.

I love my Tony whether skinny as he was back in his younger days, his heavier days at JGR or the way he is now. The only thing I never want to see on him again is that long girlie hair he had going for a while where he was using his sunglasses at a headband.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

azk8ster

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:29 am

Speaking as one who is not only fat, but morbidly obese, i can tell you why i think he jokes about his weight: it's less hurtful when you hear the words coming out of your own mouth than out of others'. You try to beat the other to the punch line (as well as the punch bowl, ba da BING!).

See how easy it is?

it becomes a part of who you are, it's like your next breath. i honestly believe some people really don't realize they do it. others, like myself, do it because for whatever reason, it seems to make those we're talking to more comfortable, and maybe even fools them into thinking that we're really ok with how we are.

I hope Tony is really, truly comfortable with how he is (and in my opinion, he should be, except i'd LOVE to have him grow his hair long again, sorry Lizard, haha!)

that, friends, is my 2 cents....
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:57 am

azk8ster wrote: others, like myself, do it because for whatever reason, it seems to make those we're talking to more comfortable, and maybe even fools them into thinking that we're really ok with how we are.

Thank you for that brave and honest answer. I believe you hit it on the head. I didn't think about it that way. My sister says stuff like that all the time and it truly ticks me off. She is who she is and no matter what, she's my flesh and blood and I love her. I guess until we've had to walk in each others shoes, no one has a right to judge and even then what business is it of ours if it's because of lifestyle choice or an underlying medical problem? Ok, I think between everyone on here my question has been answered.

Anyway, thank you but I do have to disagree with the long hair! 8-)
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
Previous

Return to Tony