FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Goooood Morning SHR - Thursday

<<

jsw14

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:44 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Thursday

Mornin gang, Thx for the [_]/ of Folgers SW :) AAAhhhhh, another Beau-T-ful day in the Villages, 64* now & a high of 86*. I think I'll head out to the drivein range today 8-) 8-)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:55 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Thursday

Good mornin' Gang!!

It will be time to watch PIR practice later today. :D Maybe it will help me with my weekly picks.

Yup, beautiful day in Flori-duh today, j!!!

Glad Beav won't be getting the hot weather he doesn't like. :mrgreen:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

awsum14

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:33 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Friday

Goooood Morning SHR

It's a balmy 52* this morning and it's going to the mid 60's with a 50% chance of rain storms. But the weekends here, so who gives a darn.. :D :D

Thanks for the Folgers S14W, I just woke up from a power nap. And It's time to head for home

FRI 3/2
NASCAR Live Phoenix 12:30 pm SPEED
Nationwide Series Practice 1:00 p.m. - 2:20 p.m. SPEED
Sprint Cup Series Practice 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. SPEED
Nationwide Final Practice 4:10 p.m. - 5:20 p.m. SPEED
Sprint Cup Series Final Practice 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. SPEED
Trackside Phoenix 700 pm SPEED

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

Lizard

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:34 am

I am hoping watching practice helps me decide on my picks as well. There is this strange part of me that almost wants to pick JJ since he always seems to rise to the occasion but logic tells me no.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Lizard wrote:I am hoping watching practice helps me decide on my picks as well. There is this strange part of me that almost wants to pick JJ since he always seems to rise to the occasion but logic tells me no.

That's one of the reasons I want to watch practice. You can never count JJ out. I'm just not sure how seriously to consider him this week. :?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:11 pm

I had thought about going with Jimmy for the Daytona 500, but never did pick him. Whew, that was a close one.

I thought about him for Phoenix, still thinking that one over waiting on practice.

I hope I get to watch it, we're just now put into a tornado watch until 9 tonight. The weather channel on the computer since yesterday said today & tonight is severe with possible tornados.

Hubby just called me up telling me if we get a warning, I have to call him up because he doesn't have a radio for weather info where he's working. He's working 30-45 mins away from home & in an area that's more prone to tornado's than here at our house area. Time to turn on the weather radio & hear it all day long.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Smoke14Wins wrote:I had thought about going with Jimmy for the Daytona 500, but never did pick him. Whew, that was a close one.

I thought about him for Phoenix, still thinking that one over waiting on practice.

I hope I get to watch it, we're just now put into a tornado watch until 9 tonight. The weather channel on the computer since yesterday said today & tonight is severe with possible tornados.

Hubby just called me up telling me if we get a warning, I have to call him up because he doesn't have a radio for weather info where he's working. He's working 30-45 mins away from home & in an area that's more prone to tornado's than here at our house area. Time to turn on the weather radio & hear it all day long.

Keep an eye (ear) out! You & hubby be safe... PLEASE! ;) :D :D :D

BTW, how is hubby feeling these days after the awful time he had post-surgery? Obviously, he is back to work.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:58 pm

HH, yes he's back to work. He went back to work one week after the rear end surgery. The Dr. told him he didn't want him working while on the pain pills, it wasn't because of the surgery itself, just for the first 3 days it was. Hubby knows he can't work while on them pain pills, he gets too out of it. So he takes them at night when his hip pain hurts bad. It's the same pain pill, but it has added Tylenol in it.

Anyway, the urge that he has to go & he can't isn't because he's bound up, the Dr told him it's spasams inside that makes him feel like he has to go a lot when he really doesn't need to. He'll be like that for quite a while. He goes back in a month for an internal check up. :shock:

Speaking of his hip pain, (leg), worker comp called & asked him something about the pain shot requests the Dr is trying to get approved for him. He answered & they're now processing the requst & we should hear something back in a few days finally.

They now say that pain down his leg from his hip is from a nerve getting pressure on the hip bone area where they had to put him together again with some kind of metal. Said the buldging disks in his back wasn't bad enough to be causing the leg pain he has, it's the nerve around the hip area.

Right now we're in a dry pocket between large blobs of rain. But colorful reds & yellows are coming. But from looking at how it comes in motion on their radar, it looks like it's going above & below me here at the house. I'll have to keep track for where the hubby's working at.

We really haven't warmed up much, been stuck at 53* for hrs all day long. We're now up to 55* & the sun isn't shining so that's good, it won't fuel the skies. The NOAA weather radio has been quiet too thankfully.

Just got in from picking the kids up from school & letting them get a free coffee from Tom Horton's & they bought a donut each. Didn't win anything on the rim of the coffee cup, but yesterday I won a free coffee of Latte. I've never had a latte & don't even know what one is. :?
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Smoke14Wins wrote:Anyway, the urge that he has to go & he can't isn't because he's bound up, the Dr told him it's spasams inside that makes him feel like he has to go a lot when he really doesn't need to. He'll be like that for quite a while. He goes back in a month for an internal check up. :shock:

Thanks for the update. My only fear would be the one time he thinks it's a false alarm and it turns out that it wasn't. Double- :shock: :shock:

I guess somewhere I missed that he also had hip/leg trouble and bulging discs. Man, talk about a triple whammy!! No wonder he is on pain killers.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Mrs B

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:29 pm

I say that if you are going to get fixed up, why not do it all at once instead of one piece at a time. :mrgreen:
There are two ways of doing things...the wrong way and my way.

What, don't want to do it my way, there is a fine for that.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:37 pm

He makes sure he tries when he feels like he needs to go, if he can't hold it or the urge any longer. Now at home, the throne gets well visited sometimes :mrgreen:

Mrs. B. He got himself patched up on the hip in several places with metal 5 yrs ago. His broken upper leg got a metal plate or rod (it was about 2 finger wide & as long as your middle finger, but that has since been removed) & the ball on his femur bone is healed but still has the screw in place that held it back in position because it had detached all together 5 yrs ago from his bad fall. That fall is what has caused all his woes.
Smoke
<<

awsum14

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:10 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Saturday

Goooood Morning SHR

Just woke up a little while ago. :shock: :shock: ( for the second time). Nikki woke me up at 4:00 and wanted me to change the TV channel in the bed room so he could watch cartoons. I said No Way your going back to sleep for a little longer. He final went back to sleep around 4:45. And so did I...

Brewed a pot of Arizona Blnd this morning. Heard it has a little snake bite to it...Man, that'll wake you up....

SAT 3/3
Nationwide Series Qualifying 1:05 p.m. SPEED
Sprint Cup Series Qualifying 2:35 p.m. SPEED
TV Pre-Race 4:00 p.m. ESPN2/MRN
Nationwide Series Bashas Supermarkets 200 4:30 p.m. MRN/ESPN2

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:59 am

We got a couple of inches of snow, we now have freezing rain which will later switch to rain supposedly.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

jsw14

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:03 pm

Flori-Duh has only ONE fordcast>>>Warm & Sunny :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:00 pm

jsw14 wrote:Flori-Duh has only ONE fordcast>>>Warm & Sunny :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Today you can add Windy. At least where I am located.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby