FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How Bad Were Your Withdrawls ?

<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:22 pm

How Bad Were Your Withdrawls ?

Being addicted to a few things in life... ( and being poor ) I know a lil something about wanting or needing a "fix" and you can't get one ( LOL )....so I'm curious... how did yall handle the board being down for a few days?

Did you do anything? Go anywhere else? Bemoan your fate to friends & family?
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

im4tony

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Re: How Bad Were Your Withdrawls ?

I had a new grandson born on. April 9 so I had a big distraction but I still missed the site
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Yeah, I kept checking every day, just in case they got it up early. :( Mrs HH said I wasn't on the PC as much as usual, but I didn't do much of anything else, either. ;) :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:59 pm

I missed the time I spend on line. I had two posts that were given for the reason it wasn't available. One was "too many on line"which was a hoot" and the other said it crashed. Then finally it was down for service. Also after a couple of days it was online for a period and then it wasn't. The time were got to post in was taken away which I thought was fair as it wasn't open for everyone. I can only see "sign in" is quicker but I can't see anything else that is different. Oh and this was weird I could get the Home page and read whatever was offered but not get to the fan base.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:51 pm

congrats im4............

it was fine for me, the running joke i came up with is that god had smited this site, would be a a howl if he really did.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

jsw14

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Congrat's im4tony :D Now where is my Cigar? :lol: :lol: ;)

Well Smokie, I ordered 250 withdrawl pills for the off weekend, (Easter) cause I knew that SHR G Gang would need them. I thought that I would run out, then the site CRASHED!!!!! There are about 200 pills left.. Yes, I was eat'n em like candy..Now that we are back on-line & the Texas race is Saturday night, What am I goin too do with ALL these Withdrawl's Pills????? Hmmmm.......! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: ;)

BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

azk8ster

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:57 pm

I spent the entire time in a blind panic, worried that i wouldn't get my picks in so i can rack up another 1 point :shock: !
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:43 pm

For some reason there were a few of us who could post, but those posts disappeared!?!? Monday thru Wednesday is the only time I couldn't post. But all of us who could post, missed the rest of you! Well let's say some of you more than others. But for those two days it was interesting. I was so board I cleaned two closets. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Annalee on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Well...I actually have a few stories. :-)

First, as some of us know... to SOME, the site was down from start to finish.... and yet to SOME, it was open and available. Even the chat room worked! I was told by ADNY, "That's because Tony likes some of us more!" LOL and of course....grrrr..... hee hee hee

Then there was the day I was among my friends and one finally asked "What's wrong with you today? You seem so edgy?" As I was about to explain why, (( in an I'm sure, long winded explanation... )) another friend cut me off by saying "Her race board is down and has been for some time now." The other friend, in those few & short words, KNEW exactly what was going on. Honestly? ? I am I addicted that bad? LOL And it shows? ha ha ha

I found I actually did some things that I haven't done in awhile ... which is get up from computer and putter around the house! LOL This helped to relieve some anxiety felt, like azk8ster and a few of you others out there - an almost blind panic! LOL Will it come back? Will it be the same? Is it just ME and MY computer? hee hee hee

Well friends, we ALL made it thru it... which makes us all, that much tougher. :-)

Thank you Animink Inc for ALL your hard and at times, frustrating work to get us all back. :-)

**Congrats to Im4Tony, does this mean we can call you g-ma now? :-)

JSW - Save them pills.... they might be worth their weight in gold, come July when they take another week off. ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:49 pm

Hey j, how about sending me a handful of those pills so I have them on hand. Can't risk the board going down again. ;) :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

jsw14

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:15 pm

I'll send some out ASAP H :) Hay, just a thought, maybe we can cut the pills in half, & chew on them when we are in the-one-point-club...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:30 pm

I was one of the fortune few who was able to post from time to time for a few days. Then on Monday when it did come back up all my posts were gone and all my points were gone as well.

I spent time working on my honey-do-list and added stuff to it because I was so bored. What Mrs B did not like is I created a honey-do-list for her and she did not like that at all. She said it is fine if you want to add to yours, but you don't need to create one for me.

I actually spent time cleaning up flower beds, cleaning and swapping around two closets as to what they are being used for, then there was blowing the sand off the driveway, and the list just goes on.

J, send me some of those withdrawal pills...I will take 100 of them. Heaven forbid we have to go through this again and these will be good for the upcoming off weekends.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:45 pm

...sumpin' happen????
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:42 am

I survived getting on & posting, but like annalee said, those posts are gone. So I've lost part of my mind now cause I don't remember what I said in the posts I did make. :lol: But the last day or 2 I could not get on period, but I didn't have much time to try for those days.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

jsw14

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:53 pm

beaverpond wrote: J, send me some of those withdrawal pills...I will take 100 of them. Heaven forbid we have to go through this again and these will be good for the upcoming off weekends.

I'll send U 50 of them Beave. U can cut em in half & eat-em when ur in the -one-point-club!!.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Next

Return to The Lobby