FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Chevy Dumping Impala

<<

Lizard

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:10 am

Chevy Dumping Impala

Ford and Dodge have unveiled their cars for 2013 but Chevy is being very secretive about theirs and rumors are Commodore is coming back. Whatever they are bringing out it was said that it is a car currently not in production.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Chevy Dumping Impala

Saw this on Jayskis...whatever it is, I hope it a good lookin' piece...I have a diecast collection to think about... ;)

...that Dodge looks tough...even if there IS nobody to drive'em... :lol:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Lizard

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:56 pm

Sorry I got this in the wrong forum.....totally meant it to be in NASCAR Racing stuff.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:11 pm

From Jayski's - -

Chevy to replace Impala in 2013 with another Chevy brand: Chevrolet is developing a new car with a new name for its 2013 NASCAR entry, replacing the Impala used by Team Chevy, and plans to eventually market and sell the new model to consumers. The dealership and racing versions of the car will be unveiled this year, after the New York auto show in April, spokesman Monte Doran said. The new car will use a nameplate not currently in Chevy's lineup. Neither the car nor its name will be a derivative of an existing one, such as the new Malibu or the upcoming redesigned Impala, Doran said. General Motors wouldn't reveal details. "We are keeping the wraps on the new car for now and will continue to prepare for next season by testing camouflaged vehicles," Jim Campbell, vice president of Chevrolet performance vehicles and motorsports, said in a statement. "We know that Chevrolet fans are eager to see the new race car, and we hope that the prospect of being able to own one just like it will make the wait a little more bearable."

The new car may be a version of the Chevy Caprice currently imported from Australia for U.S. police forces. Inside GM, a plan to develop a Chevy performance sedan like the Caprice for consumers was on-and-off in recent years because of concerns that it wasn't a high-profit vehicle, people familiar with the situation said. Australia's Holden brand currently offers consumers a variation on the U.S. Caprice. Along with developing the new performance sedan, GM is redesigning the current Impala, which will be built at the Detroit-Hamtramck plant and is expected to hit showrooms by spring 2013. The automaker is also rolling out a redesigned Malibu.(Detroit Free Press, more at MotorTrend and a past post at AutoWeek)(3-13-2013)

-------------------------------------------------
#1 - This is HUGE news for the folks in Detroit ... and America. :-) DETROIT STRONG!!! :-)

#2 - Not sure if everyone knows about what's goin on, down under. Many car companies are developing new cars in and for Australia... that once completed... are then being thought about .. or brought over. (( NISSAN MIGHT enter NASCAR - just my guess ))

#3 - My first car was a 1970 beige Chevy 4 DR Impala with the green interior. LOVED that old beater!!! :-) So I may be just a lil biased and defensive when people put down or change MY Impala... ha ha ha ha

#4 - Interesting that the CAPRICE was chosen to be cop cars...unless GM is just "R & D-ing" .... down there....why not the Impala? ?

5 - Changing the name plate??? W-T-H ? Now I gotta add a NEW symbol to recognize, out on the road? Man... I HATE it when that happens. Hee hee hee
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Personally....I think they should use the Malibu. I've driven the newer Malibu and the newer Impala, the Malibu is head and shoulders above the Impala. I've taken each on trips of over 500 miles, and in every aspect the Malibu was superior by quite a bit......... just my opinion 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

belle1010

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:09 pm

I bet it's the Caprice...when GM ended Pontiac, they had a G8 sedan, and even though it was popular (2008-2010?), I think, at that time, they mentioned that they wanted it to come back as the Chevy Caprice if it was ever gonna come back into production, they had mentioned Australia too.

Here's the article, it's old...so who knows what's changed from then to now, as it's from 2009...

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009071 ... /907139993
"I'd wreck my mom to win a championship. I'd wreck your mom to win a championship." Tony Stewart
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:54 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:Personally....I think they should use the Malibu. I've driven the newer Malibu and the newer Impala, the Malibu is head and shoulders above the Impala. I've taken each on trips of over 500 miles, and in every aspect the Malibu was superior by quite a bit......... just my opinion 8-)

Would like to see the camaro out there,but i do agree with you after test driving the Malibu vs the Impala myself. I'm not too keen on anything over an early 1999 myself,i just traded down a 2003 Silverado for a 1999 classic GMC with a 350 and a real truck frame. :lol: The vehicles today of any brand remind me of the Merle Haggard song,wish a Ford and a Chevy still last ten years like they should. :mrgreen:The 2000 SS Monte Carlo started falling apart about 50k,course i'd prefer the one i had in 1971 when all i did was replace a timing chain at 80k. :lol:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:35 pm

All I had to do was replace the timing chain on my '82 Ford Mustang.... once, twice, thrice and four times.... just sayin' .... LOL (( The horror... the horror ... of the expensive memories... LOL ))

p.s. Wolfgang, anyone who quotes Merle ( choir sings in background ) is A-OK in my book. ;-)

I just thought that since Chevy already HAD an Impala IN racing... it would make sense to stick with that... but I'm no GM exec, that's for sure. LOL Looks like the execs are thinking outside of the box with this new surprise. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:02 am

...just sayin'... ;) :mrgreen:

Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:32 am

OMG :!: :shock: I remember the Corvair. (showing my age)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:43 am

That's not hard to do for somebody like you :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:16 pm

I had a red two door. Four on the floor gave me problems, but that may have been the re-builder.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK

Return to NASCAR & Racing