FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My my my....Chad got it good .....again!!!

<<

Lizard

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Re: My my my....Chad got it good .....again!!!

So today is the day that we find out what they are really going to get.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:19 pm

I know it won't be televised, but where would be the best (fastest) place to hear the result? NASCAR.COM? Does the appeals board issue their ruling the same day, or later?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Lizard

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:40 pm

A ruling is expected sometime today, but I guess I am skeptical about that since it started at 9am EST and was still going at 12pm EST.

I think Speed has been more up to date with things today.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Just got text.
"Nascar Alert: Hendrick Penalty Upheld"
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

smokieonefour

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:56 pm

From Jayski's -

UPDATE: This is the scene of the National Stock Car Racing Commission. There are 45 members, but they rotate through for hearings. Two members and the chairman, who doesn't vote, hear each case. They will be listening to the Hendrick Motorsports appeal of the hefty penalty given to Jimmie Johnson's team for violations discovered last month during initial inspection for the Daytona 500. Team owner Rick Hendrick doesn't believe the six-race suspensions that NASCAR handed to crew chief Chad Knaus and car chief Ron Malec -- as well as the 25-point penalty given to Johnson -- are fair. He'll argue that the governing body confiscated the C-posts deemed illegal before they went through tech. He'll argue that the same car with the same C-posts -- pillars that come down from the roof to the rear quarter panel -- passed NASCAR's inspection 16 times previously. Odds are, he'll lose.
Not necessarily because he doesn't have a good case, but because the commission seldom overturns decisions. When Richard Childress Racing appealed Clint Bowyer's 150-point penalty in the fall of 2010, the commission had upheld 88 of 132 decisions between the Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Truck Series, reduced 42 and increased two. Most of the reductions were in the lower series. The last time a Cup penalty was reduced was in 2008 with Robby Gordon's team. The last time a Sprint Cup penalty was completely overturned came in 2005, when insufficient evidence was found that Michael Waltrip made an inappropriate gesture during a television broadcast.(ESPN)(3-13-2012)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Lizard

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Penalties and fines upheld, but Chad will still be at Bristol because they are appealing to National Stock Car Racing chief appellate officer.

Chad Knaus loses appeal
Updated: March 13, 2012, 3:32 PM ET
Associated Press

CONCORD, N.C. -- An appeals panel on Tuesday upheld penalties levied against five-time champion Jimmie Johnson's crew chief for failing the opening day inspection at the Daytona 500.

The three-member committee heard testimony from Hendrick Motorsports and NASCAR, then ruled unanimously in favor of the sanctions.

NASCAR said Knaus presented a car that had illegally modified sheet metal between the roof and the side windows, the area known as the C Post. Knaus has maintained NASCAR made that determination with a visual inspection, the No. 48 Chevrolet never even made it to the templates at Daytona, and the car had been used at all four restrictor-plate races in 2011.

Team owner Rick Hendrick said the team will appeal to the National Stock Car Racing chief appellate officer, and Knaus will work this weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway during the appeal process.

"I don't accept it," Hendrick said outside NASCAR's R&D Center. "Period."

Knaus was suspended six races and fined $100,000; Johnson was docked 25 points and car chief Ron Malec also was suspended six races.

The three appeals panel members who heard Knaus' appeal were former USAC chairman John Capels, former Indy Racing League and Goodyear executive Leo Mehl and Dale Pinilis, operator of Bowman Gray Stadium in Winston-Salem.

The next step for Knaus is a hearing before John Middlebrook, who was appointed in early 2010 as the final judge in NASCAR's appeals process. Middlebrook, who earns $1 a year in this job, retired in 2008 after 49 years with General Motors. His first case came in late 2010 when Richard Childress Racing appealed a championship-crippling 150-point penalty against Clint Bowyer. Middlebrook did not reinstate Bowyer's points but reduced crew chief Shane Wilson's suspension from six races to four, and cut his fine from $150,000 to $100,000.

A reduction in races suspended is probably the best-case scenario for Knaus.

<<

jamo14

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:55 pm

the chances of anyone winning an appeal in NASCAR is about the same as a 16 seed beating a 1 seed in the NCAA tourney...it ain't gonna happen, and HMS had a legitimate beef in this case
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Well, I learned something new... NASCAR has a 2nd level of appeal.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:18 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:Well, I learned something new... NASCAR has a 2nd level of appeal.

I read where this upper level is very hard to win. Sometimes they will lower a few things but never wipe the case clean. It will go against Knaus forever just like his other appeals. I would think Chad would get the message by now especially when they will watch every move he makes.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:12 pm

ndunn wrote:
HiddenHollow wrote:Well, I learned something new... NASCAR has a 2nd level of appeal.

I read where this upper level is very hard to win. Sometimes they will lower a few things but never wipe the case clean. It will go against Knaus forever just like his other appeals. I would think Chad would get the message by now especially when they will watch every move he makes.

Apparently, Chad has Rick's OK to be an "innovator." :mrgreen:

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:18 pm

I learned something about the second level of appeal, if the penalty is upheld, they (the appeal board) get to select the races Chad has to sit out. That is interesting!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Annalee wrote:I learned something about the second level of appeal, if the penalty is upheld, they (the appeal board) get to select the races Chad has to sit out. That is interesting!

that would be interesting.
I figured HMS was delaying the suspensions to get all their ducks in a row for when he is gone, but if the appeal board picks when he is suspended could throw a monkey wrench into that plan. Instead of HMS dictating when Chad misses races, the board will?
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:28 pm

I can't believe it either, but that is what was said on NASCAR NOW. I think by Marty Smith, but don't quote me, I am not sure. He also stated that it has more impact if the races are consecutive. I just think NASCAR, is tired of Chad pushing them into a corner. Jimmie is a great driver, but people will always wonder if he could have won without Chad's extra help. Also, this is risk versus reward. The garage is a community of crew members and drivers who know when someone's car is different. They all know. I think that someone turned them in, because they did't even get into " the room of doom", JMO. And why Chad always picks Daytona to push the limit, I don't know. :roll:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing