FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Amanda Beard slams former boyfriend Carl Edwards in memoir

<<

LeslieO

User avatar

Posts: 121

491

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Location: Maryland

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:16 am

Re: Amanda Beard slams former boyfriend Carl Edwards in memo

futura64 wrote:I actually posted this several days ago, but now that this site appears to be "back up", that post has disappeared, so I'll repost it ..........

This post is a little off-topic for this thread, but the subject of Cousin Carl doesn't come up that I am not reminded of this young lady. Her injuries were far more extensive than simply a broken jaw, as reported at the time of the accident. The link below is about nine months old. Hopefully by now all her medical procedures have been completed and she has been fully restored and her recovery is complete.

Your Link -----> http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011 ... r-surgeri/


Thanks for posting this. It's great to see that she is doing well and it was very nice of Carl to reach out to her and keep in touch. It's good for me to see this side of Carl because he does get the lion's share of my eye-rolling. It's good to remember that I don't know him and if I did, I might like him more than I think I do now.
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8440

Images: 0
5709

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:34 pm

Re: Amanda Beard slams former boyfriend Carl Edwards in memo

all ya gotta bring up is his interactions with matt k after martinsville, that speaks about a persons personality on many levels, he seems like a controlling prick, but will show ya a different side so people think he is a all american boy...
Image
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4254

1085

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: Amanda Beard slams former boyfriend Carl Edwards in memo

Well I think a lot of drivers have a different personality when it comes to the track. Their competitive nature is dominate. He may very well be a cool cat away from the track.
I have seen Tony do worse & actually throw punches or slap reporters recording devices out of their hands & what not. It seems Tonys fans loves him for that while trash talking Carl for less.
Never seen Carl away from a track so I dont know who he is, but I have seen Tony away from cameras & he wasnt so cool. (it was awhile back though he could have changed as well) I actually thought..... No wonder he needs bodyguards.

I do know this. Doesnt sound like Amanda & Carl should have been together, & it seems like Carl found someone that makes him happy & hopefully vice versa. Also I dont care what anyone says. Having kids changes a man. My outlook on life changed a ton after I had a child.
Honestly think it was kinda classless what Beard did. Airing out dirty landry I have never cared for. Now if she was saying he beat the #### out of her, Ladies beware would be different. Basically what read into it, was they didnt mesh, & to make it worse she didnt mesh with the Nascar surroundings. Sounds like the best thing to do would be for them to break up.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:26 pm

Re: Amanda Beard slams former boyfriend Carl Edwards in memo

Last year on the race hub they did this thing where they asked drivers what comes to mind when you think of so and so driver. They asked them Carl Edwards and Jeff Gordon, Ryan Newman, Kevin Harvick, Paul Menard, Regan Smith and Brian Vickers all said class act.

Harvick used to hate Carl, then he said after he got to know him that he wasn't who they thought he was and decided to start over with him. Carl and Matt get along great now.

Alot of fans don't seem to realize that these drivers are humans. They make mistakes just like everyone else. Only millions see it and it gets talked about until the end of time. Carl has done nothing worse then Tony. Tony has punched people, drop kicked a reporter's tape recorder, has gotten into more incidents then anyone except for Kevin Harvick. Yet the hate for Carl comes in. Doesn't make much sense.

Some fans chose to put blinders on when their driver does wrong and then looks at another driver and judges them. Plus we only know Carl's public persona. Who you see on t.v isn't really Carl Edwards. Same thing with anyone in the spotlight including Tony, Ryan and Danica.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

smokinTA

User avatar

Posts: 182

180

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:57 pm

Re: Amanda Beard slams former boyfriend Carl Edwards in memo

The turning point for me regarding Carl was at Pocono (I’m pretty sure) when he was either 50 or 150 laps down and he sent Keselowski into the air flipping several times. Lost all respect for him right then. The deal between Edwards and Keselowski at Talledega was racin’. Carl pulled down on Keselowsk to block and well, we all know the rest of that story.
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4254

