FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica racing in Prelude To the Dream

<<

jamo14

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:04 pm

Danica racing in Prelude To the Dream

Eldora Speedway announced today that Danica will race in the Prelude To the Dream, along with all the other regulars at the charity race this summer
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

jamo14

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:06 pm

Re: Danica racing in Prelude To the Dream

maybe Tony Kanaan will be back for it too. He said he really enjoyed it, despite the troubles he had.

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:06 pm

Now that could be interesting to watch.
ImageImageImage
<<

jamo14

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:08 pm

It always is, no matter who is in it...it's a neat field with NHRA drivers as well

<<

Lizard

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:15 pm

I know I read somewhere that Bowyer, Kayne, Capps, Kanaan,Kurt Busch, Jimmie Johnson, Bill Elliott, Ray Evernham, David Gilliand, Justin Allgaier, and Cruz Pedgregon had already said yes to participating.

Am kinda hoping that Matt Kenseth decides to participate again, but I think Kevin said that he was going to be focused on daddy things and would have to miss.

The charity this year is Feed the Children.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:56 pm

Can't wait, this should be great! :D This is the best racing of the year! One day I want to go, Who knows maybe this year! WooHoo!

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

futura64

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:05 pm

They better look out. This is Danica's HOME TRACK -----> http://www.angellpark.com/schedule.aspx

(Just kidding. She has said she remembers spending a lot of summer Sunday afternoons there when she was little, when her dad T.J. raced and crewed the Badger Midget Series there for a time.)
BudmaninTx
<<

Lizard

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:52 pm

futura64 wrote:They better look out. This is Danica's HOME TRACK -----> http://www.angellpark.com/schedule.aspx

(Just kidding. She has said she remembers spending a lot of summer Sunday afternoons there when she was little, when her dad T.J. raced and crewed the Badger Midget Series there for a time.)

I'm glad you qualified because I read the first part and thought, she's never run dirt track except in go karts unless I missed a whole section of her racing. Sorry, I've been to that track :)
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Robby Gordon or i'm not freakin' going again this year! :x
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

racer1

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:30 am

For what its worth with Danica making news, drawing attention etc like she always does, this will bring many more eyes on this event and more $$$'s for the charity so its all good. 8-)

http://eldoraspeedway.com/
<<

tonycrazy

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:42 am

I think Danica being there is kinda neat....would like to see how she does on dirt....but i got news for ya....she didnt have to bring more eyes.....this is always a sold out venue.....this will be our 3rd time going and its always a packed house.......

Hey Anna.....look us up if u come....a few of us from here will be there celebrating in style....Sec I Rows 6 - 8.....we also tailgate all day too....in the parking lot to the rt of the main entrance ...Tonys suvey trailer is just across the fence from us.....we get lucky enuff to be rt w/ it...lol...

tc

<<

futura64

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Isn't that race on pay-per-view TV?
BudmaninTx
<<

Lizard

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Prelude to the Dream
The Feed The Children Prelude to the Dream is a throwback to the humble beginnings of what is now the biggest sport in America: professional stock car racing. The seventh annual event highlights modern-day superstars returning to the roots of car racing by competing on a dirt track in a dirt Late Model stock car. This event allows avid fans to not only see the origins of the sport, but to also experience racing’s biggest names performing beyond their routine element. The drivers do not compete for points and winnings, but for charity, as the 2012 pay-per-view proceeds will benefit Feed The Children.

An individual champion will also be crowned.

The eighth Annual Prelude to the Dream will once again be televised live on HBO Pay-Per-View from Eldora Speedway on Wednesday, June 6 (8 PM EDT/ 5PM PDT).

Track: Eldora Speedway

Date: Wednesday, June 6th

Television: Live on HBO Pay-Per-View @ 8 PM EDT / 5 PM PDT - followed by an immediate replay

http://www.preludetothedream.org/

How to order instructions:
http://www.preludetothedream.org/how-to-order/

<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:35 pm

tonycrazy wrote:Hey Anna.....look us up if u come....a few of us from here will be there celebrating in style....Sec I Rows 6 - 8.....we also tailgate all day too....in the parking lot to the rt of the main entrance ...Tonys suvey trailer is just across the fence from us.....we get lucky enuff to be rt w/ it...lol...

tc

To everyone going to the Prelude To The Dream this year, or as some of us like to refer to it as "The 'Lude " - - so seriously, look at what TC has written. :-)

Even if you don't know anyone... go on up and introduce yourself to the gang... like many of done. :-) They're an easy to spot and friendly gang. :-) Herbie has a huge red SHR GG banner and there are a few #14 and #39 flags as well. Right behind Tony's souvenir trailer, in the parking lot. There's food, drink, FUN and a real sense of SHR GG community. :-)

The spot is also close to an end of the parking lot, where a lot of different media set up. This bears worth noting for 2 reasons - #1 - they have their own set of CLEAN port-a-potty's, not accessible to the general public ... but certainly accessible to most females with a friendly smile. Beats walking a mile to the track bathrooms.... and 2) we need all the cute girls to smile and get someone to film the SHR GG - right next to them, partying / tail-gating before the race. Hee hee hee

As my grandma used to say... "Yall stop by and say hey" ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:23 pm

Hey Anna.....look us up if u come....a few of us from here will be there celebrating in style....Sec I Rows 6 - 8.....we also tailgate all day too....in the parking lot to the rt of the main entrance ...Tonys suvey trailer is just across the fence from us.....we get lucky enuff to be rt w/ it...lol...

Thank you so much, I am still trying to convience my hubby, this is really something we need to do! He thought going to Charlotte Motor speedway was his ultimate sacrifice!! :lol: :roll: We were lucky enough to have suite tickets for the Coca Cola 600. That is what he calls a sacrifice. Now if it was the Reno Air races, not a problem for him. :roll:

Question: Do you all by a block of seats and/or are there seats still available in that specific area? Also how are the motel/hotel in the area? Is it better to stay in Indianapolis and rent a car?

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
Next

Return to Danica