FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

not bad

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Re: not bad

racer1 wrote:Ryan may have it better then he thinks or some here think. The season is just getting started and already negativity from Ryan fans--again. Give Zippy a shot and some time to evaluate as most of you say he is good at his job, so you'll see?

BTW the old addage "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" its NOT always greener. I'll go with this again--"be carefull what you wish for"> Iam not a big Ryan fan but I think he is happy with where he is and like most drivers they all wish they could do better, but jumping to another team seldom pays benefits right away, and often NOT at all.

Beside listen to yourselves--werent we just debating Danicas future and some were saying how SHR will have 3 FT cars next yr--well--which is it--make up your mind or do some of you just like complaining? Quit worrying about Ryan as he is a veteran driver and will be fine. He isnt the one at SHR we need to worry about?

well if you followed the readings. It was wishful thinking. We have acknowledged that Ryan will be here to what I believe will be til his retirement. MJ made a joke & I ran with it. I think TG would be great for a brand new Cup driver, so when Danica comes here full time next year I think TG & Danica will be a perfect fit :mrgreen:
Wonder who they are gonna bring in for Ryan next year? Any thoughts Racer? Who do you think they will bring in for ryan next year?
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:57 pm

i would agree with SS that RCR stable is set for the next few years, but JGR, ryan has a chance if a job opens up, remember they imported kyle after he was let go, and nothing against joey, he just seem to level off, and how many more chances does he have left??
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:32 pm

To be fair you all need to give Zippy a chance...... Rome wasn't built in a day and if this team is as bad as you say it is, it will take time. Ryan ran 5 th last year, so let's see what happens. Kasey Kahne would love a fifth place finish.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:57 pm

ANNA...... for me personally it has nothing to do with Zippy, i know he cant change it over nite, but in all reality, they had since last nov to make a change, and it was status quot, and right off the bat the 39 team is making the same mistakes as last year, so imagine the finishes ryan would have if he wasnt always put behind the 8 ball
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:58 pm

MJ, give Zippy a chance! They have only had one team meeting of the new season to air the problems and that happened after Phoenix. Sorry, but that is only one week ago and if you haven't noticed he has been a little busy getting Danica up and running. JMO, I don't think they (meaning Ryan and TG) think there is a problem. They go fishing and hang around together and appear to be very good friends. Not many of the crew chief and drivers do that. Or maybe they feel they can overcome the problems themselves. I am with all of you in that I see there are problems, but I don't know how they are choosing to handle it. But please give Zippy a chance. Then there is also Matt Borlin, who really knows Ryan, and he has been there since Ryan started. I think he and
Zippy share the job of director of competition, Go figure! :?:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

your missing what i am saying, when i say " nothing to do with zippy." means i dont blame him, i do blame the powers to be at SHR who went out, to hire both zippy and steve addington (sp?) as someone who likes ryan how can anyone explain the logic that tony who just won a championship needed a CC, and ryan doesnt, and if friendship is involved, well that is sad,

we can go around in circles for days on this, we see it from different angles and unless changes are made, there is no way my mind can be changed, and all ryan fans are feeling this way, they are tired of the excuses from t.g.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:22 am

I agree with MJ that changes need to be made to the 39. But I maintain that the ball is in Ryan's court. If he wants a cc change all he must do is ask for one. Tony must rather lose Gibson than Ryan. But Ryan and Gibson are such good friends off the track that Ryan will never do that. If Ryan goes to the 20 he will NOT win a championship. He would be outshined by Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin who are better drivers than him and have been there longer. Not knocking on him but there is a reason there has only berm six champions since 2000. Ryan has that engineer mentality of wanting to be the smartest person in the room. And wanting to control everything. He must let others do their jobs.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:33 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:I agree with MJ that changes need to be made to the 39. But I maintain that the ball is in Ryan's court. If he wants a cc change all he must do is ask for one. Tony must rather lose Gibson than Ryan. But Ryan and Gibson are such good friends off the track that Ryan will never do that. If Ryan goes to the 20 he will NOT win a championship. He would be outshined by Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin who are better drivers than him and have been there longer. Not knocking on him but there is a reason there has only berm six champions since 2000. Ryan has that engineer mentality of wanting to be the smartest person in the room. And wanting to control everything. He must let others do their jobs.

It isnt uncommon for the drivers to back up their CC's. In fact as an owner you probably want that. However as an owner you should be making that decision not your driver. Jeff Gordon wanted to keep his CC, Rick changed it anyways. (for the better) Dale Jr. wanted to keep his CC (on more than one occassion) Rick changed it (for the better) RCR will make changes to CC's no matter what. usually for the better. Roush makes changes to CC's whether the driver wants a new one or not. All the roush teams are doing very well. It isnt uncommon for the driver to not want changes. So I disagree that changes made is on Ryan.
As far as Ryan "wanting" to control everything. I think you are buying into the media BS. Trust me he would love to just say the car is doing this & the CC says we will fix it & it gets fixed. However when you spend 3/4's of a race asking for the car to get fixed & it isnt getting better, he starts telling the CC what changes he wants & oh my god. it starts to get better. Now people say..... See he wants to be in control.
Uh. No. He wants a working race car!
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:46 am

How long did it the for the 24 to make a cc change? I honestly don't see a change unless they miss the chase. Because who are they going to replace him with? What if they just do worse. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. If Ryan is still here after 2012 then I could see changes going into 2013 they finish 10th in points again. This relationship has gone stale. Last week showed that Gibson is capable of providing fast cars, but in traffic the car handles different and Ryan just can't drive to the front. When Ryan is fast he is a top five driver, but when the chips are down he looks like another driver. Ryan is an engineer a lot engineers have this mentality and he is one of them. It's just something he needs to work on. I mean for crying out loud the man questioned the moon landing. Something a engineer would do.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

racer1

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:52 pm

Wake up people--this is a Danica thread and NOT a Ryan thread. good grief you Ryan fanatics never quit complaining do you? Take your Ryan ranting to his thread which Iam trying to avoid all you crybabys there> You keep ranting about him on this thread I will start making some comments. 8-)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:38 pm

its called having a debate R1, i dont see the big deal, so it got off topic, nobody is hurting no one, if you wanna add, great, if you wanna be rude and ruin, go ahead, but no harm is being done,
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:47 pm

i know old time ryan fans would want matt boreland back, but i dont think that would even work, just for the fact people change over the years, had they stayed together, they could have won a championship,
and Schmoopy........... im all for the tuna goin to be danica CC, that would be very comical, haha
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:13 pm

michaeljohn wrote:i know old time ryan fans would want matt boreland back, but i dont think that would even work, just for the fact people change over the years, had they stayed together, they could have won a championship,
and Schmoopy........... im all for the tuna goin to be danica CC, that would be very comical, haha

yeah last time Borland was a CC was preCOT. Dont think that is a good idea either.
ImageImageImage
Previous

Return to Danica