1085

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:04 pm

Re: Amanda Beard slams former boyfriend Carl Edwards in memo

smokinTA wrote:The turning point for me regarding Carl was at Pocono (I’m pretty sure) when he was either 50 or 150 laps down and he sent Keselowski into the air flipping several times. Lost all respect for him right then. The deal between Edwards and Keselowski at Talledega was racin’. Carl pulled down on Keselowsk to block and well, we all know the rest of that story.

it was Atlanta I believe where he flipped Brad. Which at those speeds was careless of Carl. But he hasnt been the only driver to take out someone on purpose on a high speed track. he might be the only one to admit it though. I do think however because of the Carl, Brad fued it made Brad a better driver (quicker). He learned quickly time & place for everything. Not just retaliate when someone touches you.
The Dega wreck I blame on Nascar & their ridiculous rule.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:04 pm

Re: Amanda Beard slams former boyfriend Carl Edwards in memo

smokinTA wrote:The turning point for me regarding Carl was at Pocono (I’m pretty sure) when he was either 50 or 150 laps down and he sent Keselowski into the air flipping several times. Lost all respect for him right then. The deal between Edwards and Keselowski at Talledega was racin’. Carl pulled down on Keselowsk to block and well, we all know the rest of that story.


That was Atlana 2010. Brad had wrecked Carl earlier in the race. Carl decided he wanted payback. He didn't mean to flip Brad most believe that, but he wrecked him at the wrong place at the track. I like BK, but he had it coming, he needed to calm down and be put into his place and Carl did that.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

smokinTA

User avatar

Posts: 182

180

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Amanda Beard slams former boyfriend Carl Edwards in memo

Thanks for correcting me which race it was. I know the two of them had some more altercations in Nationwide as well. I just feel like it was a pretty cheap shot being that Carl was so many laps down and Keselowski's wreck was so horrendous.

I'm with a few other members here, there's just something about Carl that I don't care for.
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

User avatar

Posts: 292

Images: 12
180

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:17 am

Location: MI

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Re: Amanda Beard slams former boyfriend Carl Edwards in memo

Smokeshow14 wrote: Who you see on t.v isn't really Carl Edwards. Same thing with anyone in the spotlight including Tony, Ryan and Danica.



AMEN!!!! As much as I love my driver(s), sometimes I have more fun with the illusion and I really don't want reality to ruin it for me. For that reason I take great care NOT to meet my drivers except while they are working. It would be devistating to me, as a die-hard fan, to know that in real life situations, he's an @$$. :cry:

I hate to admit this, but prior to last year, I really did not care for Tony Stewart. I'm not all for the bad boy who can't keep his cool. I appreciate passion and dedication, but to be just plain mean is not what I like. The only reason I started following Tony is due to what I coin as a man who matured. A mature, capable, dedicated and passionate man who drives a racecar is exactly up my alley. He seems to be like that now and I find it appealing. Now with that said, he is that way on tv, but what about in person and away from the track? I truly hope so but I guess the moral of my story is... who knows what Carl Edwards is like away from the track or within his circle of family and fellow NASCAR drivers. And maybe he has changed as I believe Tony has.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

tlmerk

User avatar

Posts: 849

Images: 0
4852

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:51 pm

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:48 pm

Re: Amanda Beard slams former boyfriend Carl Edwards in memo

Yeah I've been embarassed to be a fan of Tony's a few times in my the last 10 years. He's been a bully to officials (not NASCAR but still) and to the press. But, I agree he has mellowed A LOT since becoming an owner. And there was something you could say about Tony from the beginning, for being a jerk sometimes, he was at least honest about it. A couple other drivers (and I won't mention their names) portray an All American image that your grandmother would just swoon over but I think their actions on the track and their comments tell a different story. Tony doesn't pretend to be a role model. He knows he's a smart alec and he's cocky and moody. If you're a fan, I would sugget not bugging him at the track because he can be mercurial at best. Off the track and during Q & A's with fans, he is the nicest, funniest and even most self-effacing driver out there (except for maybe Ryan).

Tony's honesty (and his raw talent) is the reason I continue to respect him and sing his praises. He doesn't pretend to be something he's not. But if he tried to take out a driver on purpose on a track that was dangerous for this type of juvenile stunts.... I just may have to reconsider being a fan. I know Tony's done stupid stuff on the track and on pit road but I don't remember him doing it in a really dangerous manner or part of the track. I just think when you do that, you put every other driver at risk on that track. It's BS. It's stupid and no driver in their right mind would support that.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4254

1085

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Amanda Beard slams former boyfriend Carl Edwards in memo

tlmerk wrote:Yeah I've been embarassed to be a fan of Tony's a few times in my the last 10 years. He's been a bully to officials (not NASCAR but still) and to the press. But, I agree he has mellowed A LOT since becoming an owner. And there was something you could say about Tony from the beginning, for being a jerk sometimes, he was at least honest about it. A couple other drivers (and I won't mention their names) portray an All American image that your grandmother would just swoon over but I think their actions on the track and their comments tell a different story. Tony doesn't pretend to be a role model. He knows he's a smart alec and he's cocky and moody. If you're a fan, I would sugget not bugging him at the track because he can be mercurial at best. Off the track and during Q & A's with fans, he is the nicest, funniest and even most self-effacing driver out there (except for maybe Ryan).

Tony's honesty (and his raw talent) is the reason I continue to respect him and sing his praises. He doesn't pretend to be something he's not. But if he tried to take out a driver on purpose on a track that was dangerous for this type of juvenile stunts.... I just may have to reconsider being a fan. I know Tony's done stupid stuff on the track and on pit road but I don't remember him doing it in a really dangerous manner or part of the track. I just think when you do that, you put every other driver at risk on that track. It's BS. It's stupid and no driver in their right mind would support that.

Maybe you dont remember one of the plate races, in the past. Where he door slammed I think it was Kenseth knocking him off the track & almost slid up into the field of cars going into the corner. he was #### off at him about something. Whoever the driver was, did a great job keeping his car from getting back up into traffic.I just remember thinking holyImage. Never thought I would see someone try & wreck someone here. Especially near the front of the big pack. Like I said earlier. Most of these drivers have taken someone out at a high speed track. I remember when Ryan came back onto the track & ended a rookie JPM's day on a not so slow track. (for wrecking Ryan) Of course nowadays Ryan wants to settle such discussion off the track & perferably no cameras :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Re: Amanda Beard slams former boyfriend Carl Edwards in memo

Tony above all drivers is the closest to "what you see is what you get". But there are tons of fans who don't know what charities that he puts his millions in. They just see the bad boy who has mellowed out.

AL Usner Jr is the best example in racing. The dude was an alcoholic. But he was a great winning driver. Once his career was goin g into the twilight things started coming out of the woodwork of who he really way.

Robert Downey Jr smoked crack, snorted cocaine, and did heroin. Yet he was making movies and doing well. It took him getting pulled over one day for people to see how big of a drug addict he truly was.

Unless we hang out with someone we'll never truly know them. Being able to hang out with Carl (no other fans were there, while it was like 7 minutes it was still cool), I felt I got a sense of who he really is off the t.v.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: Amanda Beard slams former boyfriend Carl Edwards in memo

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
tlmerk wrote:Yeah I've been embarassed to be a fan of Tony's a few times in my the last 10 years. He's been a bully to officials (not NASCAR but still) and to the press. But, I agree he has mellowed A LOT since becoming an owner. And there was something you could say about Tony from the beginning, for being a jerk sometimes, he was at least honest about it. A couple other drivers (and I won't mention their names) portray an All American image that your grandmother would just swoon over but I think their actions on the track and their comments tell a different story. Tony doesn't pretend to be a role model. He knows he's a smart alec and he's cocky and moody. If you're a fan, I would sugget not bugging him at the track because he can be mercurial at best. Off the track and during Q & A's with fans, he is the nicest, funniest and even most self-effacing driver out there (except for maybe Ryan).

Tony's honesty (and his raw talent) is the reason I continue to respect him and sing his praises. He doesn't pretend to be something he's not. But if he tried to take out a driver on purpose on a track that was dangerous for this type of juvenile stunts.... I just may have to reconsider being a fan. I know Tony's done stupid stuff on the track and on pit road but I don't remember him doing it in a really dangerous manner or part of the track. I just think when you do that, you put every other driver at risk on that track. It's BS. It's stupid and no driver in their right mind would support that.

Maybe you dont remember one of the plate races, in the past. Where he door slammed I think it was Kenseth knocking him off the track & almost slid up into the field of cars going into the corner. he was #### off at him about something. Whoever the driver was, did a great job keeping his car from getting back up into traffic.I just remember thinking holyImage. Never thought I would see someone try & wreck someone here. Especially near the front of the big pack. Like I said earlier. Most of these drivers have taken someone out at a high speed track. I remember when Ryan came back onto the track & ended a rookie JPM's day on a not so slow track. (for wrecking Ryan) Of course nowadays Ryan wants to settle such discussion off the track & perferably no cameras :mrgreen:


I remember when Tony door slammed Matt it was the 2006 Daytona 500. He got a lot of flack for that for a long time moreso then Carl.

And what Ryan did to JPM was pretty much what Carl did to Brad. Juan hit the wall hard and it was only his first career start. Only thing is JPM didn't learn.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

User avatar

Posts: 292

Images: 12
180

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:17 am

Location: MI

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:35 am

Re: Amanda Beard slams former boyfriend Carl Edwards in memo

tlmerk wrote: Tony's honesty (and his raw talent) is the reason I continue to respect him and sing his praises. He doesn't pretend to be something he's not.


Agreed! Even when I wasn't following him faithfully I recognized that incredible talent and appreciated it. I think that is why NASCAR captured my attention 15 years ago. I imagine my road rage at 75 mph and I realize how little it takes to tick me off when a dork drives like an idiot. I can't imagine tripling that speed and getting ticked off. I'm sure it takes a lot of practice and self-control to keep emotions in check and handle it better than taking a cheap shot at them in return. At the same time, they do have to police themselves sometimes and that's understandable.

Oh who knows, we all have the capability to be mean and lose our tempers. We just don't have to to fear doing it in front of the whole tv audience and be judged for it! LOL

I guess all I can say is this; I wouldn't have paid extra to rearrange my flights next month (AND paid extra for another night in a hotel and rental car) to take a tour that includes the Stewart-Haas race shop. I'm curious to see the facility and really get a feel for Tony and his visions, dreams and accomplishments. Sometimes, what a person surrounds themselves with can speak a whole lot more to who he really is. I'm terribly excited. ;)
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

LeslieO

User avatar

Posts: 121

491

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Location: Maryland

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: Amanda Beard slams former boyfriend Carl Edwards in memo

I have to say I had a hard time with Tony wrecking Matt at Daytona that time. At that track, that situation, the way it went down, it was so dangerous and I was surprised that even an angry Tony would do that. He's retaliated / "taught lessons" before but he'd not done it (that I had seen or remembered) in such a way that was what I considered so reckless and over-the-top. (Naturally any crash is dangerous and it's best not to settle problems with racecars, but hopefully you understand what I mean.) That was a not a happy season for me, because I was not happy with my driver.

On Carl, the point that we don't really know these drivers, only their public personas, is well taken. Even someone like Tony who is so honest and direct, still has a "work persona". I'm not pretending to be someone I'm not when I'm at work, but still, someone who only knows me from my job doesn't know the full me. I have not cared for Carl, as I guess I've made obvious, but who knows if my feelings are based on a true picture of him.
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER