FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The Press Box

<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:19 pm

The Press Box

Clapping in press box – defending it – proves costly

The “no cheering in the press box rule” is a fiercely held one in media circles. The rule was broken in Daytona. The first was in the media center they applauded at the end of the race. The second was in the media center clapped after a funny line from race-winner Trevor Bayne about how old Marty Smith, an ESPN writer, is. The third was a round of applause after Bayne’s press conference was over.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/stor ... k2%7C47544

Tom Bowles was fired from Sports Illustrated website SI.com for breaking one of the rules regarding press box decorum and then defending his actions by saying that everybody else was doing it and taking it onto Facebook and Twitter.

I think this is a little over the top because I think SI needs to look at what they are doing. How can they hold one journalist responsible for what goes on in the press box if everybody else is doing the same thing. You didn’t see any of the other sports networks fire their sports writers.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Lasvegas39fan

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: The Press Box

Only going by what I heard but read he was fired for reasons beyond that
<<

Launch39

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:36 pm

I wish they would apply this rule to the Fox box. I can't stand commentators like DW showing favortisim in the booth. There are more drivers out there than "Junebug", "Big Daddy", and "Wild Thing".. :roll:

I think you ought to try and be as unbiased as you can be in that position. But, that of course is my opinion. ;)
Rocketman is ready to Launch!!
<<

Lasvegas39fan

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:40 pm

Launch39 wrote:I wish they would apply this rule to the Fox box. I can't stand commentators like DW showing favortisim in the booth. There are more drivers out there than "Junebug", "Big Daddy", and "Wild Thing".. :roll:

I think you ought to try and be as unbiased as you can be in that position. But, that of course is my opinion. ;)

I agree 1005 that is annoying as #### to me

Return to NASCAR & Racing