FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica's merchandise sales

<<

racer1

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:52 am

Danica's merchandise sales

While its well known in Indycar, no team/driver could come close to matching Danica's merchandise sales for 7 yrs. and was even reported she sold more merchandise of her own then all other drivers combined. It was reported yrs ago that any one race weekend she could sell from $50,000+ at average races to over $100,000+ in merchandise during the Indy500 and others with big fan turnout.

Now she is a proven seller in Nascar among the top 10 drivers per reports and #1 in reg NNS drivers, as some of them have little merchandise available. Even being new to Sprint Cup with the 10 car, that diecast of the regular 1/24 scale Godaddy Green 2012 car normally for $64.99 IS "sold out" at the Nascar store..Called and said it could be weeks before more are available do to demand. Course there are many others for much more $$$'s like the Chrome or Brushed metal etc but I prefer to buy the diecast closest resembling what she is actually driving. While ebay and amazon sellers have that car or say they do, I choose to stay away from those sellers.

Some teams/drivers have said in Indycar for sure it isnt/wasnt worth their trouble to market nerchandise as per the cost of making the products versus selling enough to pay for that cost. Danica has certainly proved it is worth the risk doing so and can be very profitable, not to mention fans love to have merchandise of their favorite driver and if there isnt any, they may find another driver who does have merchandise they can wear, display etc. 8-)

This racing world where popularity is key for sponsors etc, is all about promotion and marketing to get known to the GP and the rest will follow.
<<

jamo14

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:49 pm

Re: Danica's merchandise sales

don't care
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:43 pm

Danica has to make her money somewhere,cuz it certianly isn't on the track!
<<

racer1

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:01 am

"Danica has to make her money somewhere,cuz it certianly isn't on the track!"

That is the dumbest statement I ever heard which shows you know nothing, but you clearly fit right in to this forum full of no nothing posters like yourself--congrads.

Why dont you losers take a Flying leap out of here, as your lame rants arent welcome on a board that represents SHR who Danica is a part of now so take your buddies and crawl back in your holes where you belong. What bothers you most, that Danica is rich and has a great life doing what she loves, or that you whiners clearly have nothing to feel good about within your own pathetic existence. :roll:
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:58 am

racer1 wrote:"Danica has to make her money somewhere,cuz it certianly isn't on the track!"

That is the dumbest statement I ever heard which shows you know nothing, but you clearly fit right in to this forum full of no nothing posters like yourself--congrads.

Why dont you losers take a Flying leap out of here, as your lame rants arent welcome on a board that represents SHR who Danica is a part of now so take your buddies and crawl back in your holes where you belong. What bothers you most, that Danica is rich and has a great life doing what she loves, or that you whiners clearly have nothing to feel good about within your own pathetic existence. :roll:

the answer we were looking for is BROKEN RECORD, thank you for playing

<<

racer1

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:10 am

Once again--Grow UP. Those of you ranters who have nothing good to say, but click on a topic anyway just to post trash are clearly lacking someting in your own loser life. Do you really think your litle nasty remarks matter--they DONT> Remember "If you cant say anything good then say nothing at all" as it benefits no-one to have such a negative attitude, most of all certainly not yourself.

Heres a helpfull thought--IF you dont like the topic of the thread or who its about, then be mature enough to simply ignore it. I post regarding Danica, articles, info etc that some fans even here on this apparently moreso anti Danica site, so the few of her fans here might enjoy, as some here have posted Pics, articles etc I enjoy.

How bout you Danica haters just avoid her topics and threads, as Iam avoiding all the "poor Ryan rants", out of courtesy now--good grief.. :roll:
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:46 am

I'm not a Danica hater, I'm a hater of your constant name-calling and your constant attempts to degrade members of this forum.

You get what you ask for racer1, and no one here is gonna respect you or your posts if you continue to act like this.

There have been other members who have acted like you are acting, and quite frankly, it's become rather dull....we've all seen this movie before.

Take your own advice, and grow up.

<<

Lizard

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:14 pm

racer1 wrote:Once again--Grow UP. Those of you ranters who have nothing good to say, but click on a topic anyway just to post trash are clearly lacking someting in your own loser life. Do you really think your litle nasty remarks matter--they DONT> Remember "If you cant say anything good then say nothing at all" as it benefits no-one to have such a negative attitude, most of all certainly not yourself.

Heres a helpfull thought--IF you dont like the topic of the thread or who its about, then be mature enough to simply ignore it. I post regarding Danica, articles, info etc that some fans even here on this apparently moreso anti Danica site, so the few of her fans here might enjoy, as some here have posted Pics, articles etc I enjoy.

How bout you Danica haters just avoid her topics and threads, as Iam avoiding all the "poor Ryan rants", out of courtesy now--good grief.. :roll:

Since I do not hate Danica, just dislike her attitude why should I avoid her topics and threads. She is a part of SHR which I support. I have tried to hold back but I like talking about all things racing, the good and the bad and decided why should I avoid the Danica thread just because of one member. Just as in life there are going to be people that do not agree with what we think and feel, that doesn't mean we get to tear them down. I am not a Danica hater, but have watched her in IRL and frankly never really liked her attitude. I have hope that being called out by a NASCAR Cup Champion that she will realize that she needs to check the attitude at times but time will tell. I was happy that when Danica decided to move to NASCAR she did it steps and realized that she could not just jump from one to the other without a relearning everything and maybe her attitude had gotten better. I am still holding out hope but only time will tell how she will be.

I find it interesting that someone would feel the right to tell others what they can read and comment on. Please stop and think how that would be received.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

BlackFlag

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:32 pm

I wonder if the gift shop at SHR carries any of Danica's die-casts?
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:12 pm

BlackFlag wrote:I wonder if the gift shop at SHR carries any of Danica's die-casts?

Well so far they do not carry any at the online shop. But you can pre-order them at Danica's official site.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

<<

Lizard

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:25 pm

racer1 wrote:While its well known in Indycar, no team/driver could come close to matching Danica's merchandise sales for 7 yrs. and was even reported she sold more merchandise of her own then all other drivers combined. It was reported yrs ago that any one race weekend she could sell from $50,000+ at average races to over $100,000+ in merchandise during the Indy500 and others with big fan turnout.

Now she is a proven seller in Nascar among the top 10 drivers per reports and #1 in reg NNS drivers, as some of them have little merchandise available. Even being new to Sprint Cup with the 10 car, that diecast of the regular 1/24 scale Godaddy Green 2012 car normally for $64.99 IS "sold out" at the Nascar store..Called and said it could be weeks before more are available do to demand. Course there are many others for much more $$$'s like the Chrome or Brushed metal etc but I prefer to buy the diecast closest resembling what she is actually driving. While ebay and amazon sellers have that car or say they do, I choose to stay away from those sellers.

Some teams/drivers have said in Indycar for sure it isnt/wasnt worth their trouble to market nerchandise as per the cost of making the products versus selling enough to pay for that cost. Danica has certainly proved it is worth the risk doing so and can be very profitable, not to mention fans love to have merchandise of their favorite driver and if there isnt any, they may find another driver who does have merchandise they can wear, display etc. 8-)

This racing world where popularity is key for sponsors etc, is all about promotion and marketing to get known to the GP and the rest will follow.

Funny thing when I called today, they told me that the Tony Stewart diecast would not ship for 25-26 weeks or I could get the $59.99 one in 9 weeks but the Danica would ship in 2 days. Not arguing just saying I got a different result.

<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Stretch, yawn. Just another "member" who keeps trying to cause trouble here. You're not even in the top 10 troublemakers here. Give it a rest racer1 and when you actually have something thought provoking to add we can have a discussion.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:58 pm

doc, id like to think i am #1 with a bullet, im going to write to the webmaster and ask them to start a jimmie johnson thread so i can brag about him, about how is dealerships bring in 500 million dollars, how he is also on the top list of merch sales, and like tony, he actually wins on the track.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:13 pm

michaeljohn wrote:doc, id like to think i am #1 with a bullet, im going to write to the webmaster and ask them to start a jimmie johnson thread so i can brag about him, about how is dealerships bring in 500 million dollars, how he is also on the top list of merch sales, and like tony, he actually wins on the track.

winning on the track doesnt matter if you are having fun :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:15 pm

it helps, i never played 11 years of hockey to lose or not score a goal.
Next

Return to Danica