FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Aspirations

<<

smokinTA

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:35 pm

Re: Aspirations

Pontiacs!! Oh how I miss them. The last car I bought and the very first NEW car for me was a Pontiac Solstice, red of course!! Special order, built with my name on it. Those Grand Prix' are sweet too!!
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

Smokesprincess

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:07 pm

My first truck was standard....my mom made me learn to drive it, I cried but I learned. She would always say If you can drive standard you can drive any thing in this world. Now I have a Ford Focus thats standard and man can that little car drift...lol I love it I just picture myself on a dirt track some where (Eldora)..lol
I am at the ripe ol age of 34 making all dreams all my dreams come true. I am finally learning how to fix things on cars. I am going to school to be a Medical Assitant. I have always love racing and all of it from dirt to asphalt. So I have always wanted to be in the middle of it all. And god willing by the end of this year I will be moving to Kannapolis NC, I want to enter the nursing program that CNC has there. And god blessed me with a son that is dying to race so at 6 I think its a good time to start him and over there he has more of chance. So those are my aspirations...Crazy I know but sometime it take a while to really relize what you want in life.
The greatest thing in life is doing what people say you cannot do! (Unknown)
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:09 am

Smokesprincess wrote:My first truck was standard....my mom made me learn to drive it, I cried but I learned. She would always say If you can drive standard you can drive any thing in this world. Now I have a Ford Focus thats standard and man can that little car drift...lol I love it I just picture myself on a dirt track some where (Eldora)..lol
I am at the ripe ol age of 34 making all dreams all my dreams come true. I am finally learning how to fix things on cars. I am going to school to be a Medical Assitant. I have always love racing and all of it from dirt to asphalt. So I have always wanted to be in the middle of it all. And god willing by the end of this year I will be moving to Kannapolis NC, I want to enter the nursing program that CNC has there. And god blessed me with a son that is dying to race so at 6 I think its a good time to start him and over there he has more of chance. So those are my aspirations...Crazy I know but sometime it take a while to really relize what you want in life.

Those don't sound crazy at all! Sounds like a wonderful plan and I love that you're son has a large part in it as well! Very cool!!! I've visited Kannapolis once. I love it. I love small towns and it just seemed very peaceful to me. Good Luck!
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:11 am

smokinTA wrote:Pontiacs!! Oh how I miss them. The last car I bought and the very first NEW car for me was a Pontiac Solstice, red of course!! Special order, built with my name on it. Those Grand Prix' are sweet too!!

Yup, first car I ever custom ordered was a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. I still have it even though it's now a "backup" car and my little bro uses it until he's done rebuilding his Mustang's engine. I was sick when they stopped making them because a G8 was next on my list to buy! Gotta love anything RED!
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:21 pm

michaeljohn wrote:43 times??? that is amazing, but i am sure it can be a interesting life.. my sister is married to someone in the army, they havent moved around as much,

MJ, it got to a point that I didn't have to dust, we just moved. :lol: They don't move people around so much anymore, it's really hard on families and funding is really tight.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Some really cool stories from everyone, we've got some amazing members on here. As for first car, alas I have regulated to a 1998 Dodge caravan since I got my license. I am trying to save up for a Chevy trailblazer or a pick u so I can use them to haul my racecar.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

smokinTA

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Just keep that dream alive! Every night when I go to bed, I lay there with my eyes closed and envision what it is that I want to do. Just believe!! You will be racing that race car soon. Dreams really do come true :!: ;)
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:12 pm

smokinTA wrote:Just keep that dream alive! Every night when I go to bed, I lay there with my eyes closed and envision what it is that I want to do. Just believe!! You will be racing that race car soon. Dreams really do come true :!: ;)

I agree! You just have to believe!!
Previous

Return to The Lobby