FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Carl Edwards Refutes Accusations In Ex-Girlfriend Amanda Bea

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:07 pm

Carl Edwards Refutes Accusations In Ex-Girlfriend Amanda Bea

by Jordan Bianchi

One week after the release of swimmer Amanda Beard's autobiography in which she portrayed ex-boyfriend Carl Edwards as controlling, self-absorbed and jealous, the NASCAR driver met with the media Friday at Texas Motor Speedway to discuss Beard's comments.

Though he doesn't recall everything that happened between the two during their time together, Edwards disputed Beard's account of their relationship.

"I don't know if I am supposed to talk about the psychology of feelings and opinions when you have a relationship that doesn't work out, or if I am supposed to talk about the strategies to sell books or whatever," Edwards said. "To be honest with you guys, it is just weird. I don't know how to address things that I don't even remember happening. That is tough.

"It is pretty far out there out of left field for me."

In her memoir In The Water They Can't See You Cry, the Olympic swimmer chronicled the numerous personal issues she's faced – including bulimia – but also wrote her relationship with Edwards ended after nearly a year together due to a lack of communication and jealousy.

Beard also detailed that Edwards disapproved of her talking with other drivers while she was at the track and often made little to no time for her.

"I appreciate you asking the questions, but the hard part is to even talk about it because it just really caught me off guard and is kind of sad in a way for me to read that," Edwards said. "It made me feel a little bit sad for Amanda that she was going through all that.

"All the correspondence we have had between 2006 and now has all been good. Like I said, I considered us friends. I want to be very clear that I am not going to stand up here and bash her or say bad things about her because I didn't know all that stuff was going on. She is a mother and a wife and someone that I cared about. If down the road she ever needs something from me, she's got it."

Edwards did make it a point to say that if he had known what Beard was going through, he would have gone out of his way to help.

"I guess all I can say is that I considered us friends and I didn't realize that she had all those problems," Edwards said. "I would have done anything in the world to have helped her with those. As always, regardless of what she writes in her books and things like that, if she ever needs something from me I would be there to help her out. I don't know what else to say about that."

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2012/4/1 ... in/2707850

3 sides to every story. In this case her side, his side, and the truth.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

smokinTA

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Re: Carl Edwards Refutes Accusations In Ex-Girlfriend Amanda

Wow, I just can't imagine that a respectable reporter would ask that kind of personal question and Carl handled it well by not taking the bait. (wait, was the reporter a respectable one?)
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Carl got the best end of this interview and he did well to keep from sounding like a creep. He said she said is about as tough a situation one can come up with. Her point of view is hers alone and so is his. The only thing that may have been better was an answer like "Amanda who" or "no comment." She may have hung out way too much of the dirty laundry but if it is to get books sold well good luck. I guess Im old fashion as I like discreet ways of solving things.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

smokeshowJOE

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:20 am

so, everyone's buying the "I forgot" defense...... :?

......the ". . . I didn't know all that stuff was going on. " comment seems to validate her opinion of him as being self-absorbed.....

IMHO, Flipper's on-screen persona is a quite successful, very well groomed one, with no relevance to anything other than his ambition for a post-driving broadcast career (and sponsor value). While I certainly take with a large grain of salt anything said of him by a "woman scorned", her appraisal fits his pattern of off-screen (and on-track) behavior than that constantly spewed by his ardent fans in the broadcast booth... :roll:
_ . . | . || . _ | . . _ . | . . . . _ | _ . . _ | _ _ . |
_ . . _ . | . . . . .
<<

smokinTA

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:48 am

I like your summation, short, to the point and very accurate. The "Flipper" moniker is the best, never heard that before. I will use that from here forward.

My previous post was just about the question itself.
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:41 am

I think Carl did a decent job with this interview. Though him saying he didn't remember some things kind went with what she said. Amanda Beard is kinda crazy (to say the least but I am too), so Carl has that working for him.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:34 pm

smokeshowJOE wrote:so, everyone's buying the "I forgot" defense...... :?

......the ". . . I didn't know all that stuff was going on. " comment seems to validate her opinion of him as being self-absorbed.....

IMHO, Flipper's on-screen persona is a quite successful, very well groomed one, with no relevance to anything other than his ambition for a post-driving broadcast career (and sponsor value). While I certainly take with a large grain of salt anything said of him by a "woman scorned", her appraisal fits his pattern of off-screen (and on-track) behavior than that constantly spewed by his ardent fans in the broadcast booth... :roll:

Oh so well said, I am so going with Flipper from now on.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Smokesprincess

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:24 pm

I know its not funny...but I cant help and think the answers Tony would have come up....cause you all know how he he comes up with some good ones for them. Did ya all see the after the lap in Vegas...lol to funny. But even if Carl is doing the I dont remember at least he not a jerk about it
The greatest thing in life is doing what people say you cannot do! (Unknown)
<<

futura64

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:24 am

"FLIPPER" for sure! Great moniker!

His first attempt got the wrong guy.
-----> www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6BCWQRL0Qg

His second attempt, he was successful.
-----> www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-d1xweDlsY
BudmaninTx
<<

dirt93

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Yeah Tony would have just said " I lost some dead weight"... LOL Good riddance.....
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!

Return to NASCAR & Racing