FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Upheld

<<

chip28018

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Upheld

Nascar upholds on its penalties on the 48!! Here's to another jimmy-less championship.
DOWN WITH JIMMY DOWN WITH JIMMY!!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Re: Upheld

But hold on, they are appealing today's decision so it's not over yet.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Lizard

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Penalties and fines upheld, but Chad will still be at Bristol because they are appealing to National Stock Car Racing chief appellate officer.

Chad Knaus loses appeal
Updated: March 13, 2012, 3:32 PM ET
Associated Press

CONCORD, N.C. -- An appeals panel on Tuesday upheld penalties levied against five-time champion Jimmie Johnson's crew chief for failing the opening day inspection at the Daytona 500.

The three-member committee heard testimony from Hendrick Motorsports and NASCAR, then ruled unanimously in favor of the sanctions.

NASCAR said Knaus presented a car that had illegally modified sheet metal between the roof and the side windows, the area known as the C Post. Knaus has maintained NASCAR made that determination with a visual inspection, the No. 48 Chevrolet never even made it to the templates at Daytona, and the car had been used at all four restrictor-plate races in 2011.

Team owner Rick Hendrick said the team will appeal to the National Stock Car Racing chief appellate officer, and Knaus will work this weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway during the appeal process.

"I don't accept it," Hendrick said outside NASCAR's R&D Center. "Period."

Knaus was suspended six races and fined $100,000; Johnson was docked 25 points and car chief Ron Malec also was suspended six races.

The three appeals panel members who heard Knaus' appeal were former USAC chairman John Capels, former Indy Racing League and Goodyear executive Leo Mehl and Dale Pinilis, operator of Bowman Gray Stadium in Winston-Salem.

The next step for Knaus is a hearing before John Middlebrook, who was appointed in early 2010 as the final judge in NASCAR's appeals process. Middlebrook, who earns $1 a year in this job, retired in 2008 after 49 years with General Motors. His first case came in late 2010 when Richard Childress Racing appealed a championship-crippling 150-point penalty against Clint Bowyer. Middlebrook did not reinstate Bowyer's points but reduced crew chief Shane Wilson's suspension from six races to four, and cut his fine from $150,000 to $100,000.

A reduction in races suspended is probably the best-case scenario for Knaus.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Lizard

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:39 pm

HH I didn't realize there was a 2nd appeal either until Jimmie said something about in in post race on Sunday.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

<<

chip28018

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:44 pm

doesnt matter 25 pionts is what I care about. And all this does is waist time. The "great chad" will be suspended. And on a personal note I cant wait, dont like em dont trust and only wish the could punish jimmie more.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:52 pm

The grand poobah (Middlebrook) has heard all of the information but did not get a vote today.

I find it interesting that HMS has said that they are not planning on an interim replacement on team 48. They obviously have had to give it a great deal of thought but are not ready to share it with the public.

I am by no means a fan of Jimmie Johnson but his accomplishments on the track speak volumes. He is a remarkable driver and even more so an impressive human being. I have to wonder if his legacy will be tarnished because of his association with Mr. Knaus.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:56 pm

onerockindoc wrote:The grand poobah (Middlebrook) has heard all of the information but did not get a vote today.

I find it interesting that HMS has said that they are not planning on an interim replacement on team 48. They obviously have had to give it a great deal of thought but are not ready to share it with the public.

I am by no means a fan of Jimmie Johnson but his accomplishments on the track speak volumes. He is a remarkable driver and even more so an impressive human being. I have to wonder if his legacy will be tarnished because of his association with Mr. Knaus.

JJ's Legacy is already tarnished to me when he didnt smack Kurts yap yap mouth shut last year. LOL.
ImageImageImage
<<

Lizard

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:11 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
onerockindoc wrote:The grand poobah (Middlebrook) has heard all of the information but did not get a vote today.

JJ's Legacy is already tarnished to me when he didnt smack Kurts yap yap mouth shut last year. LOL.

LOL Maybe Jimmie was hoping they would get invited to the hauler so he could follow Jr and Tony's advice, what happens in the hauler stays in the hauler(except for the stuff that leaks out like Ryan punching JPM).

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:52 am

hey chipmunk its JIMMIE, learn to spell, still has 2 more than girdle boy hahahahaha
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:30 am

michaeljohn wrote:hey chipmunk its JIMMIE, learn to spell, still has 2 more than girdle boy hahahahaha

Either way he is screwed.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:29 am

From Jayski's -

National Stock Car Racing Appeals Panel Statement - Penalty Upheld: On March 13, 2012, the National Stock Car Racing Appeals Panel heard and considered the appeal of the #48 Hendrick Motorsports NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team. The penalties concern Section 12-1 of the NASCAR Rule Book "Actions detrimental to stock car racing;" Section 12-4(J): "Any determination by NASCAR Officials that the Race Equipment used in the Event does not conform to NASCAR rules detailed in Section 20 of the NASCAR Rule Book, or has not been approved by NASCAR prior to the Event;" and Section 20-2.1(E): "If in the judgment of NASCAR Officials, any part or component of the car not previously approved by NASCAR that has been installed or modified to enhance aerodynamic performance, will not be permitted: Unapproved car body modifications."

This stemmed from an opening day inspection for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Daytona International Speedway on February 17, 2012.

The original penalties assessed prior to the deferral were:
- Car Owner (Jeffrey M. Gordon)  Loss of 25 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Car Owner points;
- Car Driver (Jimmie K. Johnson)  Loss of 25 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Driver points;
- Crew Chief (Chad A. Knaus) - $100,000.00 fine. Suspended from the next six (6) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Events. Suspended from NASCAR until April 18, 2012. Placed on NASCAR probation until May 9, 2012.
- Car Chief (Ron P. Malec) - Suspended from the next six (6) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Events. Suspended from NASCAR until April 18, 2012. Placed on NASCAR probation until May 9, 2012.
Upon hearing the testimony, carefully reviewing the facts and historically comparative penalties, the unanimous decision of the National Stock Car Racing Appeals Panel (John Capels, Leo Mehl, Dale Pinilis and Ed Bennett: Appellate Administrator and non-voting member) was to uphold the original penalties assessed by NASCAR. The Appellants have the right under Section 15 of the Rule Book to appeal this decision to the National Stock Car Racing Chief Appellate Officer.(NASCAR)
Hendrick Statement..appeal continues Hendrick Motorsports will request a hearing before the National Stock Car Racing chief appellate officer to continue its appeal of NASCAR sanctions related to the #48 Sprint Cup Series team. "The panel was generous with its time today, and we appreciated the opportunity to talk through our concerns," said Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports. "We feel strongly about this issue and will continue to pursue it at the next level." Adjustments to #48 team personnel are not planned while the appeal is ongoing.(HMS)(3-13-2012)
``````````````````````````````````````````

You and your lawyers, go & get 'em RH ! :-)

Seriously? The Car Owner & Driver lose points... because their involvement was what? Association? ? "Really? Seriously? Ew, Dude, that's gross"

If there were objective findings and objective rules, this wouldn't bother me so much.

It's that "If in the JUDGEMENT ( subjective ) of NASCAR Officials" that gets me angry.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.

Return to NASCAR & Racing