FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My my my....Chad got it good .....again!!!

<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:10 am

Re: My my my....Chad got it good .....again!!!

im not sayin this cuz chad got busted, i just wish nascar would be consistent in its rulings, and not make up as we go along, just like in 97 with the Jurassic car for gordon, they told ray and the 24 team never bring a car like that to the track again, even tho it didnt break any rules.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Lizard

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:45 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:everyone loves the fact the can call chad and the 48 team cheaters, so they can justify whatever success the team has had, i remember on speed when this went down they asked all the drivers that worked for speed and they all said the same thing " if your not pushing the envelope, your not doing your job as a CC" and all agreed they would want chad for that fact,

if your not exploring those grey areas, your not doing your job as cc, nascar is based on getting the edge, and yes cheating, dont fool yourselves, if your fav driver and his team could get away with it, they would do it,

thats what I have been saying.
You read the rule book to find out whats not in there.

That is what I have been trying to say as well.
By the way here is what Smoke, Bad Brad, and Carl had to say regarding racing ethics last Fall.
http://www.nascar.com/video/preview/sou ... index.html

? Did Brad have a ton of choices of who to go drive for in Cup??
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:54 pm

Lizard wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:everyone loves the fact the can call chad and the 48 team cheaters, so they can justify whatever success the team has had, i remember on speed when this went down they asked all the drivers that worked for speed and they all said the same thing " if your not pushing the envelope, your not doing your job as a CC" and all agreed they would want chad for that fact,

if your not exploring those grey areas, your not doing your job as cc, nascar is based on getting the edge, and yes cheating, dont fool yourselves, if your fav driver and his team could get away with it, they would do it,

thats what I have been saying.
You read the rule book to find out whats not in there.

That is what I have been trying to say as well.
By the way here is what Smoke, Bad Brad, and Carl had to say regarding racing ethics last Fall.
http://www.nascar.com/video/preview/sou ... index.html

? Did Brad have a ton of choices of who to go drive for in Cup??

Well I think there was talk of Brad moving up with Jr Motorsports to cup. he did some racing for Phoenix. & somekinda ties with HMS, where a lot of people thought he would end up (if my memory is right, which is old so who knows) I remember being surprised he went to Penske. So I am not sure how many options he had going into the season where he became a full time cup driver, but I know there were options on the table. With all that said, sounds like Brad is just doing some lip service to Penske (his boss)
All Confident Crew Chiefs (& or teams) push the envelope. Honestly the car allegidly would have fit the template, so nothing wrong living in the grey area in my opinion. (I wish my driver had a confident Crew chief)
Also not sure what they expected Tony to say (since he is an owner) "Sure we push the grey area all the time, come look!"
Think Carl was the more accurate of the three on how it works.
ImageImageImage
<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Thanks for that video link Lizard. Interesting to watch and loved the answers by Smoke and by Brad. Good for them! Whether Brad meant his words or not, his respect for the Penske team seemed sincere and that was nice to hear. If Brad keeps talking like this, he may win some more fans.

But I especially liked Smoke's statement that cheating isn't worth it. He didn't talk about it from a moral standpoint, just that the benefits are not worth the risk. But it was nice to hear as I don't like supporting a team that cheats.

It was funny that Carl wasn't as forthright about it as Tony was. He said they like to win fair and square but he didn't come out and say he was against cheating. But then I'm kind of biased against Edwards and probably viewed this through bias eyes.

Overall, very interesting. Thanks Lizard.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:31 pm

NASCAR told teams not to mess with this car. Hendrick is the best team in NASCAR they knew what they are doing. Honestly I think this is a message to JJ that maybe the relationship is over if Chad has to resort to doing things like this.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:33 pm

I dont think I have ever seen a 100% legal car at any race track I have been too.
Carl is right. There is a lot of quiet stuff going on, with race cars, but all the competitors usually know what each other are doing, that could be deemed a lil bit over the line. When I was pitting a car at our local dirt track. It was always, well this guy is doing this & that guy is doing that. It was more a learning exp. on how to get more out of your car without getting in trouble with the officals. All the teams knew what all the other teams were doing. Just made us feel better when we beat them.
I think a lot of the fans that backlash Chad over this, probably doesnt know or realize the behind the scenes that goes on at race tracks. Its not uncommon, & is excepted part of racing. If you threw the media in our pits back then, not a single driver (well most likely) would say another driver was cheating, & that cheating shouldnt be tolerated. While everyone of them are looking for that small advantage. (we call cheating) I was impressed Carl used the words cheating & not grey area. Now if someone came in & was cheating & had a major advantage, it would get crushed (stopped) either by the competitors or they would turn that guy into the officals. However I dont think I ever seen a legal competitive car on the track LOL.
It is easy to find the legal car on a race track. he is the guy in the back getting lapped.
Last edited by Schmoopy1000 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:35 pm

i think your looking way to deep into that, because chad was given the option last year to be promoted in HMS or stay as CC.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Chad should h moved up. This is his what 12th season as a cc, 11th with the 48. It's time for a change. They aren't going to win the title after this that is asking too much even for JJ.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:Chad should h moved up. This is his what 12th season as a cc, 11th with the 48. It's time for a change. They aren't going to win the title after this that is asking too much even for JJ.

I dont understand this concept. To think he isnt gonna win a championship for whatever reason is one thing. I dont think he is gonna win the championship either. However it has nothing to do with the penalty. it is a 25 pt penalty. last year at the chase, he was 145 pts ahead of 11th place. Once the Chase starts, all the points are reset. This penalty realistically, means nothing to the 48 team, & wont have any affect on them at all. Now if there wasnt a chase reset of points, or if they were to take 25 pts from the 48 team once the chase starts, I guess I could see the argument of this penalty meaning something.
ImageImageImage
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:23 pm

At this point in the season, they have plenty of time to overcome 25 points.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

Lizard

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:05 pm

Ok let me state first that I think JJ will make the chase, he's got the wild card if he is not within the points.

That being said I think coming back from the points is going to be harder with the point system change. It's not so much that he is -23 points it's that he is -70 from 1st and -58 from 10th. In the new system that is a hole he will have to dig out from.

Oh and I was correct Chad is on the box this weekend because they are appealing the penalty.

http://www.nascar.com/news/120302/cknau ... index.html
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

jamo14

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:08 pm

and sometimes you step over the line in 2 areas of the car...1 is the one you want, and the other is for them to find somewhere else on the car so they don't pay much attention to the other :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

jsw14

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:47 pm

jamo14 wrote:and sometimes you step over the line in 2 areas of the car...1 is the one you want, and the other is for them to find somewhere else on the car so they don't pay much attention to the other :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one jamzzzzzz :twisted: I'll drink too that :D Image
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:04 pm

lets all remember what happened in 06. when the chad made a boo boo, they went on a 5 year run, is it going to happen? obviously not, but it would be comical if they got the tittle this year.
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 pm

No drinkin' and drivin'
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing