FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TBR --what a bad deal?

<<

racer1

Posts: 1127

8000

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:24 am

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:36 pm

TBR --what a bad deal?

Just saw on Race Hub the #10 car is 39th in points. Apparently finishing Vegas in 32nd didnt do much for some reason? Wonder what SHR is thinking about this deal NOW, as I know what Iam thinking.

This deal made Danica look bad and now the joke is --she still may have to qualify for Darlington--yeh--like thats going to happen? Maybe though there wont be more then 43 entrys if it comes down to that--we can only hope? Hopefully the contract is such that if they cant keep the car in points the deal is OFF as it should never have been made in the first place.

I never thought it would be that hard for a veteran driver, even like Reutiman, to keep it in the points as how hard is it to make top 35 or even top 30 in these races, as almost a dozen or so never finish anyway? Either the car is crap or the driver is, course crashing and blowing engines doesnt help--nice one SHR> Course this doesnt help TBR either as they wanted some good exposure with this deal--Oh well, still some races left before Darlington and they can always go back to S&P. :roll:
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4537

8305

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: TBR --what a bad deal?

you can look at it like, they are 39th in points or that even though they finished 32 they gained three spots from 42nd. (I know how annalee would look at it)
For a Danica fan like you however should be happy or feel lucky this deal was struck. Without it Danica never makes the 500 as she wrecked during the duels, & wouldnt have gotten in on her Q-speed.
You should just say thank you for thinking ahead Tony, & move on.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

User avatar

Posts: 5914

10279

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Location: Home of NASCAR

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Re: TBR --what a bad deal?

Racer 1, I hope you know that when Reutiman drives #10 car, it has ECR engines and TBR equipment. When Danica drives it, it is totally SHR engine and equipment. Having said that, Danica is in far superior equipment, so even if she has to qualify she can do it. She is a racer! You have to start looking at things like Schmoopy does. Everything use to be half empty, and now it's half full. Have faith and hang in there. David Reutiman is a dirt track racer at heart. He won the only two races for MWR. He knows he needs to perform because cup rides are few and if he wants a future in cup, this is it. Remember half full. :)
Image

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4537

8305

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: TBR --what a bad deal?

Annalee wrote:Racer 1, I hope you know that when Reutiman drives #10 car, it has ECR engines and TBR equipment. When Danica drives it, it is totally SHR engine and equipment. Having said that, Danica is in far superior equipment, so even if she has to qualify she can do it. She is a racer! You have to start looking at things like Schmoopy does. Everything use to be half empty, and now it's half full. Have faith and hang in there. David Reutiman is a dirt track racer at heart. He won the only two races for MWR. He knows he needs to perform because cup rides are few and if he wants a future in cup, this is it. Remember half full. :)

just for the record Annalee, I dont look at it as half full or half empty. I look at it was a half a glass of water. (I'm a realist)
I just try & help you get your message across to the gloomy people, that have lost sense of reality! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

User avatar

Posts: 5914

10279

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Location: Home of NASCAR

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: TBR --what a bad deal?

Your a good man, Schmoopy! :)
Image

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

User avatar

Posts: 2536

Images: 1
10544

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Location: Houston, Texas

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: TBR --what a bad deal?

All this handwringing over a couple of drivers you don't like and apparently a deal YOU don't approve of.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8953

Images: 0
10183

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Re: TBR --what a bad deal?

dave r is a good talent, tbr has bad equipment, everyone knows HMS is the best, they just wanted her in the 500, and if she is as great as you say she is, she wont have a problem getting into darlington
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:00 pm

Re: TBR --what a bad deal?

LOL I am starting to wonder if Racer1 watches these races at all. Every race that David Reuitmann has been in the 10 car, they have had some sort of engine issue. They blew up at Phoenix, and something broke at Vegas. Reutimann will get it in there. Remember the 21 and 33 are not running the full season, that is two spots that will automatically be given to 36th and 37th. He is 39th, he is a good driver, he'll be alright.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4537

8305

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:31 pm

Re: TBR --what a bad deal?

Smokeshow14 wrote:LOL I am starting to wonder if Racer1 watches these races at all. Every race that David Reuitmann has been in the 10 car, they have had some sort of engine issue. They blew up at Phoenix, and something broke at Vegas. Reutimann will get it in there. Remember the 21 and 33 are not running the full season, that is two spots that will automatically be given to 36th and 37th. He is 39th, he is a good driver, he'll be alright.

Racer is just being gloomy right now.
We should sick Annalee on him. I mean every one of his points, had no point to it. His posts are like trying to stab someone with a beach ball! :D
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Posts: 1127

8000

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:24 am

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:37 pm

Re: TBR --what a bad deal?

Thanks for all the opinions but doesnt really help the situation. The facts are SHR should have been smart enough to know how bad TBR was and there lousy eguip etc etc as noted, but obviously they either didnt or didnt care?

As far as Danica making the 500 or not making it as she crashed anyway and finished terrible, so all she gained was NOthing--except for a series of crashes and one very bad crash that couldve been much worse.

Being a Danica fan I know her very well and her weakness as ive explained before, and even both her Tonys have expressed their concerns with as well. She is lousy at short track racing as she has NO background whatsoever with stock cars to draw from regarding short tracks as most all the other drivers have. If she has to qualify on time for Darlington tough as it is, she WONT, unless as stated there are only 43 entries where she makes it anyway. She only qualified 30th for Phx which is far easier then Darlington and she has been at Phx quite a few times now and she still CANT get IT> Iam NOT a fanatical fan but one who sees her weakness and that IS short track racing with stock cars that are NOT stuck to the track like an Indycar--plain and simple. I seriously dont know if she will ever get it good enough, but this yr will tell the story for sure.

Far as TBR i kind of feel bad for them, but IF they screw this deal UP they wont hear the end of it from the media, and that wont be good for them being a struggling team trying to get ahead and really become competitive. This could be a sad deal all around, and if Reutiman cant get this car in the points it wont be good for him either or his future. Hopefully it will all work out as when I see the 10 car down in the 20's like he had it at times i feel better about it, but it doesnt last and thats the problem. Guess we'll see, but IF Danica cant learn short tracks she is waisting her time in nascar--there Ive said it-- and Iam a fan of hers but a realistic one--not a dreamer.. I'll be rooting for Reutiman for sure as Danica does need all the help regarding the short tracks as I belive the 1 1/2 miles tracks arent that big of problem for her as she qualified fine at Vegas for example--heres hoping but--whats next--Bristol? :roll:
Last edited by racer1 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4537

8305

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:45 pm

Re: TBR --what a bad deal?

See, Gloomy!
Smile. Not because it will make you feel better, but because it will make people wonder what you are up too! Image (BTW Darlington isnt a short track either)
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

User avatar

Posts: 5914

10279

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Location: Home of NASCAR

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:37 am

Re: TBR --what a bad deal?

Racer1, you must not have watched the Daytona 500, or you would have seen the jet dryer explosion. Let me educate you on what happened and why I bring it up.
When the jet dryer caught on fire, they had to red flag the race. Are you still with me? Do you understand so far? Okay! Now when they red flagged the race, TBR was in the lead. It started raining, if they would have called the race , TBR would have won a truck load of money, something they could really use. Dave Blaney was the driver, a great guy and a very good driver. In this struggling economy he would have won the Daytona 500, it would have set them up for very big things. It would have been a great story! TBR needed the money that Tony offered him for Danica's points. My point is: Racing is not just talent, luck plays a big part . So cool your jets! :roll:

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:LOL I am starting to wonder if Racer1 watches these races at all. Every race that David Reuitmann has been in the 10 car, they have had some sort of engine issue. They blew up at Phoenix, and something broke at Vegas. Reutimann will get it in there. Remember the 21 and 33 are not running the full season, that is two spots that will automatically be given to 36th and 37th. He is 39th, he is a good driver, he'll be alright.

Racer is just being gloomy right now.
We should sick Annalee on him. I mean every one of his points, had no point to it. His posts are like trying to stab someone with a beach ball! :D


SCHMOOPY, thanks for the vote of confidence but I can't fix stupid!!! :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:
Image

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

racer1

Posts: 1127

8000

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:24 am

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:16 am

Re: TBR --what a bad deal?

Heres a clue for some of you that think you can dictate what i think. I was watching racing of all kinds probably before some of you were even born. Therefore take you immature childish rants elsewhere. You arent smart enough to educate yourself let alone others as your stupidity is showing every time you make your lame comments.

This TBR merger IS without a doubt a terrible deal and SHR should be ashamed. IF Danica cant qualify on HER OWN--she does NOT belong in Nascar--simple and thats where i agree with all the naysayers as they ARE right. This series should never be about somone buying a ride--they should have to EARN it--why dont you idiots get off your "high and mighty" no-nothing throne and understand that?

Danica and all her comments now about "dialing back expectations etc", why do you think that IS?? Its because she is now seeing she isnt very good at this kind of racing as she hasnt got the background needed to ever be good at it without others bad luck where she gains postions & good results by attrition and NOT by her own talent in this series.

Its a well known fact behind closed doors that neither of her teams, JR Motorsports or SHR give a crap about her-- ALL they want is the Godaddy $$$'s --and thats not brain science for most to see the value in that.

Danica was easily competitive in Indycar but she isnt in Nascar and thats the bottom line and teams trying to buy her way or so called help her is really only about them and what trhey can gain by it, and its only discrediting her more, and it will back fire eventually when she herself finally realises these facts, as she may already be figuring it out as even some of her fans are--face it? :roll:
<<

Lizard

User avatar

Posts: 684

180

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:40 am

Re: TBR --what a bad deal?

racer1 wrote:Heres a clue for some of you that think you can dictate what i think. I was watching racing of all kinds probably before some of you were even born. Therefore take you immature childish rants elsewhere. You arent smart enough to educate yourself let alone others as your stupidity is showing every time you make your lame comments.

This TBR merger IS without a doubt a terrible deal and SHR should be ashamed. IF Danica cant qualify on HER OWN--she does NOT belong in Nascar--simple and thats where i agree with all the naysayers as they ARE right. This series should never be about somone buying a ride--they should have to EARN it--why dont you idiots get off your "high and mighty" no-nothing throne and understand that?

Danica and all her comments now about "dialing back expectations etc", why od you think that IS?? Because she is now seeing she isnt very good at this kind of racing as she hasnt got the background needed to ever be good at it without others bad luck where she gains postions & results by attrition and NOT by racing.

Its a well known fact behind closed doors that neither of her teams, JR Motorsports or SHR give a crap about her-- ALL they want is the Godaddy $$$'s --and thats not brain science for most to see the value in that.

Danica was easily competitive in Indycar but she isnt in Nascar and thats the bottom line and people trying to buy her way in is only discrediting her more, and it will back fire eventually when she herself finally realises these facts, as she may already be figuring it out? :roll:


Thank you I really needed a good laugh today. Danica easily competitive in IRL :lol: I guess you and I were not watching the same races for the last 7 years in IRL and the 2 years before that in Toyota Atlantic.

So you are in on what Tony and Dale Jr think WOW!! Yes, I will not disagree that Go Daddy money is great but to say that they do not care about Danica is well just not knowing the history of Tony or Jr.

Look you are entitled to your opinions as are the rest of us. I think you should take some time and learn about NASCAR before spouting off non-sense but hey be who you are and say what you want just realize we will be doing the same. I do not wish for Danica to fail but I think you finally are admitting that she does not have the skills to be where she is at and is only there because she has used her female assets to get there rather than her skill. Time will tell and I hope I am wrong, but I still come back to the fact that Sam Hornish, JR was GREAT IRL driver and look how hard the path in NASCAR has been for him and he has an owner who backs him all the way.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4537

8305

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Re: TBR --what a bad deal?

So Racer...... may I conclude, that you are retracting your statement Imagethat Danica is gonna out drive Ryan this year? Image
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to Danica

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER