3…Kasey Kahne
4…Landon Cassill
5…Dale Earnhardt Jr.
6…Ryan Newman
7…Tony Stewart
8…AJ Allmendinger
9…Travis Kvapil
10.Jeff Gordon

I see a few interesting names in the top 10 for a practice that we would not normally see. Looks like Tony and Ryan both had a good practice as well. It will be interesting to see what the next practice brings considering looking at this one has 3 out of 4 Hendrick cars in the top 10.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: Kansas - Practice and Qualifying

beaverpond wrote:1…Kyle Busch
2…Carl Edwards
3…Kasey Kahne
4…Landon Cassill
5…Dale Earnhardt Jr.
6…Ryan Newman
7…Tony Stewart
8…AJ Allmendinger
9…Travis Kvapil
10.Jeff Gordon

I see a few interesting names in the top 10 for a practice that we would not normally see. Looks like Tony and Ryan both had a good practice as well. It will be interesting to see what the next practice brings considering looking at this one has 3 out of 4 Hendrick cars in the top 10.

The fastest lap I dont feel as important as a ten lap average. Jayski used to give those times, but since they went new & improved, they dont have it anymore. What is up with all these improvements making things worse?
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:56 pm

They were talking in the first practice that some of the drivers were shutting down like the finish line was just past turn 4 because of the weather forecast for tomorrow's quals. They start at noon and it's supposed to be really warm so the drivers want to go out earlier rather than later. The speeds are faster for the 2nd practice so I guess the broadcasters were right.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Tony just kissed the wall. :( No real damage, just cosmetic. Ryan is going to be on Trackside tonight, that should be really good. I just love his sense of humor. ;)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

smokeshowJOE

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:40 pm

The fastest lap I dont feel as important as a ten lap average. Jayski used to give those times, but since they went new & improved, they dont have it anymore. What is up with all these improvements making things worse?

Jayski is pretty much a team press release list now, no more "Ask the NASCAR Insiders", Mad Mikie had to get his own site (maybe Laidbackracin was threatened otherwise???), many columns & blogs that weren't France-centric are gone -- in other words, the little dictator (Brainless Zero) has, after paying lip service to being sensitive to the fans (Citizen Media Farce), begun once again to reign-in any and all opposition. Don't expect to see Little Richard (Kyle P) around much longer, nor (hopefully, IMHO) Mr. Exhibitionist (or something like that).

It is ~1735 CDT, and I tuned in to Trackside a few minutes ago. Saw Wendy V. (one of the few lamestream media types I actually liked) as emcee of some cheese-identifying contest with Rutledge "Why am I Here?" Wood and others as contestants. I'll turn the TV back on when the NHL playoff coverage begins in a bit. Can't wait 'til 0600 CDT tomorrow for live coverage of F1 practice in Bahrain!!
_ . . | . || . _ | . . _ . | . . . . _ | _ . . _ | _ _ . |
_ . . _ . | . . . . .
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Practice #2

1…Jimmie Johnson
2…Mark Martin
3…Greg Biffle
4…Brad Keselowski
5…Sam Hornish Jr.
6…Carl Edwards
7…Jeff Burton
8…David Reutimann
9…Paul Menard
10.Darl Earnhardt Jr.

The reason for me creating this thread was I don't always get to see the practices or the final results at the end of each practice.
Image Image

<<

Annalee

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:07 pm

smokeshowJOE wrote:
It is ~1735 CDT, and I tuned in to Trackside a few minutes ago. Saw Wendy V. (one of the few lamestream media types I actually liked) as emcee of some cheese-identifying contest with Rutledge "Why am I Here?" Wood and others as contestants. I'll turn the TV back on when the NHL playoff coverage begins in a bit. Can't wait 'til 0600 CDT tomorrow for live coverage of F1 practice in Bahrain!!

I totally agree with you, the only thing that was of any value was Ryan and how he has helped animals with his foundation. The rest of it was absolutely stupid! They are ruining their programs with this format.
Formal1 is getting way to dangerous by racing in Bahrain. That country is in turmoil and it could get really ugly very quick.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:47 am

smokeshowJOE wrote:The fastest lap I dont feel as important as a ten lap average. Jayski used to give those times, but since they went new & improved, they dont have it anymore. What is up with all these improvements making things worse?

Jayski is pretty much a team press release list now, no more "Ask the NASCAR Insiders", Mad Mikie had to get his own site (maybe Laidbackracin was threatened otherwise???), many columns & blogs that weren't France-centric are gone -- in other words, the little dictator (Brainless Zero) has, after paying lip service to being sensitive to the fans (Citizen Media Farce), begun once again to reign-in any and all opposition. Don't expect to see Little Richard (Kyle P) around much longer, nor (hopefully, IMHO) Mr. Exhibitionist (or something like that).

HEY JOE............ I love it when you chime in. ALWAYS shedding a little different kinda light on things. Is it black light??? When are ya gonna get back out this way??? I discovered that I'm allergic to sobriety and would like to do some more doubles with ya. :shock: :D 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:35 am

good idea to have a thread like this, i usually watch a couple mins of practice all weekend, and never really check times.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

im4tony

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:27 am

beaverpond wrote:Practice #2

1…Jimmie Johnson
2…Mark Martin
3…Greg Biffle
4…Brad Keselowski
5…Sam Hornish Jr.
6…Carl Edwards
7…Jeff Burton
8…David Reutimann
9…Paul Menard
10.Darl Earnhardt Jr.

The reason for me creating this thread was I don't always get to see the practices or the final results at the end of each practice.

Thanks beave...I try and check the times before I vote but this is great having it here.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Qualifying Results

1…AJ Allmendinger
2…Kevin Harvick
3…Joey Logano
4…Denny Hamlin
5…Mark Martin
6…Martin Truex Jr.
7…Dale Earnhardt Jr.
8…Clint Bowyer
9…Kasey Kahne
10.Sam Hornish Jr.
Image Image

<<

smokeshowJOE

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:15 am

Annalee wrote:I totally agree with you, the only thing that was of any value was Ryan and how he has helped animals with his foundation. The rest of it was absolutely stupid! They are ruining their programs with this format.
Formal1 is getting way to dangerous by racing in Bahrain. That country is in turmoil and it could get really ugly very quick.

They sure are ruining things.....tuned in Sat. and they were doing a take-off on "The Newlywed Game" with 3 scrub drivers & their wives..... :roll:

As to Bahrain, Force India left the track Friday early, apparently to get away from protesters & such before dark. Beetlebrain Bernie (is he 'branch kin' to the Frances?), it is believed, punished them by directing the TV production folks (not Speed, who use the video feed with their own audio commentary) not to put Force India cars on camera for qualifying. The rest of the field is worrying about tyre degradation due to the sand on-track, while Force India is worrying about bombs & bullets.....mayhaps they should follow the Dakar Rally's lead and move the race.....to somewhere safe -- say, like, Belfast! :lol:
_ . . _ . | . . . . .
<<

smokeshowJOE

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:30 am

midwesternsmoke wrote:HEY JOE............ I love it when you chime in. ALWAYS shedding a little different kinda light on things. Is it black light??? When are ya gonna get back out this way??? I discovered that I'm allergic to sobriety and would like to do some more doubles with ya. :shock: :D 8-)

:D When it comes to NASCAR coverage, that would be 532nm light (green laser, pointing out their stupidity, kool-aid-induced bias and Voda's fashion faux pas du jour). Rutledge Woodpeckerhead's inane antics combined with hard-core racing between KuBu & Snickers just doesn't hold a candle to Chris Economacki calling a duel at Darlington between the King & the Silver Fox......

I gave up abstinence & sobriety for Lent a number of years ago -- worked so well I continue to this day! ;) No immediate plans to head East, but I'll buy you one or seven when I do get there! (I'm crossing my fingers that my company gets a sale we're working on in Lexington.....It'll surely need some on-site engineering only I can do!) 8-)
_ . . _ . | . . . . .
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:24 am

There are going to be a lot of "comers and goers" as Larry Mac would say. I picked Matt Kenseth and I'm sticking with him. But Mark Martin looks strong, Tony did well in both practices, the Bif says he's fast too. But AJ Almendinger can pull the upset.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.

Return to NASCAR & Racing