FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

For those mad at Reutimann

<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4472

8240

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:14 pm

For those mad at Reutimann

you might as well be mad at the rules. It was the cause & effect. The top 35 rule.
Rooty was 34th while limping around. If he finishes the race limping around he is still in the top 35 in points.
Well his car fails him with 3 laps to go (also adding more laps to complete the race)
He is now one point out of the top 35. Ironically it was his teammate that passed him for 34th, which knocked him out of the top 35 in points. Now if he gets off the track the lap he says he was trying to get off, then they only run 500 laps & he is still in the top 35. Thanks to the extra GWC, Blaney passed him for position with those extra laps. If Rooty doesnt complete the last lap that he did complete, then he would have lost another position to kyle.

34th Blaney 439 laps completed (of 515 laps)
35th Rooty 436 laps completed
36th Kyle 435 laps completed
Rooty one point out of the top 35.
So there is the reason he did what he did, & why it was so important to his team. I cant really blame him for that.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

User avatar

Posts: 5748

9451

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Location: Home of NASCAR

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: For those mad at Reutimann

Thanks for the info, I was wondering if he made it or not. I felt so sorry for him after the race,he was visibly upset. He really is a good guy that has really had a hard year. Most everyone was racing to win, he was racing to survive. Hope he does.
Image

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Re: For those mad at Reutimann

I don't get why so many are so mad at him. He isn't the first driver to have his car stopped on the track, and he won't be the last. People will say "oh he was like 80 laps down and came back out" so was Kasey Kahne, and he broke too and caused a caution. Only difference is Kasey Kahne races for HMS, has more fans, and is a pretty. Yup I said it and I like Kasey too!
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4472

8240

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Re: For those mad at Reutimann

Smokeshow14 wrote:I don't get why so many are so mad at him. He isn't the first driver to have his car stopped on the track, and he won't be the last. People will say "oh he was like 80 laps down and came back out" so was Kasey Kahne, and he broke too and caused a caution. Only difference is Kasey Kahne races for HMS, has more fans, and is a pretty. Yup I said it and I like Kasey too!

I think what got the drivers in an uproar which in turns gets their fans into a frenzy, is that he was driving around broken for so many laps before pitting.It was the black flag that he was gonna acknowledge, or else I dont think he would have pitted. Also the drivers I dont think knew he lost the engine. So when they made a stink about it, the fans go even more crazy. I didnt know he had a blown engine til after the race either. All the spotters kept saying is he had a flat, so the driver thought he just stopped on the track to get a yellow I guess
ImageImageImage
<<

dirt93

User avatar

Posts: 724

Images: 48
8035

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:59 pm

Location: California

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: For those mad at Reutimann

I thought you had to maintain race speed to stay out on the track.. He seemed like he was going was slower that would be allowed to stay on the track. Just was wondering about it.....
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4472

8240

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:53 pm

Re: For those mad at Reutimann

dirt93 wrote:I thought you had to maintain race speed to stay out on the track.. He seemed like he was going was slower that would be allowed to stay on the track. Just was wondering about it.....

he had recevied the black flag & was going to come in the next lap
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8867

Images: 0
9560

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:22 pm

Re: For those mad at Reutimann

didnt bother me any, i rarely get emotional over racing...
I miss you Frehley........
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

User avatar

Posts: 292

Images: 12
180

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:17 am

Location: MI

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: For those mad at Reutimann

I wasn't mad at him at all.

In fact, his interview after the race actually made me feel just awful for him. He was honestly upset. My question is, if the role had been reversed and Johnson or Gordon had the problem that cost Reutimann the win, would fans really have made a big deal out of it? Probably not!!! :roll:
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3164

Images: 3
8205

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Re: For those mad at Reutimann

Schmoopy1000 wrote:you might as well be mad at the rules. It was the cause & effect. The top 35 rule.
Rooty was 34th while limping around. If he finishes the race limping around he is still in the top 35 in points.
Well his car fails him with 3 laps to go (also adding more laps to complete the race)
He is now one point out of the top 35. Ironically it was his teammate that passed him for 34th, which knocked him out of the top 35 in points. Now if he gets off the track the lap he says he was trying to get off, then they only run 500 laps & he is still in the top 35. Thanks to the extra GWC, Blaney passed him for position with those extra laps. If Rooty doesnt complete the last lap that he did complete, then he would have lost another position to kyle.

34th Blaney 439 laps completed (of 515 laps)
35th Rooty 436 laps completed
36th Kyle 435 laps completed
Rooty one point out of the top 35.
So there is the reason he did what he did, & why it was so important to his team. I cant really blame him for that.

Who's mad unless you're HMS,Rutti toot toot is my hereo, he helped SHR three times in one day and Jr.finished where he was going to anyway, provided he didn't run out of gas! :lol:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

dirt93

User avatar

Posts: 724

Images: 48
8035

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:59 pm

Location: California

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: For those mad at Reutimann

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
dirt93 wrote:I thought you had to maintain race speed to stay out on the track.. He seemed like he was going was slower that would be allowed to stay on the track. Just was wondering about it.....

he had recevied the black flag & was going to come in the next lap

ohhhh. Ok cool :)
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

smokinTA

User avatar

Posts: 182

180

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Re: For those mad at Reutimann

dirt93 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:
dirt93 wrote:I thought you had to maintain race speed to stay out on the track.. He seemed like he was going was slower that would be allowed to stay on the track. Just was wondering about it.....

he had recevied the black flag & was going to come in the next lap

ohhhh. Ok cool :)


You can also get a clearer understanding of what happened on "Jimmy's Take" either on SPEED or NASCAR.com. You can listen to the team's radio chat while all that was going down. Pay close attention to the "something is broke in the steering..." I'm happy with Jimmy Spencer's take. ;)
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8867

Images: 0
9560

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:48 am

Re: For those mad at Reutimann

just watched the hub this morning, the 10 car is one point out of the top 35, so cant fault him for staying out.....
I miss you Frehley........

Return to NASCAR & Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER