FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dont mess with Danica

<<

racer1

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Dont mess with Danica

Saw this days ago as this nobody radio guy trying to get some attention by the mere mention of Danicas name (like others as well) and by trashing her--kind of back fired on him didnt it? Danica has a huge team behind her and tons of money and their job is to promote and market her of course but part of their job is also protecting her image. Ive heard there are people who monitor all media, in print, internet or over the air in her camp for this reason. Even though this guy apologized later Iam sure Fox heard from her camp and as they are the main nascar network and certainly arent going to tolerate almost defamation or slanderous remarks by their own idiots on air so they took action. I can think of a few others who needs to be thrown out also and I'll bet this is why Kyle Petty has changed his nasty tune regarding her as well as he wants to keep his job? Freedom of Speach has been running rampid for yrs and I look for things to change regarding that someday?

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... tona-500/1
<<

futura64

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Re: Dont mess with Danica

Maybe there is a lesson to be learned by all the sports reporters. Its got nothing to do with Danica. I tune in to sports to get the news. I don't give a rat's rear what his personal opinions are, of anyone. Just report the sports news Ross.
BudmaninTx
<<

Lizard

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:14 pm

So I watched the clip and do not think he was wrong in what he did since I have heard sports reporters say worse things about male athletes(Tony's roundness comes to mind). Seriously she cannot have it both ways using her sex appeal and then complain about it as well. I don't care if she uses her "assets" to promote herself but don't witch about it later.

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles ... k_a_B.html

Danica should realize that many of us refer to Tony as sexy. I know many who think Carl has a sexy body and he is showing it off in the new Subway commercial.

I guess this site didn't want to get in trouble with Danica so they did not include her in the NASCAR Hotties
http://www.foxnews.com/imag/Love/Matt+K ... AR+Hotties
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

racer1

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:55 pm

Well as i said this "Freedom of speach" thing is out of control and it will be dealt with in time, maybe after Iam gone but still? We see young people killing themselves over online bashing and other terrible things considered Freedom of speach and allowed but when it causes serious harm mentally or physically then its no longer Freedom of speach and needs to be dealt with. As you mentioned it isnt just Danica, its anyone who is popular enough to get these otherwise nobodys some attention.

Anyone been noticing that more celebs were suing tabloids and mags etc and winning over slamming or untrue remarks more and more now and the UK got rid of the entire tabloid type newspaper recently--love it.

If you're a writer but havent got much of a following so you start bashing someone who is very popular to get yourself noticed to save your job, this type of action shows it wont be tolerated ---so you lose anyway> Like I said--Love it> 8-)
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:07 pm

I am gonna have to agree with Lizard on this one. Whether I agree or disagree with this anchor, he didnt lie. So looks like Danica is wanting it both ways. Why freedom of speech is under attack is a puzzlement as well to me. He was suspended so they dont lose ratings from the backlash, not because he said something wrong or illegal. If a reporter said Carl is sexy & he knows it, let the jokes fly around the garage area with it. it is a double standard, because she is the only woman in the cup garage, yet got there from her popularity, & she got that from trying to be sexy. I think those comments should be fair game. Calling her names like B!tch would be wrong, since he doesnt know her, but all the rest should have been allowed (in a fair world)
So which part of freedom of speech is out of control? Personally I think Freedom of speech is hindered more than it is taken advantage of.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:14 pm

that is what this country is based on "freedom of speech." bein the new face of nascar ( as DW puts it) your going to get a backlash, and rightfully so, she hasnt done anything yet, and fox needs to cool their jets shoving her down everyone throat, regardless what one person here thinks of what i write, i want her to succeed, but i for one am sick already of danica this and that on tv, which is why tv is on mute.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:29 pm

Trust me, she's laughing them all the way to the bank! :lol: $$$$ :lol: $$$$ :lol: $$$$

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Danica and Dale Jr. as well are cash cows, but least Jr.can win in Nascar with alot less time,it's winning again that bothers me. :mrgreen: There are 41 other drivers and i get sick of hearing about both and i like Jr.! Danica has one win in the IRL in 9yrs.and i do remember it Helio Cast.so far non in a Nascar race and only one top five as half the field was out that race. :evil: The media bores me with their fiction rather than facts,potential are the words Tony used,lets' just stick with that and see.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:31 am

I think much of this will blow over. She won't get the fans like Jr unless she earns them. I noticed the whole preshow Sunday/Monday was about Danica but as the race went on, especially after she wrecked, they barely paid any attention to her. I actually don't think she revels in all the PR stuff but she needs to separate herself from GO Daddy's ads if she wants to be taken seriously as a driver by the real NASCAR fans. And I agree with Lizard's post plus I felt sorry for this anchor. I think a few phones were made in that matter.

If Danica continues in NASCAR like she did before, she will be called a Diva within the month. And I don't think she wants that either. We're seeing her at her must humble time as she's new here. If she starts doing well, that will tell the tale. As for ratings and PR, a DIVA has its benefits. She may get a LOT of attention by being that way but I think down deep she wants to be respected as a driver. I have absolutely no why I believe this as I have not followed her career but it's a female hunch.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

racer1

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:06 am

"I think much of this will blow over."

Many have been saying shes over for the last 7+ yrs and now shes more popular then ever because she is in a much larger arena. They said she was over in Indycar despite the huge crowds following wherever she was etc at all races. They blamed her for not having higher ratings, for stealing the spotlight of the winning drivers, but the truth is Indycar & all its drivers are unpopular and no-one can save it, not even Danica, as the GP apparently just doesnt care enough.

There has never been a female driver/celeb like this in auto racing. Her being there got Nascar its biggest ratings EVER in NNS Daytona race even though she crashed early. and Iam sure helped the 500 ratings as well as they were the 2nd best EVER. Saw part of an article about all this and mentioned even though Danica crashed early in the 500 race, laps later when the repaired Green and some black taped up Godaddy car came back on the track, the crowd erupted they said. It may fade a little if she doesnt do well, but it will never fade away completely. She has the "IT" factor and IF you knew how to make it you could make millions marketing it.

Danica is a 5 ft 100 lb female who has beaten plenty of male drivers.
She is cute, sexy, fiery, sassy and honest with her fans and they love it.
She is never boring, often funny and knows how to talk to the media.
She has the inner temper of a Busch brother at times, so always exciting to watch regardless. Even the haters cant stay away because they love to hate her. Danicamania is a mystery to many of how or why--but it just IS? 8-)
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:08 am

wolfgang wrote:Danica and Dale Jr. as well are cash cows, but least Jr.can win in Nascar with alot less time,it's winning again that bothers me. :mrgreen: There are 41 other drivers and i get sick of hearing about both and i like Jr.! Danica has one win in the IRL in 9yrs.and i do remember it Helio Cast.so far non in a Nascar race and only one top five as half the field was out that race. :evil: The media bores me with their fiction rather than facts,potential are the words Tony used,lets' just stick with that and see.

This makes the most sense to me... ^^ Couldn't agree more Wolfgang -

Loved your line - "The media bores me with their fiction rather than facts" - couldn't have said it better. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:44 am

smokieonefour wrote:
wolfgang wrote:Danica and Dale Jr. as well are cash cows, but least Jr.can win in Nascar with alot less time,it's winning again that bothers me. :mrgreen: There are 41 other drivers and i get sick of hearing about both and i like Jr.! Danica has one win in the IRL in 9yrs.and i do remember it Helio Cast.so far non in a Nascar race and only one top five as half the field was out that race. :evil: The media bores me with their fiction rather than facts,potential are the words Tony used,lets' just stick with that and see.

This makes the most sense to me... ^^ Couldn't agree more Wolfgang -

Loved your line - "The media bores me with their fiction rather than facts" - couldn't have said it better. :-)

hey just remember. Never let facts get in the way of a good story! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:23 pm

"Danica has one win in the IRL in 9yrs.and i do remember it----------------"

LMAO at morons like you. This shows one thing you no NOTHING about Danica. she was only in Irl/Indycar for 7 yrs NOT 9. 2005 to 2011 is very well known--except to idiots like you apparently. and that ONE win is still more then any female driver IN history --so its still huge.

Ranters like you post without knowing anything as you simply love to hate and your ignorance shows every time you make these lame comments--grow the "f-- Up. Danica is really just getting started in nascar now, yet you no-nothings choose to bash and complain--Go find a brain as apparently yours is missing.

Its easy to trash someone from your couch as most of you wouldnt have guts the drive 100 mph let alone 200+-go get a life and quit posting unless you actually have something intelligent to say. Danica probably makes more $$ on interest from her money then you idiots make in your lifetime and shes the one laughing at you--"all the way to the bank" 8-)
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Oh my, my, my Racer... so early in the morning. Thanks for your bitterness.. it was the perfect counter, to my too sweet coffee. :-)

As long as you're going to call people names... allow me to get my red pen out on you.

Danica started May 29, 2005. 5/06 =1 yr - - 5/07 = 2 yrs - - 5/08 = 3 yrs - - 5/09 = 4 yrs

5/10 = 5 years and lastly.... 5/11 = 6 yrs.

We're not at 5/12 yet so it is impossible to be 7 years.

p.s. This kind of math is known to most, except idiots like you, I suppose. They hide info like this in school and books. ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:47 pm

racer1 wrote:"Danica has one win in the IRL in 9yrs.and i do remember it----------------"

LMAO at morons like you. This shows one thing you no NOTHING about Danica. she was only in Irl/Indycar for 7 yrs NOT 9. 2005 to 2011 is very well known--except to idiots like you apparently. and that ONE win is still more then any female driver IN history --so its still huge.

Ranters like you post without knowing anything as you simply love to hate and your ignorance shows every time you make these lame comments--grow the "f-- Up. Danica is really just getting started in nascar now, yet you no-nothings choose to bash and complain--Go find a brain as apparently yours is missing.

Its easy to trash someone from your couch as most of you wouldnt have guts the drive 100 mph let alone 200+-go get a life and quit posting unless you actually have something intelligent to say. Danica probably makes more $$ on interest from her money then you idiots make in your lifetime and shes the one laughing at you--"all the way to the bank" 8-)

Now I thought you said why does her being female matter? So is this you contradicting yourself again? Or are you saying that one win in 7 years is kick A$S for a "Racecar Driver"! Its funny when someone (you know some moronic idiot) points out her record as a racecar driver, you want to counter with what she has done as a woman. When someone points out she is doing things as a woman, you want to point out that being female shouldnt matter.
& you accuse other posters for jumping on both sides of a fence Image
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to Danica