FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

not bad

<<

racer1

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:45 pm

Re: not bad

"she has to follow the dollars. And her boss."

First off--she has said and its common knowledge she doesnt need the dollars as she is worth millions, so nothing like some drivers starting out who are struggling financially. She has already made plenty of money and she lives a very quiet simple life compared to others if youve heard her talking about her home/personal life.

Second--the only boss she needs to listen to is her own self judgment of what she is capable of or not. IF she follows what others want it will only get her mentally very distraught, as she was after Daytona and the Phx crashes? Can you imagine how bad she would feel if she failed miserably once in Cup? Iam hoping her family has something to say and she listens as she always says she makes her own decisions, but have to wonder?

Godaddy will push her into Cup for the attention long as she sells their products and Tony/SHR will convince her as well to go Cup so SHR has all that Godaddy money--for sure--as finding drivers who are marketable to get FT sponsors is tougher then ever nowdays and Danica is a gold Mine--so far. Everyone has their own agenda but have to wonder if someone might actually be looking out for whats best for her under all this greedy pressure, the way I see it> Oh well--as mentioned we cant do anything about it so just sit back and watch how it unfolds next yr--good or bad..enough said> 8-)
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:42 pm

Racer1 do you understand how racing works?

She is NOTHING without her sponsors. If Goddady tells her to do something, she does it and with a smile on her face or they stop signing checks period. Tony Stewart is her boss. He pays her and provides her a ride. If she wants to do things her own way, then she can go race for Frankie Stoddard.

What she wants to do matters, but ultimately if her sponsor and car owner say she goes to Cup she goes to Cup.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Lizard

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:11 pm

I really thought I had commented on this yesterday. I thought the topic was how Danica did at Bristol, which was not bad. Only 13 cars were on the lead lap and if I remember correctly 5 of those were Cup level drivers. So all in all not a bad day for Danica.

As for the other, well to say that Danica is not moving up to Cup next year I beg to differ since when Tony was asked he stated very plainly yes she will be. Now in the past when the addition of a 3rd car was asked he ALWAYS deferred to the aspect of we have not secured sponsorship. Tony does not say things he doesn't mean.

Danica made the decision to move to NASCAR and I am sure she knew the plan well in advance and is all for it. I do not see her deciding to go back to Indy car because that would mean admitting she couldn't hack it and I also do see her leaving NASCAR without giving it the time needed. Danica has the attitude needed to keep digging and I think she will and not back down.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

racer1

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Why are you guys taking what Tony says over what Danica has said about this yr and that her going Cup for 2013 has NOT been decided YET as thats pretty simple to understand. Danica has said it many times that this is a testing yr to see how it goes--plain and simple, along with Godaddy has also said they will wait and see how this yr goes. You might want to listen to the person driving the car, controlling her own destiny or the big money sponsor instead of the person whos counting all the $$$ signs in his head over the possiblility of all the Godaddy money after this yr?

Remember the old addage "dont count your chickens-----------" Well--you might want to stop counting for now, as lots of things can change as this season is just starting. Lots of things can change including attitudes or desires for the future if things dont go well as hoped or expected this yr. The key players who are directly affected and or make the decisions in all this that will affect their life and future will be the ones making those decisions first and foremost, and not some greedy team owner. Lots of time left before decisions need to be made.
Last edited by racer1 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:04 pm

I feel a bet coming on :mrgreen:
Should she be in cup next year...... NO!
Will she be in cup next year...... Yep!

Just remember I told you so! ;)
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:17 pm

"Just remember I told you so! "

OK but you remember what I said also about nothing being certain--yet? If she doesnt make top 10 in points this yr and they still throw her into Cup anyway, then they and her allowing it are fools in my opinion--but we'll see? :roll:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:19 pm

racer1 wrote:"Just remember I told you so! "

OK but you remember what I said also about nothing being certain--yet? If she doesnt make top 10 in points this yr and they still throw her into Cup anyway, then they and her allowing it are fools in my opinion--but we'll see? :roll:

no matter what, when she goes to cup in 2013 you wont get an argument from me. They are fools.
ImageImageImage
<<

Lizard

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:57 pm

Ok, so back in Nov 2011 I knew I had heard this but finally found a quote stating it.
"You want to build your team from the ground up," SHR Executive Vice President Brett Frood said Tuesday. "Our objective is to start building that team throughout next year. It may not be every piece of the team, but the core components we're going to build next year so they can get their continuity and learn from each other. It may be pieces at a time, but as we get into the end of next year, we're going to have the team intact ready to transition into 2013 full time without any challenges."

Now I don't know about any of you but that sounds like the ink has been made for 2013.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

racer1

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:12 pm

"no matter what, when she goes to cup in 2013 you wont get an argument from me. They are fools."

We agree on that anyway.

Watching Danica all these yrs she is a very headstrong and determined competitive person. With that said i just can understand why she would let herself be manipulated like this, if it happens or is already planned before she even knows how she will do? Course Its been said sometimes celebs who are famous often times are themselves drawn into everything so much that they cant ignore the cameras and the attention they become so used to getting and they ignore other more important facts or issues and that often leads to disaster within their own careers. Popularity like hers is hard to achieve but can dissappear at the blink of an eye also--guess we'll see?

BTW the comment about "inked" doesnt mean squat as lots of teams plan things ahead of time but dont always work out as planned so "dont bet the farm on it just yet"?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:26 pm

she is going to take ryans place................. his contract ends this year, of course ive been sayin this since she signed with SHR back in oct or nov, whenever it was..
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:34 pm

racer1 wrote:"Just remember I told you so! "

They may be fools but that doesn't mean they won't move her u in 2013! Not your choice nor mine. I personally don't think she is ready, but it isn't my place to say she is or isn't.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:33 pm

michaeljohn wrote:she is going to take ryans place................. his contract ends this year, of course ive been sayin this since she signed with SHR back in oct or nov, whenever it was..

If us Ryan Fans are lucky.
Ryan to the 20 car please. Or the 4th RCR car in 2013!
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:she is going to take ryans place................. his contract ends this year, of course ive been sayin this since she signed with SHR back in oct or nov, whenever it was..

Wishful thinking, JGR promotes from within and RCR has two grandkids waiting in the wings. I don't understand some Newman fans. Some of you guys don't see how good Ryan has. What is his worst season with SHR 15th? He hasn't performed to the level that Tony Stewart has sure, but other than his rookie season and 2003 what season has he performed at a really high level? If Ryan leaves and goes somewhere else I'd wish him the best, but I wouldn't see him all of a sudden becoming a championship contender.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:

Wishful thinking, JGR promotes from within and RCR has two grandkids waiting in the wings. I don't understand some Newman fans. Some of you guys don't see how good Ryan has. What is his worst season with SHR 15th? He hasn't performed to the level that Tony Stewart has sure, but other than his rookie season and 2003 what season has he performed at a really high level? If Ryan leaves and goes somewhere else I'd wish him the best, but I wouldn't see him all of a sudden becoming a championship contender.

Well that is the risk. If he goes elsewhere, it could get worse. However if he stays here, he will never be a Championship contender. He may make the chase every year, but his race team I am not sure is even a top 20 team. Good equipment, crappy personnel. Doesnt matter how good of a driver you are. You cant succeed. So yeah I can wish for Ryan to go to a better owner, where he might have a chance to race for a better team.
BTW the two grand kid thing does totally shoot down my RCR hopes. Thanks a lot LOL. But this is Joey's contract year as well, & if he doesnt improve this year, there could be changes to the 20 team. (& Brian Scott isnt making it to cup) I hadnt put much thought into it since I know Ryan will stay with SHR, but that was all the good teams I could think of right off hand. Thanks for hurting my feelings with the grand kids talk LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:03 pm

Ryan may have it better then he thinks or some here think. The season is just getting started and already negativity from Ryan fans--again. Give Zippy a shot and some time to evaluate as most of you say he is good at his job, so you'll see?

BTW the old addage "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" its NOT always greener. I'll go with this again--"be carefull what you wish for"> Iam not a big Ryan fan but I think he is happy with where he is and like most drivers they all wish they could do better, but jumping to another team seldom pays benefits right away, and often NOT at all.

Beside listen to yourselves--werent we just debating Danicas future and some were saying how SHR will have 3 FT cars next yr--well--which is it--make up your mind or do some of you just like complaining? Quit worrying about Ryan as he is a veteran driver and will be fine. He isnt the one at SHR we need to worry about?
PreviousNext

Return to Danica